Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Can a shroomerite PLEASE give me a hand? My job depends...
    #2825653 - 06/24/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ON YOU!  If I don't get this, I won't meet my quota, and
at minimum my boss will be quite pissed.  I already promised I had met it.

I work in advertising and I have a new publication coming out soon that deadlines for submission this coming Monday.  We have a production department that normally handles proofs, but the last day to submit a layout for proof was this Monday.  I of course had some people who wanted to wait until the last fucking minute to decide and now they want in but want a proof first.

I'll know tommorow what they want to do (generally), and if I can get someone the necessary pics, can they help design something by early Monday morning (like 8 AM central)?

The publication will be full of cars, trucks, RV's, boats, atv's, cycles, etc.  The layouts are generally fairly simple, but however you can integrate your creativity (within reason**  :laugh:) would be appreciated.  The ad size is slightly smaller than notebook paper, probably about 7x9, and full color.  It will simply be take the pics I provide you with and placing them on the page with some text and other graphics.  Maybe brushing out the backgrounds.  If I can maneuver it correctly, there will only be one place that will absolutely have to this done and it's a boat store BTW.

Does this sound difficult?  Anyone interested PM or email me with their terms and we'll see if can come to agreement.

**About the creativity.    If you can hide a well designed mushroom in it, don't tell me and we'll see if I can catch it.  Assuming someone wants to do this.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (06/24/04 09:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Can a shroomerite PLEASE give me a hand? My job depends [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2826371 - 06/24/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Wow... please don't take any offense, but you should learn to take on jobs that are challenging, yes, but jobs that you can do. You want a shroomerite to help design an auto publication from scratch?

Sounds like quite a project to do in one weekend...

Again, please don't take offense. There are plenty of talented artists and designers round these parts, but they get paid to do stuff like this...

Good luck

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Can a shroomerite PLEASE give me a hand? My job depends [Re: Blastrid]
    #2826414 - 06/25/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
Does this sound difficult? Anyone interested PM or email me with their terms and we'll see if can come to agreement.

I didn't intend on them doing this for free.

Also, I sell advertising, I don't do graphic design. We have a production department that handles that for us. It is just that this client waited too long to commit and to get a proof back before it goes to print.

It isn't an entire publication either. It's one, one page ad. It will be a few pictures of boats and maybe something else, put on a back ground and some text in different sizes and fonts. I don't see why it would be very complicated, but that is why I was asking how difficult someone thought this would be.

Edit - I see rereading my orignal post how it may not have been clear that this is only one page I need done. Most likely anyway...I'm 99% sure.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Edited by HagbardCeline (06/25/04 12:09 AM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2826617 - 06/25/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ah, that straightened up quite a bit :smile:

Then this is a great place to look for someone.

There are many talented people here.
I wish you luck! :smile:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2826959 - 06/25/04 05:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'll get you in touch with our art dept at work and see if we can help you.

Go ahead and email me the pics along with the details of what you need done, target purchasers, publication type, anything else we may need and I'm sure we can come to agreeable terms.

I'll always help a fellow Shroomerite!

email to: jldawg67@yahoo.com

Edited by wandrnshaman (06/25/04 05:41 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale