Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Yeeaaahhh...I got my first Graphic Design job!
    #3072032 -

No more restaurant slave labor for me! I landed a full time graphics job at a sign shop, drawing presentation pieces and sign plans! Starts off at $15 an hour. I'm so happy today! It's going to be a big change though...no more stoned freestyle drawings...now it's detailed too scale drawings...and they use Corel Draw...I'm more of an Illustrator guy, but man..finally a job I will enjoy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yeeaaahhh...I got my first Graphic Design job! [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3072525 -

Awesome!
That awesome man, I was actualy excited for you reading that.  :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yeeaaahhh...I got my first Graphic Design job! [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3072648 -

congratulations!

i wish i were so lucky


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yeeaaahhh...I got my first Graphic Design job! [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3072770 -

Awesome man, congratulations. I also just landed my first graphic design related position.. but I'm starting out lower, heh. I will be simply reconstructing already mostly finalized prototypes in Freehand, then once they are approved I do the stepping layout and printing. Mine starts at 10.50 though, heh.. 15 sounds sweeeeet... atleast I get a 90 day review. :P

Edit: Just noticed you have to work in Corel Draw.. that's funny, because I'm an Illustrator/Photoshop guy too, and now I have to learn Macromedia Freehand. (Which is pretty not bad I'd have to say, after one day of use.. definitely more user friendly at the get-go than Illustrator.)

Edited by JacquesCousteau (08/31/04 05:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yeeaaahhh...I got my first Graphic Design job! [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3073471 -

Congrats Milky!
I honestly think someone of your talent will be huge someday... this is only the beginning!

Good luck friend, have a job that you love to do just reaffirms that life is good :wink:


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Yeeaaahhh...I got my first Graphic Design job! [Re: Blastrid]
    #3076794 -

Thank you guys...all of you! There is lots of talent here on the board...and I can't stress it enough...STICK TO WHAT YOU LOVE, AND NEVER GIVE UP.

P.S...Funky...how is your head? I was to see some of your street work!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm Testing for a Graphic Arts Job - Wanna See? Anonymous 1,418 6 06/25/02 02:02 AM
by vkk_
* Graphics designed under the influence (bandwidth heavy) psilo9com 1,026 6 06/26/03 02:02 AM
by Strumpling
* Post deleted by Anno Anonymous 1,463 8 05/23/02 05:37 PM
by Anonymous
* Can a shroomerite PLEASE give me a hand? My job depends... HagbardCeline 933 4 06/25/04 05:28 AM
by wandrnshaman
* Graphic Artists Wanted for a Shroom-Related Site! *DELETED* Demon 896 5 01/04/04 05:51 PM
by PrayingMantiss
* Re: Graphic Designer Wanted: Spore Rewards Captain Jack 1,055 5 06/29/00 09:33 PM
by phrozendata
* Two new Graphic Designs by MJ mjshroomer 541 1 12/28/02 09:23 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* For the serious graphic designer mjshroomer 343 0 09/07/04 06:45 AM
by

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
904 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.