Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

why does the shroomery hate the US Government?
    #3105815 - 09/07/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i wonder. here's my rant for the week:

its a great thing, the united states.

nothing like it, anywhere.

and yet, people complain about it, bitching and moaning that our government doesn't allow us all the freedoms we demand.

"why is pot illegal?" "fuck the government" "BASTARDS" is what i hear from people, almost, if not always daily.

oh well, i say.

sometimes i wanna say "shut the fuck up!" to those people. it sounds like some kid, or adult, rebelling against a parent.

is anyone besides me sick of hearing about how much our (the US)government sucks?

sure, i say the DEA is fighting a losing battle against all drugs, though they should continue to fight some.
and cops can suck, though they do a lot of good, too.

i guess i'll say this: a large group of people around here oppose the United states government, and to have that opinion is pretty pathetic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: why does the shroomery hate the US Government? [Re: ]
    #3105844 - 09/07/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

why is it pathetic? stating a view point is not pathetic...

Anonymous

Re: why does the shroomery hate the US Government? [Re: Infrared]
    #3105862 - 09/07/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

why isn't it pathetic? that is the real question.

name a government, or form of government, that exist, and has relatively fewer problems than ours?

our government is the greatest. its basically fact.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3105865 - 09/07/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i could just as easily call your oppinion "pretty pathetic" ..... pathetic for thinking that you have to "love it or leave it".... challenging the laws is what keeps them in check. if it werent for people challenging them then nothing would ever be changed

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3105874 - 09/07/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sure its a good government... im not denying that.... but it sure as hell isnt perfect... and what is not perfect has room for improvement.. i for one wont be satisfied with the status quo

Anonymous

#3105880 - 09/07/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thats what makes it great. challenging things, the right to speak out. but people around here says our government sucks, they don't appreciate what they have. that is what makes their words pathetic.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #3105882 - 09/07/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Its not the US.. its the things it chooses to stand up for...

uh... what good has the DEA done?

Anonymous

Re: why does the shroomery hate the US Government? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3105887 - 09/07/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the DEA tries to keep coke out of my sister nose, or dope out of her veins. thats good in my book. sorry if i'm mistaken.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3105905 - 09/07/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

maybe youll see the other side of the story when your friends and family are taken away for half of your life by the dea for growing plants...

and the dea mainly uses fear tactics and mis-information for anti-drug ads.... i dunno about you but i dont like being lied to by the government

Anonymous

#3105923 - 09/07/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i'm not saying that particular law is just, but they knew what they were getting into and have to take responsibility for what they did. i used to grow, i know what its all about. all i can say is, why would you risk your freedom, and your life as you know it, to smoke a plant?
i couldn't justify it.

the DEA busts down 3500 meth labs a year. gets hundreds of tons of dope of the street. thats good to me. if meth or heroin is ever legalized in this place i'm gonna be outta here, (that'be worse than re-electing bush imho).

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: why does the shroomery hate the US Government? [Re: ] * 1
    #3105932 - 09/07/04 09:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jono1 said:
the DEA tries to keep coke out of my sister nose, or dope out of her veins. thats good in my book. sorry if i'm mistaken.

i am one to question why your sister feels she needs drugs to be satisfyed.

its my opinion, that the current social/law structure is what deprived her of the meaning she now derives from coke.

so, you think the DEA keeps coke out of her nose. i think it helps put it there.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3105943 - 09/07/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

why be put into a position in the first place were growing a plant could cost you 1/2 your life?

the concept is ludicrous. the DEA can not even defend some of its policies itself... so i dont see you doing any better. the entire dea operation is run off of fear... fear that they will take your freedom.. fear that any drug will kill you

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#3105947 - 09/07/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you have been tricked into believing that the U.S. is "a great thing". i hope that someday soon you learn about reality and wake up from the american dream land.
there is nothing like it anywhere because america is basically the first petri dish nation. it was designed and grown under a careful EYE (check the back of a 1$ bill) to be what it is.... a lie, and a scpegoat for global genocide.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3105953 - 09/07/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

All governments suck, not just the US Government. I mostly bitch about the US Government because no other government has ever given me shit. Governments are by their nature a mechanism of force, and the only legitimate way of using that force is to use it to stop others from iniating force against peaceful individuals. This is the only legitimate function of government, and any government which uses force for any other means is not legitimate and will not get any respect from me.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3105964 - 09/07/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"is anyone besides me sick of hearing about how much our (the US)government sucks?"

not really since we are fed the opposite via the media.

I have a point of view about the country I live in, because it is my right as a human. if I see something that I don't like, you bet I'm going to speak about it.

it's the type of thinking to "settle for less" that I don't agree with often. I'm not going to go as far as to judge it as "pathetic" just that I disagree.

there has to be a voice for poeple, and if you hear a lot of ramblings about how the governement sucks, well isn't that pointing to change?

besides, I think it is awesome to hear that many other people agree that our governemnt and system is rather retraded, it's what we as GOOD citizens SHOULD be doing

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Anonymous

Re: why does the shroomery hate the US Government? [Re: BleaK]
    #3105985 - 09/07/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

no. you're mistaken my friend. she's never done coke. she's only fifteen or so.

the DEA, with all its downfalls, and propaganda, still does much good. do you like meth? heroin? cocaine?

i like cocaine. i'll admit it. but i'd be better off if it was never around.

hell, i love LSD. don't think it should be illegal, but it is.
too bad one guys spending the rest of his life behind bars for it, it really is a shame. but the law is the law. for example, its better than some of the more liberal/progressive islamic countries.

hell, if you're caught dealing any US scheduled drug in the country of egypt, you die. even pot.

call our country fucked up.

this may be a rant, but if you are priviliged to live in the US, and think our government "sucks" then you're definitely overlooking the notion that you're blessed beyond belief.

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
    #3105987 - 09/07/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The main thing I have against hte US governement is the entirety of the DEA. I don't think there shoudl be any drug laws restricting drugs in their entirety. The only laws I believe that should be passed on drugs are that users have to pass a mental test about the drug they are wishing to take prior to using it. As long as people know exactly what they are doing, there is no reason to make it illegal. Peoples pursuit of happiness is their right, not a health privledge.

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #3105998 - 09/07/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If you think your sister cant get coke, you're sorely mistaken.... the DEA does nothing but play darwinism on the market, making sure the smartest survive, and drive the prices sky high.

Anonymous

Re: why does the shroomery hate the US Government? [Re: BioSore]
    #3106015 - 09/07/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

look at portugal, perhaps the only country that has legalized all drugs. horrific drug addiction problems. at least from what i've hear. sure, they grow some potent ganga there. but drugs have taken over the youth, and are crippling their society. their government couldn't afford to keep up its war on drugs, which is a mixed blessing.

again i say imprisonment for marijuana isn't right, but its the way it is.

i guess i don't understand how one can hate on a government that strives to protect the rights of all people.

and Clean: your claims are ridiculous. i've seen a Mel Gibson movie with the government conspricacy idea. get over it man, come on now.

let me ask you this, if the US government sucks, why don't you leave, go to say, Canada, the Netherlands, or somewhere where you won't be "persecuted"

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3106019 - 09/07/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't hate the government pre se. I just hate dumb laws that dictate we can't smoke a plant or eat a particular fungus.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds