Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Afghanistan update [Re: Stein]
    #2959873 - 08/03/04 10:41 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I wasn't strictly speaking about reading news, I was meaning absorbing the totality of information available to one, thru whatever medium possible, then defocalising. Not wholeheartedly believing any one piece.

I agree sight is the most powerful way to instil belief - after all 'seeing is believing' is the saying isn't it?

Well I ain't going to Afganistan in the near future, despite the excellence of some of their produce. The fact that there's warlords all over the show and soldiers everywhere else doesn't instill a peaceful vision in me (that warlord and soldiers bit may be all lies, but I feel pretty certain it has a large element of truth to it). So I'll have to settle for someone else bringing back pictures/video and looking at that.

Have a look at this if you can lay your hands on it.

'breaking the silence' - a documentary by John Pilger

It includes an interview with the Afgani nation's most senior woman (of this post liberation era) see what her first hand experience tells you.

The news itself (as an aspect of the media) is a load of shit, I completely agree. It should only ever be gauged with a healthy dose of scepticism and cynicism.

I find insight (and an outer vision of energy flow) a far greater tool in understanding the world and the way it works.

The deeper you look inside the more you see of the universe.

Inner vision arises.

I don't know if I express myself too well on this.

ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Afghanistan update [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2960139 - 08/03/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How about the "things are much better in Afghanistan now than they were before anybody did anything to get rid of the Taliban".

But are they? The British report said the country is on a knife-edge and could implode. Does that sound like fun?

The Northern Alliance warlords in charge now were renowned for being even more savage and deranged than the taliban. If you're going to do a job at least do it right. Don't just do the propaganda stunt, put a load of maniacs in charge and fuck off to the next "mission impossible" in Iraq.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder