Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBambiEar
Bio and ChemMajor
Mazatapec Strain Started - new grain recipe: dryer & harder
    #2928495 - 07/26/04 02:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

After the disappointment of the fruitless Burma grow, I started a new batch of Mazatapecs. I did 15 jars, but I used a new recipe for the jars. In each pint jar, I put 100 grams of rye grain and about 80 grams of water; ten of the 15 jars were cooked with a pinch of Calcium Carbonate powder. The Jars looked a little dry but I inoculated anyways using about 2-2.5 ml of spore water. I did the whole thing last Monday, July 19. I checked it today and observed spore germination in all the jars. I shook the jars to mix the mycelium through out the grain.

I used this jar recipe because I had problems with excess water in the last 2 batches of jars I did. The New jars look kind of dry and the rye is loose and hard enough to make a clinking sound when they hit the jar lid. I figured that I could always add more water using sterile water. But is the hardness of the rye going to be a problem?

Also, Has anyone done the Mazatapec's before? If so, could you please share your knowledge with me and of course, the rest of the forum?

Thank you

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Mazatapec Strain Started - new grain recipe: dryer & harder [Re: BambiEar]
    #2929297 - 07/26/04 05:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The hardness of the rye might be a problem because its not like using vermiculite for moisture content. In order for the rye to suck up more moisture you would have to sit it out soaking in water for about a night and/or simmer. You might have some problems when it comes to fruiting if your myc makes it that far (it needs water/moisture to grow). Try it out like you are though, you never know with shrooms.

As for mazatapecs, I've grown them a few times in the past. They usually take a little while longer than most strains to fruit, bt as long as you keep the myc alive you won't have a problem. Fruit size varies as with every strain. They're really good trip wise... very visual and philisophical from my experiences.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Calcium Carbonate, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation