Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

Re: Mod Squad [Re: egghead]
    #352452 - 07/01/01 11:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I just made it so that when you are viewing the topics in a forum it lists the moderators at the top. Hopefully this will make it easier to see who is a mod.

3dshroom@shroomery.org
http://www.shroomery.org

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
thanks [Re: 3DSHROOM]
    #352828 - 07/02/01 02:32 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

yes this makes things much less confusing, but i don't really pay attention to the messages by the people with green names because it there are so many mods posting in all the forums. the highlighted name no longer has any value. if only the mods of the forum you are visiting had thier names highlighted,it would make things much simpler.

Edited by narc monkey on 07/02/01 04:36 AM.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Some of the New Moderators and Their Power Trips! [Re: Thor]
    #353154 - 07/03/01 04:57 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

well i'll never agree with this method of selecting mods, just because it makes you seem slightly like a dictator, ( if the shroomery abids(sp) with US laws, shouldn't it be a democracy?) , i'm glad some members agree with me on this.
Plus agruing isn't making anything any better so whatever, I guess everyone can't agree all the time, see ya at the Gathering.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Some of the New Moderators and Their Power Trips! [Re: hubertd8]
    #355072 - 07/15/01 10:09 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

The community owes it to all moderators to always make it known when they do a bad job. It is through harsh criticism that the new moderators will learn their roles and obligations. "Cutting them some slack" is a betrayal to the learning process.

The community has a voice. If there is a problem with a moderator, members are encouraged to let them know about it. One thing that is good about Shroomerites is that they tend not to deal well with people in authority. This will keep this place a free community for a long time to come.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineKrendle
veteran
Re: Some of the New Moderators and Their Power Trips! [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #355230 - 07/15/01 02:49 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I agree doob, but the critism needs to be at least somewhat objective and seperate from any personal issues the member has with the mod, or vice versa. We were all regular members once, we all got drawn into flame wars, said stupid things, pissed people off...it happens to most anybody. I think too many members hold grudges--what's in the past is done. The focus needs to be on issues now, and too often the criticism, which in and of itself is GOOD, degenerates into worthless flame wars over things that have been said in the past. Some moderators have been just as guilty of this as regular members, and it needs to stop.

I think just a LITTLE tolerance is advisable given the number of people who haven't moderated before. I don;t think their mistakes should be swept under the carpet by any means, but I do think that complaints could be voiced a little more civilly or even dealt with privately. People have a right to be angry over some of the things that have happened recently, but it might be advisable to forgive and forget once the problem has passed--and in too many instances that isn't happening.

As far as the selection of moderators, I think it was handled well. It was only posted here, and it only caught the eye of people who want to make a difference here. Left and right people asked to be mods, so maybe a few bad apples slipped through. It isn't as if Thor and 3D are blind to the work we do. Any problems they saw, or that were brought to their attention, were dealt with. They are trying new things around here, some will work, some won't. It is all trial and error. We have an obligation to let them know what works and what doesn't, but just because something doesn't play out the way they planned doesn't mean that they are inept, or conspiring, or anything other than the fact that they made a simple mistake.

First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts ;)

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Some of the New Moderators and Their Power Trips! [Re: Krendle]
    #355241 - 07/15/01 03:09 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

+fantasy

Talents not shared are not a talents.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: Some of the New Moderators and Their Power Trips! [Re: Thor]
    #355819 - 07/16/01 01:15 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, Cap Max was right on the nose with that McMan thing. And, he was the only one who was pointing out McMan's twisted idea of what it is to be a mod right from the beginining. McMan was power hungry and abusing his mod status. I guess Max calling it out could be considered strongly oppinionated, combative, argumentative, rude, etc., but it was the correct means to the correct ends.

Oh well.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Some of the New Moderators and Their Power Trips! [Re: PGF]
    #355831 - 07/16/01 02:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Funny but McMan won both in the election where you reply and say who you want to be mod, and in the anonymous election :smile:

So the public wanted McMan as the moderator of the forum, I simply followed their wishes.

I agree it wasn't the right move, but its what the people wanted. He was way ahead on the election results, so hopefully people will understand why I don't like elections. People vote by popularity, not who's best suited for the job.

So theres a perfect example of why we choose mods now instead of having elections. People interested make it know, and we choose from them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom