Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 |
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills] * 1
    #29516940 -
Log in to view attachment

Last Bittensor report of the day attached above, taking a different approach in analyzing the potential financial benefit each leading subnet could deliver inside its target market.

This is essentially a commercial opportunity screen for the top 50 subnets, and is designed to help uncover which subnets have long term durability and growth potential.  Worth keeping in your quiver if you're considering investing in TAO subnets.  Note that the document begins with several pages of discussion, and that the commercial screen appendix begins on page 6.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29518220 -

You think ALTs will finally have their run now? I am mostly into BTC and 20% in Hype. Might be a good time to go into a more heavy alt port? Or is this just a bear market bounce based of on technicals? Macro doesn't look so bright with the war in Iran.


--------------------
a ten ton catastrophe on a sixty pound chain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Dekozn] * 1
    #29518496 -

Wish I could tell the future my man.  All I can do is manage risk.

For anyone who didn't get involved during the lower part of the prior month's basing process (or wants to get more involved now), I would ideally want to look for any high quality issues to grind around whatever key MA they just broke through... For HYPE it's the 200 day.  For TAO it's had a major run and I'd hesitate to buy here unless it does a pullback-bounce at its 8 or 21 dEMA OR moves and closes above $300 on a daily candle.  For ETH/ BTC/ SOL /ZEC, it's the 50 day that's most relevant.

Watch for consolidation around those key averages and if you see a bounce, that's when you strike, with a stop below the consolidation phase to protect your risk.

I do think many alts will continue to outperform, but it will likely be more selective than prior "alt seasons" where you could practically buy anything to make money.

Can't tell you exactly what's going to work out, but I can advise you on how to enter and keep your risk contained.  And I would absolutely focus on the names noted herein: BTC/ETH/SOL/HYPE/TAO/ZEC.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29518721 -

Are you off SUI at this point. I have some of that laying around staked. Currently at a 75ish % loss, so thought was to leave it until it can show some life again, but maybe am better cutting cord and putting it into ZEC/TAO


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Mickalopagus] * 2
    #29518782 -

I'm also down heavy on SUI but I plan on HODL until the entire market lifts.  Even if it never makes it into nice bloated green numbers, I'd rather not take the exceptionally large loss right now when I can weather it without a sweat.  FWIW though I've never been great at hitting profit lines from crypto to crypto swaps.  I always do better when I just follow the market as a whole since they all generally rise and drop together to enough of a degree to be worthwhile. 

I'm currently 32% down, combined across the board. Still tossin in some DCA cashola while we sit in the rut.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Mickalopagus] * 1
    #29518788 -

Yeah I ditched that witch around $1.50. Brutal loss. :foreheadslap:

If you still like it, it did just move through its 50 day, which also coincides with its 8dEMA.  You could just keep a stop at today's low $1.01 ... or maybe put it at like $0.99.  You're not giving back much at this point, but it would protect you from a complete loss while giving the position some room to repair itself.  That's probably what I would do unless I was frothing at the mouth to buy something else... but TAO for example, being up 60% in a week, is probably not the best buy opportunity right now.  ZEC looks like it's at a better entry point RHRN, but the 200 day still looms over head.

Not to mention the world in aggregate going to shit geopolitically, oil rapidly rising as an input cost across the economic landscape, and the impending complexity of AI related job market stress and whether or not our governments are going to figure out how to deal with it before it becomes a cataclysmic issue.  My bet is they won't.  But I digress... still gotta try to maintain purchasing power over the ever-eroding fiat landscape.


Circling back to SUI though, I just don't see the value proposition anymore.  Competition wise, they basically offer the same thing that SOL does and they simply haven't executed as well.  Relatively high throughput with low fees.  But their ecosystem is miles behind SOL... so I'd rather just stick with SOL.  Or even ETH, which may pull the rabbit out of the hat by streamlining their network (and even if they don't, they're still dominant on TVL and institutional ownership metrics).

HYPE is nice as a pureplay on "blockchaining the Nasdaq".  SOL can basically do what HYPE does, but HYPE has done a better job at concentrating on that value proposition, and attracting real money and liquidity to that ecosystem.  Not to say SOL hasn't, but HYPE's position has been one of acceleration, and its valued considerably lower than SOL, so if you're willing to take the extra risk, HYPE looks really good here and should have more relative, short-term upside.  I don't have any for that matter, but that was a mistake!

ZEC... I kind of feel like will become an evergreen asset.  The supply dynamics are great (same as BTC), and the privacy fix is huge.  There is of course regulatory risk, if TradFi-bridge venues around the world decide not to tolerate true privacy.

TAO has a fantastic story, but is as yet unproven.  Definitely one to keep an eye on.  Would suggest buying on a pullback bounce at its 8/21dEMA or 50dSMA or a close above $300.  I am very intrigued by the subnets, which are HUGE risk, but at such low valuations, even a small investment in the leaders could potentially move the needle in a meaningful way (hence all the research reports I had my agent run and provided for you in my prior posts just above).


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29518841 -

Much appreciate the information. I need to reread the subnet posts above to better wrap my head around it.

I also agree with mind that I’ve usually had the best results just not touching anything haha. So will let it ride with SUI, and maybe just pick up the others overtime with spare cash :cool:


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #29518890 -

This is something I posted to a trading group, but it really encourages me to focus on what I'm doing.  I totally get "setting and forgetting" it.  There are times for that.  But crypto, in particular, has taken a wicked swoon, and the setups look strong.  If we do pivot higher, it's best to reallocate into leadership (of course making efforts not to buy issues that may already be short-term overextended).  Anyway, at risk of further ado, peep this...  The bold part is the relevant issue, I left the rest just in case the're some trading junkies around here who want to indulge. :tongue2:

Quote:
Re:



Tom's trade right now is selling options (calls and puts) due to the elevated premiums.  Specifically on oil.  He said calls $50 out of the money are getting as much premium as puts $20 out of the money.  2.5x the distance, same premium.

He also says the "meme stock of 2026 is silver, gold and oil" 😜...

You shouldn't care about WHAT you trade or to trade in a specific portfolio allocation structure, you just need to "find a way to get involved in the financial markets so you can learn as much as you can in the shortest period of time as you can so that you can grow your $100,000 into a million or five million or whatever it is, and the only way you can do that is learning how to take measured risk, quantified risk, and probabilistic risk; and you cannot do that by just getting some portfolio breakdown, I don't think it's possible."

I dig it. ✅🤙🏼




--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29519679 -

Anybody knows something bout monad with ticker mon. It's an Ethereum-compatibel scalabilty solution with a high transaction rate.

Maximum Supply: Fixed at 100,000,000,000 MON.
Circulating Supply: Approximately 10.83 billion MON (roughly 10.83% of the total supply).
Market Cap vs. FDV: While the current market cap (based only on circulating tokens) is roughly $251 million, the FDV is nearly 9 times higher, reflecting a significant amount of tokens still locked in vesting schedules


I like the way it looks against BTC but with only 10% in circulation IDK. I also have no idea what a good token allocation should look like.
What are your thoughts on it?


--------------------
a ten ton catastrophe on a sixty pound chain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Dekozn] * 1
    #29519805 -

I haven't looked into the project specifically... but just based on the token distribution you posted here, I don't like it.  ~85% of the tokens are held by the developer team, inside investors and its foundation.  That is HUGE concentration, and although there is some variability depending on vesting schedules and foundation intent, this seems like it will result in ongoing supply steadily being dumped on the market.

As a general note: With regard to a low circulating supply, that can potentially be a good thing.  Because if the issue for whatever reason gains public interest, a limited supply in the face of increasing demand equals explosive upside.  The caveat is the timing of the unlock schedule and/or the token's supply inflation mechanism.  If there aren't major unlocks or token emissions in the next 6-12 months, a low circulating supply (even if the total supply is huge), can make for a good trade.



Fed day and BTC & SOL have both pulled backed and are maybe bouncing a bit at their 50 day.  ZEC came back to its 8dEMA and is hanging out more or less right on its 50 at the moment.  ETH still above its 50 and although it undercut its 8dEMA during the day, is above that at the moment as well.  TAO not giving much back at all.  And HYPE actually up on the day (they're a big beneficiary of knock-on effects from the Iran war.. in that they're offering 24/7 trading on OIL contracts in particular, which you just can't find in traditional markets).


Cautiously optimistic that we'll firm up around these key moving averages, but make no mistake, it could be a slog as we grind around here for a while still.  Nevertheless, we're not in freefall, and we did spend a couple months carving out a base, which we're now starting to pivot from.  These things will take time, and although the action today was pretty gross overall, the wheels didn't come off, and that's important - because there's always volatility, especially on a Fed day.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29519815 -

BTC continues sideways, etc.


--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #29521117 -

Today's TAO action is not to be dismissed.  Would've been a bit better if it held over $300, but it nevertheless bounced better than anything I've been watching.  Volume was up from the prior two lower vol pullback days.

   

This all signals a lower appetite for selling and a bit of frenzy for buying.  I want this in my bag, you should too.



Oh and one of the Bittensor (TAO) subnets was discussed with Jensen Huang (CEO of nVidia, the platform behind the bulk of AI compute).

   


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Dekozn] * 1
    #29525028 -

Recalling you asking about MON and how I didn't like it as it appears to have HUGE token centralization...

This is yet another reason to get on the Bittensor (TAO) bandwagon.  Apparently, no single entity owns more than 1% of existing supply.

The model behind it is so freaking cool.  I am a little concerned about it's "winners of the day take all" strategy.  I understand how that fosters fierce competition and potentially high quality output, but it also makes me worry about folks/businessses who don't want to have to level-up against leadership subnets by committing compute for potentially zero reward.

Nevertheless, given it's unique structure, the fact that it's HIGHLY distributed (apparently no single entity owns over 1% of TAO), its heavy lean into the AI ecosystem and its backing by big/well-funded names with history in the space; I have to imagine it's going to be able to become a near-term stalwart capable of impressive return.

And the subnets, my god the subnets!  I have to imagine there will be some EPIC returns in there.  It's just daunting trying to figure out where to place your bets... but if what I think could happen, does happen, you can just buy a basket with limited capital; because a 100x is still meaningful on a small position. :biggrin:


I posted a clip several posts back (including the following full video link), but honestly anyone even remotely interested in Bittensor should make sure they watch this in full.  Come now, drink thine Koolaid, grab a brew (or your beverage of choice), and settle in. :tongue2:




--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29526434 -

Dang that Tao! Well done Geo! I wish I could’ve hopped on that train, just didn’t have the dry powder haha


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #29526446 -

TAO pushing $380 this morning.  Intel was tweeting about one of the subnets, Targon, overnight.  No joke, I've had a taostats.io window open staring at Targon for days, but woe is me, I never pulled the trigger...

   

Up 40% inside the past two days.  The fact that the parent TAO token is moving nearly as well, is encouraging... and indicative that some of these subnets are likely VASTLY undervalued (but still a tremendously risky proposition).  I've been waiting for a pullback to try to enter some, but that pull back just hasn't shown up.


Honestly, this is the first crypto project I've seen that uses its miners work for economically productive purposes beyond securing the network.  The fact that it is designed as a hypercapitalistic network flexible to constantly cull underperformers and reward the best producers, all while allowing both the miners who provide compute as well as anybody really, the option to directly benefit from the subnets growth through either subnet alpha staking (where you receive real time emissions based on the daily quality of the subnets work) or subnet aplha token ownership (where you benefit from market capitalization growth of the subnet), is a really neat and complex ecosystem model.  This isn't just one narrative, this is truly an ecosystem play, and it's squarely centered on the hottest sector around: AI.

With folks from nVidia (the CEO no less) and Intel, amongst other high profile creators/owners in the tech space continuing to talk about this, you have to believe it's going to have legs.  Extended here for sure, but if you zoom out to the weekly chart, this thing has traded sideways (albeit in a wide range) for the past year... makes me thing a test of the top range is inevitable ~$450-$500.  And if the product in fact continues to gain traction, this one could be a BIG winner.

   

Folks have analogized it to the third major step in blockchain evolution.  We had BTC to prove the base format, we had ETH to prove smart contract execution and added flexibility, and now we have a complex auto-managed ecosystem of diverse businesses operating under the TAO paradigm.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29526677 -

geokills said:
TAO pushing $380 this morning.  Intel was tweeting about one of the subnets, Targon, overnight.  No joke, I've had a taostats.io window open staring at Targon for days, but woe is me, I never pulled the trigger...

   

Up 40% inside the past two days.  The fact that the parent TAO token is moving nearly as well, is encouraging... and indicative that some of these subnets are likely VASTLY undervalued (but still a tremendously risky proposition).  I've been waiting for a pullback to try to enter some, but that pull back just hasn't shown up.


Honestly, this is the first crypto project I've seen that uses its miners work for economically productive purposes beyond securing the network.  The fact that it is designed as a hypercapitalistic network flexible to constantly cull underperformers and reward the best producers, all while allowing both the miners who provide compute as well as anybody really, the option to directly benefit from the subnets growth through either subnet alpha staking (where you receive real time emissions based on the daily quality of the subnets work) or subnet aplha token ownership (where you benefit from market capitalization growth of the subnet), is a really neat and complex ecosystem model.  This isn't just one narrative, this is truly an ecosystem play, and it's squarely centered on the hottest sector around: AI.

With folks from nVidia (the CEO no less) and Intel, amongst other high profile creators/owners in the tech space continuing to talk about this, you have to believe it's going to have legs.  Extended here for sure, but if you zoom out to the weekly chart, this thing has traded sideways (albeit in a wide range) for the past year... makes me thing a test of the top range is inevitable ~$450-$500.  And if the product in fact continues to gain traction, this one could be a BIG winner.

   

Folks have analogized it to the third major step in blockchain evolution.  We had BTC to prove the base format, we had ETH to prove smart contract execution and added flexibility, and now we have a complex auto-managed ecosystem of diverse businesses operating under the TAO paradigm.



Got any hidden subnet gems, which you think has potential?

Grtz Tomnl


--------------------
Been away so long I hardly knew the place
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case
Honey disconnect the phone
I'm back in the USSA
You don't know how lucky you are, boy
Back in the US
Back in the US
Back in the USSA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: tomnl]
    #29526745 -

I attached several research reports I had AI run for me, in recent posts above.  Read through those to get a feel for what's available and what their potential may be.  I don't have huge conviction on any particular subnet at the moment, but there are a handful that look promising, to be sure.

To note, the dominant short term (intraday) trend has broken down on TAO.  This doesn't mean it doesn't have more upside, but it does mean that the near-term strength may be nearing exhaustion.  Watch for a bounce around ~$310 or a move above $375 as entry triggers.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: geokills]
    #29527339 -

I just discovered that I can buy and sell crypto through Paypal.

Transaction fee is 2% to buy OR sell.

Is that a lot? It feels like a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 1
    #29527366 -

That seems like a lot to me. So $1000 BYC purchase would be $20?

You can get a monthly kraken with unlimited trading (per month) at like 5,99, and then just cancel once you’ve made your trades. There’s probably a lot better than that even.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cryptocurrency: A Discussion on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Related Projects [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #29527370 -

I tried $10 and it wanted $0.22, then 100 and it wanted $2.00.

For $1000 it wants $18.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 560 | 561 | 562 | 563 | 564 | 565 | 566 | 567 | 568 | 569 | 570 | 571 | 572 | 573 | 574 | 575 | 576 | 577 | 578 | 579 | 580 |

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hackers steal $32 million in Ethereum
( 1 2 all )
Adden 5,221 26 09/27/17 08:45 AM
by bayshroomer
* Ethereum sh4d0ws 1,272 4 03/31/17 06:12 AM
by LogicaL Chaos
* My Last 6 Months: Rampant drug abuse, and making thousand off of CryptoCurrencies.
( 1 2 all )
deadwk 7,403 33 03/24/19 12:04 AM
by GlazedHazels
* Cryptocurrency tomnl 1,414 3 04/12/17 05:27 PM
by Bannannannaman
* Bitcoin speculation
( 1 2 all )
MisterMuscaria 8,154 25 03/31/21 03:50 AM
by skOsH
* Bitcoin 2jew4u 2,666 10 11/11/19 07:28 PM
by High Night Expanse
* Thoughts on Ethereum LSDx 1,765 7 05/25/17 05:32 PM
by SpinScratch
* Anyone have resources I can use to better understand Ethereum? germx99 1,570 4 04/30/17 11:25 AM
by germx99

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, automan
294,113 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 16 queries.