Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Is Time almost Up?
    #2966063 - 08/04/04 11:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How much longer do you think we as a species can sustain our resources on Earth? Has anyone heard about the possibility of marshal law being enacted on North America? We have an exponential growth curve to the population, does anyone else hear the hum of an insect attacking the host?

Be the change you want to see.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: namaste]
    #2966163 - 08/04/04 11:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think people who want to live in a world that we fucked up are headed down that path. Focus on it, fear it, beleive in it and it will be yours!

I think people who beleive we will sort this mess out through the use of free energy will go down that timeline and will be liven large. Focus on that outcome and beleive in it and it will be yours.

Does anyone have any idea how much free energy technology is already out there and being supressed by our government from use? Its a freakin joke.

Where's the canidate to vote for who is going to launch a free energy program?

Clear Water Fl. is setting up to become a model community for a free energy use don't ya know.

It will happen because people are getting more and more pissed off and are taking matters into their own hands.

I think in little time, human kind is going to plow right over and through the government and they will never know what just happened. Like a massive sunami. he he he

I think going through beleiving in limited resources promotes fear. Fear will cause your worst fears to manifest if you dump enough beleif into them. You'll live happier if you adopt a belif in limitless abundance. Stuff is made from light formed and densified by sound. Light resource and the sound of its symphony is infinite and so is material resources.

Think of the stuff matter is created with as being water in a lake. The lake doesn't have to be only so big. You can dig it wider and deeper whenever you want to and the river of source energy will just keep filling it to your sepcifications. The way to dig it wider and deeper is to open your mind and heart to acce[pting more. I don't know how it works, I just know it does.

keep affirming, "I deserve it!"

When I started applying this related to financial resources, I tripled my income.

lack thinking produces realities that are lacking.

last week, I had a weird experience where time folded in on itself and rejuvinated itself all in second. I felt it and it was wierd. Time isn't up but it is doing wierd things.

Material reality is really malleable stuff. In the future I hope to do more posts about how to play with it and get it to bend and shape to your will.

I think linear perception of how time moves is coming to close, for some anyway.

Thats when abundance will really kick in because time won't equal money anymore.

just some random thoughts before bed

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #2968282 - 08/05/04 04:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

WoW! Thank you, that gave me some new visons, i will be trying the affrimation, i see where you're going, limited ideas=limited reality. sorry about the paranoia, continue on wise one.

Material reality is really malleable stuff. In the future I hope to do more posts about how to play with it and get it to bend and shape to your will.
please pm me when this happens.

the fabric of reality has been feeling extremely thin to me today.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2968430 - 08/05/04 04:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think Christians are taking over the world (already have?) and preparing the apocalypse. They will see to it that their book was the right one, and in doing so, will destroy all that we have created.

What a shame. Acting like there is no tomorrow makes it so!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2968484 - 08/05/04 04:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
I think Christians are taking over the world (already have?) and preparing the apocalypse. They will see to it that their book was the right one, and in doing so, will destroy all that we have created.

What a shame. Acting like there is no tomorrow makes it so!

WTF?

--------------------

Anonymous

#2968867 - 08/05/04 06:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How much longer do you think we as a species can sustain our resources on Earth?

Does it really matter?

Has anyone heard about the possibility of marshal law being enacted on North America?

It might happen eventually, but does it really matter?

We have an exponential growth curve to the population, does anyone else hear the hum of an insect attacking the host?

The earth has held this many people in the past before the population was reduced. I'm sure something will reduce the popluation again. Does it really matter?

We have a slim chance of changing human nature.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2968892 - 08/05/04 06:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"We have an exponential growth curve to the population, does anyone else hear the hum of an insect attacking the host?"

I wouldn't worry much about the quantity of people. With the expontential growth of humans, AIDS will spread at an increasing rate also, along with other such things, and even if everything in the end doesn't make a difference, it's all a matter of time.

No, it's not the quantity of people that matters, it how much they treat the earth. If everyone on the world consumed and polluted as much as Americans do, we'd have some serious problems.

By the way, have you ever read the Wanting Seed by Anthony Burgess? It's about an overpopulated world that goes through cycles, reminds me a bit of this thread. A very good read if you liked A Clockwork Orange and other types of books/ movies

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #2968997 - 08/05/04 06:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The bible says there is no tomorrow, so its followers are taking this to heart, which will make it true if too many powerful people start thinking this way.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: ]
    #2969954 - 08/05/04 11:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone heard about the possibility of marshal law being enacted on North America?

Well, i'd like to feel somewhat prepared. Sometimes thinking that the end could be soon motivates me to do what i want before it's too late.

The earth has held this many people in the past before the population was reduced. I'm sure something will reduce the popluation again. Does it really matter?

What evidence do you have that the population was this high or growing this fast? Yeah, I guess i'd like a little head's up.

We have a slim chance of changing human nature.

With that attitude, maybe. I think the more we try to understand our environment and become a part of it, the better off we'll all be. Do you want your grandkids living in toxic waste?

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2970137 - 08/05/04 11:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
The bible says there is no tomorrow, so its followers are taking this to heart, which will make it true if too many powerful people start thinking this way.

interesting...the average Christian cant even be bothered to follow the ten commandments, and yet they are going to destroy all of humanity just make sure theyre "book" is correct? and then...who are they going to say "I told you so" to? the cockroaches?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: Positronius]
    #2970335 - 08/06/04 12:58 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
Quote:

Strumpling said:

who are they going to say "I told you so" to? the cockroaches?

Themselvs...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: Positronius]
    #2970631 - 08/06/04 02:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think its a bit more unconscious than you are portraying.

If your basic belief system tells you the world is going to end any day now, odds are you won't be too suprised or disappointed when our "sins" lead to the destruction of this planet, let alone do much to try and stop it. This illusion of impending death and destruction can cause major problems.

Its like "well this whole place is fucked anyway so let's rape and pillage and take advantage of the time we have left!!" but while barely realizing it at the same time.

Anyway.. just some ideas I recieved sometime that I thought were interesting.. Not actually specifically related to christianity, but many of the powerfuls are christians, one of the belief-systems that "expects" the destruction of the Earth.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #2971116 - 08/06/04 09:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Fossil fuels will run out in what...50 years? Depending on a lot of things. Before then, the oil sands of canada etc will become economically viable as the price of oil goes through the roof. If we have nothing as a backup, I'm sure global economic collapse will follow, more wars for the remaining oil, a huge drop in global quality of life and then we'll start again with whatever new fuel will take over.

Alternatively, the world could try and reduce oil consumption while pumping billions into renewable energy sources, to cure us of our fossil-fuel dependency.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2971164 - 08/06/04 09:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, have you ever heard of the Timewave Zero theory? It is a theory that was built up from many underlying concepts, which I beleive was first put forward as it is now by Terence McKenna in his book 'Invisible Landscape'. It basically views time as some form of fractal wave which on one axis is time and on the other axis is what he called 'novelty'...basically crazy shit that happens, humanity getting weirder and weirder. They lined up this fractal wave with a bunch of events in history, and it turned out that when they did this, the line finally hits zero (total novelty) on 20/12/2012. Now no one has really come forward with a concrete theory of what exactly is supposed to happen (that I know of at least) on that day, and there is a chance that it won't even be anything noticeable. But there is also a chance that the theory is somewhat valid and that this exponential / fractal progression of the human race / consciousness / reality will finally come to a crest at that time and we will begin a new era of our evolution.

Personally I don't know enough about Timewave Zero to know whether I beleive it or not, I've got to get around to reading Invisible Landscape sometime (so many books to read!!). However from the little I do know about it, combined with just the overall sense of how things are progressing globally, I wouldn't be surprised if something major does happen on / around that time. Worth a closer look at least.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: zee_werp]
    #2971183 - 08/06/04 09:59 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It's nonsense. Mckenna based it on some crazy branch of mathematics and some mathematician had a look at it and disproved his calculations. Can't remember where I saw that, maybe erowid?

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: deafpanda]
    #2971306 - 08/06/04 10:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Mmm, I'd be interested to see a link or a reference for that. Considering its not just Timewave Zero that points to that date, but also the end of the Mayan calendar - and I think a couple of other things (other calendars etc.) and not to mention that there is some rare alignment of planetary bodies on that date. Like I said I don't know what to think of it myself as I'm not educated enough on the topic. The thing you have to remember is that modern science, in its process of 'discovery', also sets boundaries for itself, perceived limitations. I wouldn't be surprised if McKenna had been working with a different set of boundaries and limitations, not necessarily any less valid than the ones we do happen to use. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was total bullshit.

In the end, science is fluid, and all theories stand to be modified / disproven. One thing I think can't be denied though, is that the world is undergoing a very crazy era at the moment.

Earlier today I was thinking that it is kind of as though the world is tripping at the moment. Explain? OK. As humans, we experience the world and our reality through our minds and on a more physical level our brains. There are many clear patterns of thought and behaviour that we tend to undergo, at least according to the theories of disciplines such as psychology, biology, sociology etc. We like the feeling of comfort and 'knowing'. We strive for stability, predictability, etc. We get ourselves into systems of thought and behaviour that seek to affirm themselves and make things easier. We build up 'rules' and ways of going through life and dealing with events. Often, these processes become so 'second nature'/'autopilot' that we forget to even think of their foundations. Then, Mr.John Doe human here stumbles upon some tasty looking mushrooms. After a tasty snack, suddenly the thought systems are seen in their true light. All the pieces of the puzzle are tossed up into the air and they eventually settle - sometimes the same as they were before, sometimes forming a completely different picture, or even complete chaos.

It is the 'up in the air' phase we seem to be in now. Everything is progressing so fast, no one can keep track of everything thats going on. The world is becoming extremely globalised, and a lot of our fundamental ways of life that have been going on for thousands of years are being questioned or even becoming obsolete. In this fast paced world, people struggle to adapt to the changes that happen. In the past 200 years or so, some major changes have occured which we created systems for, which were created so quickly and then subjected to the 'affirmation' procedures that there was little time for questioning. It is now that the world is reaching a state of confused chaos as everything is getting questioned and we try again to devise ways of understanding it. OK so now I am rambling a little so I'd better shut up before I bore everyone.

What I'm wondering now is, is what I described above something that is continuously happening, or does it happen in stages / waves / patterns of some kind? And what impact has globalisation had on this? Where social processes once occured in villages, islands, and small countries, things are now happening globally, to a large chunk of the population at once. It seems like somethings got to give.

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #2971477 - 08/06/04 11:45 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The wave hit in the mid-twenties. Broke back, then returned forty years later in the mid-sixties. Broke back once again. 2004 is the same as 1964 in the circle of time. The pressure is building up. The wave will come on even stronger this time.

Will it break through? God I hope so :::)

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: dorkus]
    #2971490 - 08/06/04 11:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

But what does that actually mean? In what way can this "wave" be said to exist?

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: Is Time almost Up? [Re: deafpanda]
    #2971526 - 08/06/04 12:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That's the bit thats hard to explain. As I said, McKenna described it as 'novelty'. Other people think that it is to do with synchronicities and the frequency / significance / globalness of their occurance. Others still think of it as the level of the collective human consciousness.

For me it was something I didn't really have a conceptualisation of until I experienced fine subtleties in the wave during an extended period of focused attention while on LSD. Check out some works by McKenna, or have a search on google, if you want to learn more. Or perhaps someone else can lend a hand in explanation?

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
    #2972285 - 08/06/04 04:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I really don't understand. It's all rambling. Sorry :wink:

But let me run a train. All is energy. All flows. Look at the sea and in the sky. Warm streams substitutes cold streams and vice versa.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology