Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Uneven flushing--w/ pics
    #3132222 - 09/14/04 12:29 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So, I posted earlier about this, and thought some pics might help.  There are two poo/straw casings.  They were pulling away from the sides of the containers, so peroxide water was added to the casings, let soak for 12 hours, then holes were poked in the bottom of the containers, they were drained.  Some nice fruits came after this dunking, and they were harvested.  Now, random pins are popping up.  Is this the new start of the second flush, or should these pins be cleared and then the poo rinsed, dunked, and recased?  THese pins look like they will develop well.  It seems like a shame to pick them early.  What to do?? 
THanks!

GB :grin:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Uneven flushing--w/ pics [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3132529 - 09/14/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Let them mature and then dunk and case. Looks like you have too much humidity by the way, lots mycelium up the base of each mushroom is an indicator of this.

OfflineShroomanton
Shrooman!
    #3132548 - 09/14/04 01:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Those little shrooms are your new flush. The pulling away is due to dryness, the small shrooms are most likely due to dryness as well (the good flush you spoke of would have used most of the water in the substrate). There should be plenty of nutrients left in the substrate (I'm assuming it's only been through one flush).

Harvest those shrooms (wait till maturity if you like, but they don't look like much to wait for) and dunk the casing.... you can recase if you feel the need (I personally would add a very light sprinkle to the top to encourage new growth, but not too much as you can risk burying existing hyphal knots). Put back in the fruiting chamber and treat as normal, a new flush (hopefully similar to the last one) should begin (depending on how many flushes it's had so far).

Did you mist the casing at all after it's first flush? you should always use some method of rehydration after each flush.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: Uneven flushing--w/ pics [Re: Shroomanton]
    #3132593 - 09/14/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lack of water.... in the casing maybe even the substrate. also how much spawn and how was it created. also what about humidity fresh air. what kind of materials in the casing layer verm, coir, peat moss?

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Uneven flushing--w/ pics [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #3132770 - 09/14/04 02:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, dammit.  Sorry. I was unclear. 
    History:  Poo/straw was mixed.  2 colonized pints of rye were mixed with each casing, which measures about 12" long, 8" wide, 4" deep.  This colonized very well, robustly.  Then, I cased with a 1/4 inch of verm.  The fruiting chamber is a cabinet.  WHen I saw the casings pulling away  (we were getting fruits, tho) from the sides of the container, I soaked for 12 hours with peroxide 10% water solution.  This was drained.  Saw some good stuff, (e.g. the first good flush).  Also, added a few smallish rubbermaid containers of perlite for humidifcation.  Now, it's like a second afterthought flush.  However, I'm seeing new myc popping that's getting thick-white and forming hyphal knots, then pins.  But this activity is scattered.  THe sickly looking fruits are the result of a dumb-ass spraying with hydrated lime/water solution.  They're tiny, I know.  Don't look good.  But, now I'm getting this fucked up sporadic pinning, whereas, I'm trying to foster a more even pinset. 
    I guess I'm just asking if anyone has experienced a situation like this?  Should I just pick the damn things?  Hrrrm.  Please take pity on an ignorant n00b.  :blush: :grin:

GB

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3132776 - 09/14/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Looks dry to me... Increase the humidity. The mycelium doesn't look like it's growing up the stems much, it just looks like they are a little bulbous at the base to me. It's hard to say since the pics are a bit out of focus. It also looks like you don't have much of a humidification setup there.

-FF

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3132820 - 09/14/04 02:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Atmospheric situation aside normally you should just recase that with a thinnish layer of verm or whatever and give a good water.

I agree that is one dry casing. I suppose its possible mycelium on the stems could also indicate this. I don't know whether high humidity levels would be enough to replenish that casing anyway so its hard to say.

To be honest I have seen worse mushrooms in this situation so I would say you're not completely lacking water. Let them finish and then recase/redunk.

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: Uneven flushing--w/ pics [Re: utopianglory]
    #3132843 - 09/14/04 02:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Shanx.  I will follow the  tour and then re-enlist after 12 months.  Cheers and thanks for your help!  :grin: :thumbup:

GB

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Perlite, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation