Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
UNJUSTLY MODERATED
    #3076161 - 09/01/04 01:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my VVV free ethno seed thread has been locked FOR NO JUST REASON. to simply add a few more rules in a DUPLICATE thread, that could have been edited in the ORIGINAL thread.

i have never been one to bitch much ( lol except the whining about the brewing forum) , and i have tried to do my best to help out in all aspects of the shroomery, or at least to the extent the administration let me, but that thread was a great service, and has served the e-garden well since the day i posted it, and from what i can tell by reading through the entire thread, is one guy mentioned starting a new one, and the acting moderator jumped right on it.

WHAT ABOUT THE MEMBERS THAT WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE?. did they just waste their time/seeds/ and good deeds for nothing?

how many bad deals have went down in the VVV free print thread? i myself have been burned there, but never once did i even think of suggesting that thread be locked, in fact i went the other way with it and "campained" about not fearing the thread, and continue using it.

If anyone can show even 1 shroomery policy my thread broke, i will shut up.. but like i said, i just reread the entire thread and there isnt any.......

CC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: UNJUSTLY MODERATED [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #3076201 - 09/01/04 01:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

As I told you in my PM, It was suggested and asked several times now that a new Free Seed Thread be started because of the directions the thread was taking. I try to keep things on a majority basis. It was stated publicly and privately that a new one be started and when in public nobody came out vote nay on any occasion.

If you feel you're not in the minority then make it be known and see who comes out to voice an opinion. If it turns out indeed that more people don't think a new thread will help than I had originally thought, then I will sort out the clutter and track down some no-shows.

However I will conceed that i agree with your original point in your PM to me. That it will eventually degenerate into a mess like this one did. I will argue howevether that EG is not the Marketplace, and nobody ever said that the Free Ethnoseed thread had to operate like free print thread. Apples and Oranges.

My personal philosophy is that a thread like that should perhaps be recreated every so often to keep it fresh, alive and maintained such that it doesn't degenerate into what it has. So if this switch works out and you are indeed in the minority then I will try to recreate the thread every few months or when the thread becomes stale and confusing like the one in question has become.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNJUSTLY MODERATED [Re: neuro]
    #3076535 - 09/01/04 02:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nobody ever said that the Free Ethnoseed thread had to operate like free print thread. Apples and Oranges

HMMMMMMMM well, did you ask me if it was/was not. I made the thread, how it was planned, is not for you to decide. i think i am the only one who knows for sure how it was intended. i do know, it broke no rules, and except for a few instances, it worked fine, and no one was FORCED to post there.
you cant lock threads just because a couple people dont like it quite the way it is..... unsticky it and let it die, if its that bad it will, but dont lock it... that is just overstepping your authority

Quote:

I will argue howevether that EG is not the Marketplace

Then unlock my thread, put it IN the marketplace, where i posted it IN THE FIRST place, and it will be out of your hair.

the fact is, the thread was not perfect, but with MANY newbies, no thread will be, especialy dealing with ethno's, The original thread was about spreading the knowledge, and the seed....... my thread was made out of love for the hobby, and of the community....... and no matter how many times you clone MY thread, it will NEVER be the same.

ok, i wont go on and on, i leave to the members AND ADMINISTRATION, to see the right thing is done here......

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3077334 - 09/01/04 10:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

>> HMMMMMMMM well, did you ask me if it was/was not. I made the thread, how it was planned, is not for you to decide. i think i am the only one who knows for sure how it was intended. i do know, it broke no rules, and except for a few instances, it worked fine, and no one was FORCED to post there.

If you care so passionately about this thread why did you not try to sort out all the mess that was in it? Why is it the last time you've posted in that thread, or even all of EG for that matter, was December of 2003.

You also keep stating your argument over and over again. I know it broke no rules, and i told you the reasoning behind closing it and starting a new one. And my challenge still stands, if you think it's only just a couple of people who want it closed and a new one made, then prove it. That's all.

>> Then unlock my thread, put it IN the marketplace, where i posted it IN THE FIRST place, and it will be out of your hair.

Don't try and blame moving that thread to EG on me. It was also another request by the members, and in addition, I could not have moved that thread myself, a Marketplace moderator needed to move it, and that was on someone who was not myself's request.

>>you cant lock threads just because a couple people dont like it quite the way it is..... unsticky it and let it die, if its that bad it will, but dont lock it... that is just overstepping your authority

Thank you for making me aware of my authority.

>>the fact is, the thread was not perfect, but with MANY newbies, no thread will be, especialy dealing with ethno's, The original thread was about spreading the knowledge, and the seed....... my thread was made out of love for the hobby, and of the community....... and no matter how many times you clone MY thread, it will NEVER be the same.

I'd really like to know how it spreads knowledge. But anyway, I think I see what this is really about. As I'm really not passionate about this, other than trying to make things run as smoothly as possible for all parties involved: the other members, you, and myself included. If it's such a big deal to you that you have a thread stickied or have this hackneyed idea attributed to your nick in a forum you haven't posted on for nearly a year, as well as these boards which you've sparsly posted on in that same time, then this is what i ask. Make a new thread/clone of the Free Ethnoseed swap and i'll sticky it and let that be the new thread.

The point of recreating the sticky thread is to try to perpetually manage the nonsense that begins to transpire at times. When it gets to be a lot, the thread will be re-cloned. That is how i answer your argument stating "it will only degenerate anyway," this is my plan to fix it. I refuse, and it seems the other members are unhappy too, with letting it sit in it's own degenerated mess of off-topic posts. You seem content with eltting it whallow in it's own filth as I've seen no alternative ideas from you. I am simply uninterested in having threads with my name attached to them stickied, if that's a prize for others and the thread gets the job done, the by all means make a clone and i'll resticky it if that's what will stop this drama. But the bottom line is, the will of the members was considered and a new thread was made, and that's how it's going to be unless you can prove your opinion is the majority opinion. Otherwise, a new thread will be made, if you want make the new one then you can, if you choose otherwise then I'm sorry you couldn't be a part of it.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNJUSTLY MODERATED [Re: neuro]
    #3077513 - 09/01/04 11:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I said i wasnt going to post again, and this WILL be my last on the subject, as I have stated a fairly good case. like i said, i am letting the Members, and Admins see to it that the right thing to do is done, BUT you make me feel i need to justify a few things, which i dont believe i should have to.....

first off, you asked questions, i am answering them. I am not doing this to sway the decision of the admins, or members. as they are irelavant.... but your post makes it sound i am so against the locking, for personal reasons , to have a sticky thread attached to my name..

son, do a google search for ChromeCrow. you will get almost 5000 entries(4,040 to be exact), i need NO stickied thread to perpetuate my name! I have invested enough time and resources online to have made sure my name will be looked at favorably. I am known and trusted across the net. CC isnt just a username to me, its an extension of my own persona, and i have built a trust in this name, no one fears dealing with me, and i am welcomed and respected at more sites then i could name, so this entire thing IS NOT about just having a sticky with my name on it

its the whole point behind the locking, that if a few people dont like a thread, it will be locked..... i could offer a list a mile long of threads i dont really care for that much... and i am sure other members are the same... if mods locked posts on the fact a few people dont like that particular post, the shroomery would lose 1/2 if not more, of the posts we have. That is one reason why there is policies about what is/isnt allowed, to keep personal preferances out of it. with billions of people on the net, and 10's of thousands at this site alone, the vast amount of differences is mind boggling.

anyway, now to answer your questions...

Quote:

If you care so passionately about this thread why did you not try to sort out all the mess that was in it? Why is it the last time you've posted in that thread, or even all of EG for that matter, was December of 2003.

now it seems i dont care..... and actually if i didnt know these two people bitching back and forth( me and you), i would agree. so i cant argue too much, but FYI, the reason i havent been posting MUCH anywhere, is the fact i am recovering from my 3rd stroke. plain and simple.
i am a mod on 2 other boards, and i havent even been able to do much at either sites except read the posts, thankfully the admins on those sites are wonderful people, with a good value of whats right and wrong, and they have left me on the staff ...
which all of that is ilrelavent, i shouldnt have to post my personal info. But i wont be made to sound like a attention junky. look at my post number.. i have seen people here with a few months in double my number..if i was into the "glory" i would be a post whore from hell..

Quote:

Don't try and blame moving that thread to EG on me. It was also another request by the members, and in addition, I could not have moved that thread myself, a Marketplace moderator needed to move it, and that was on someone who was not myself's request.

never once did i say it was you who did it, and until recently i thought the e-garden was a better place for the thread, BUT the thread seems to be a burden for you, and maybe the mods in the marketplace are more adept at dealing with these type of threads... no bad thoughts, as you are very intelligent when it comes to ethno's, and i do enjoy your posts/pics. I was just meaning that maybe since it is a trade thread, it shouldnt actually be in a discussion forum at all. Thats why I originally placed it in the marketplace

Quote:

Thank you for making me aware of my authority.

i have seen many conflicts between mods and members since i have joined..... i have learned what is / isnt accepted both for mods and members, so yeah i guess i was a bit flippant in the way i phrased that, but i DO have a good understanding of the whole picture.

again, i do think your a good mod per say, and very knowledgable. I also think your doing what you feel is best for the E-Garden, BUT members have regulations that they are forced to follow ( which is a great thing ), then i feel as long as they are within those guide lines.. be it the VVVV thread or other threads, then they shouldnt be locked to please a few other indivuals.

'nuff said
pleasant journeys
CC

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
    #3078555 - 09/01/04 05:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not trying to step on toes here, but:
I really don't see what your problem is ChromeCrow. What harm has been done? As I see it the new thread, with its rules at the top, just ensures that more people will actually READ the rules and abide by them. So hopefully we won't get all the confusion about seed count and strain, and the interruptions that the confusion causes.
It's not as if a precedent has been set by which all threads will be locked at the first sight of complaint. It was locked for practical reasons.
"did they just waste their time/seeds/ and good deeds for nothing?"
The purpose of the thread wasn't to perpetuate itself. It was to spread seeds, which it did. So no, of course it wasn't for nothing just because the original thread was locked.
Maybe you made your reasons more clear in your PMs with Neuro, but to me it seems that you value the original thread above the new one, and I can't see why? The new one has clearer rules and less clutter, but does exactly the same job.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: UNJUSTLY MODERATED [Re: Openminded]
    #3117596 - 09/10/04 07:21 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Another blow for free speech, and another case of arbitrary enforcement of nonexistant rules.

This is sad. If you guys want to run the board this way you should be more clear that free speech is not tolerated and that this place is a fantasy land where everyone must think the same way and be 100% polite all the time.

-FF

Anonymous

Re: UNJUSTLY MODERATED [Re: fastfred]
    #3118674 - 09/10/04 03:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
Another blow for free speech, and another case of arbitrary enforcement of nonexistant rules.

This is sad. If you guys want to run the board this way you should be more clear that free speech is not tolerated and that this place is a fantasy land where everyone must think the same way and be 100% polite all the time.

-FF

what!?!?!? this isnt otd!!

that kind of language will not be tolerated here!!!

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3118892 - 09/10/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The Thread is gone......... the members admin have made the final decison PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback