Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The eternal power of now * 1
    #29661693 -

The eternal presence of moment



Ever in motion is the future


Did you forget the now

Eternal presence of now is real

Memories knowledge and wisdom are what we carry.

Spiritual mental physical are all happening now

All Perceptions are real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: dreamninja] * 2
    #29661710 -

On the cosmic level

all moments flow into One

On human level

NOW is a split second

moving forward

On cosmic level

the totality of all time

is NOW.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: dreamninja] * 1
    #29661853 -

Yes, and absolutely so.

So much so, I assert that not only are past and future conceptual abstractions - but your consciousness itself precludes those concepts entirely.

When is consciousness?

NOW.

You are always NOW.

The immoveable, inexorable constant through which anything observed has any relevance, meaning, or efficacy whatsoever.


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #29661859 -

If there is an ever present moment, and all the universe is in accordance with this present. How in the world does/can our mind create and then latch on to what isn't, such as the past and future?


--------------------
Yeah it's fun, but have you ever tried it high?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: hidingbush] * 1
    #29661921 -

hidingbush said:
If there is an ever present moment, and all the universe is in accordance with this present. How in the world does/can our mind create and then latch on to what isn't, such as the past and future?



Because the primary function of your consciousness (cognition) is conceptualization.

We conceptualize things like up, down, past, future, blue, yellow, names, etc. because they are useful to us...but they're ultimately just abstracts, not actuals.

They're a function of your consciousness, not the other way around.

Your ability to conceptualize the past and future is a function of your consciousness.

Again, when is consciousness?

NOW!

Exactly as you correctly assert in your opening post.


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #29662278 -

Loaded Shaman said:
hidingbush said:
If there is an ever present moment, and all the universe is in accordance with this present. How in the world does/can our mind create and then latch on to what isn't, such as the past and future?



Because the primary function of your consciousness (cognition) is conceptualization.

We conceptualize things like up, down, past, future, blue, yellow, names, etc. because they are useful to us...but they're ultimately just abstracts, not actuals.

They're a function of your consciousness, not the other way around.

Your ability to conceptualize the past and future is a function of your consciousness.

Again, when is consciousness?

NOW!

Exactly as you correctly assert in your opening post.



Well said.

TIME -- WORLD -- REORDERING
Dreaming state of consciousness: NEW REORDERING
Information <> Construction
(non-linearity)

Ouroboros

LIFE IS TRIPPY! EXISTENCE IS MYSTICAL!

:mushroom2:

Edited by solarshroomster (09/05/26 10:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: solarshroomster] * 1
    #29663081 -

solarshroomster said:
Loaded Shaman said:
hidingbush said:
If there is an ever present moment, and all the universe is in accordance with this present. How in the world does/can our mind create and then latch on to what isn't, such as the past and future?



Because the primary function of your consciousness (cognition) is conceptualization.

We conceptualize things like up, down, past, future, blue, yellow, names, etc. because they are useful to us...but they're ultimately just abstracts, not actuals.

They're a function of your consciousness, not the other way around.

Your ability to conceptualize the past and future is a function of your consciousness.

Again, when is consciousness?

NOW!

Exactly as you correctly assert in your opening post.



Well said.

TIME -- WORLD -- REORDERING
Dreaming state of consciousness: NEW REORDERING
Information <> Construction
(non-linearity)

Ouroboros

LIFE IS TRIPPY! EXISTENCE IS MYSTICAL!

:mushroom2:



This is essentially it regarding dream-state vs waking state.

In your dreams at night, YOU are the container as well as all it contains; all the people, places, dramas, etc. - are happening WITHIN your consciousness/SELF.

You ARE the projector, as well as all it projects.

Extrapolate this to "waking" "reality".


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: hidingbush]
    #29663555 -

hidingbush said:
If there is an ever present moment, and all the universe is in accordance with this present. How in the world does/can our mind create and then latch on to what isn't, such as the past and future?



distracting changes, which keep us alive, trigger responses from memory.
whatever we were doing 'in the moment' is wrapped in the past memory, and replaced by the next thing that seems significant.
this process is equally 'eternal' as the 'now'


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: redgreenvines]
    #29667464 -


Edited by FishOilTheKid (09/13/26 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: dreamninja] * 1
    #29676829 -

“The present is the point where time touches eternity”

CS Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: Imatryin] * 2
    #29678037 -

I did an experiement "years ago" where I told myself I would find the ultimate answer to the now

I sat at my dinner table and told myself that "I am here...I am here...I am here..."

Until I realized that I was and am literally everything that could be described as being 'Here'

The perciever and the percieved are one, and they are both the Now Moment

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29678659 -

It is quite useless talking about the now as it is nonduality, because they are everything. Who is trying to get into the now? The now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: mt cleverest]
    #29678663 -

Hey what’s happening? Whatever is currently happening.
Well thanks for the info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: mt cleverest]
    #29678712 -

only before and after.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: langten69]
    #29678958 -

langten69 said:
I did an experiement "years ago" where I told myself I would find the ultimate answer to the now

I sat at my dinner table and told myself that "I am here...I am here...I am here..."

Until I realized that I was and am literally everything that could be described as being 'Here'

The perciever and the percieved are one, and they are both the Now Moment



Yes, you are creating every moment. All of this that you experience is your mind's construction as the universe self-imaginating. Time and all of that are likely just constructions, logical constraints, that might not be fundamental to your ultimate nature. Many people have experiences where time dissolves, so it's just a construction, but not necessarily fundamental.

"See" with "new eyes"!


--------------------
Chopin in Eternal Sonata: "I believe that I am somehow being tested. That I am on this journey to come to some realization. And in order to do so, I think I’m supposed to live my life to the fullest, even if it is in this muddled world of dream and reality."
Magic is FOR YOU. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: langten69]
    #29681043 -

langten69 said:
I did an experiement "years ago" where I told myself I would find the ultimate answer to the now

I sat at my dinner table and told myself that "I am here...I am here...I am here..."

Until I realized that I was and am literally everything that could be described as being 'Here'

The perciever and the percieved are one, and they are both the Now Moment



Correct!

:shroomhead:


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #29682851 -

Eternity includes the Now!


--------------------
Thank you for your Time...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #29682905 -

Eternity as a temporal concept can't exist without your consciousness, which IS, IS NOW, and ALWAYS IS NOW!


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The eternal power of now [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #29682924 -

Loaded Shaman said:
Eternity as a temporal concept can't exist without your consciousness, which IS, IS NOW, and ALWAYS IS NOW!



True, but we leave this moment lost in thoughts and projection..

Do we really have to go anywhere else?


--------------------
Thank you for your Time...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Humans as powerful spiritual beings exclusive58 2,265 14 08/22/22 06:00 AM
by teknix
* an interesting passage from Ann Rice RE: Psychic Powers DoctorJ 2,907 15 08/11/06 04:31 PM
by ngnyus
* immortality (subjectively eternal conciousness) Moonshoe 1,718 10 11/21/05 08:03 PM
by Moonshoe
* do you have magic powers?
( 1 2 3 all )
Telepylus 7,323 43 09/25/18 03:13 PM
by Green7Alchemist
* psychic powers suck
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 5,935 25 09/25/06 09:44 PM
by ck10n3
* The Power of Belief LunarEclipse 1,248 5 10/23/05 11:23 AM
by Retired
* Psychics powers are a very real part of evolution that we are proggramming ourselves to nullify
( 1 2 3 all )
Ego Death 8,032 41 12/12/08 05:22 AM
by Bridgeburner
* Acid powers notapillow 1,328 12 08/23/06 05:39 PM
by Booby

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
264 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.