Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: spoid_kills]
    #2925528 -

I have a Crispin "Hellion" Glover cd. It?s very bizzare and funny. He covers Nancy Sinatra and Charles Manson songs and reads from some strange book that he wrote. The other songs are extremely strange. He?s wearing those pants and shoes in a picture somewhere in the booklet or on the back.

I also have a Wesley Willis song called "Crispin Hellion Glover".

How do you know that he?s tripping in that video? I watched with the sound off.

Why does he flex his bicep and start kicking at Letterman?






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Learyfan]
    #2925552 -

because he's jesus christ come back from the dead. thank you for the link my friend. thank you for sharing this.

i can't believe how Dave plays to the word associations..a high tower. we'll just drop that.

Edited by question_for_joo (07/25/04 08:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: spoid_kills]
    #2925651 -

Oh man, that was funny as hell and slightly painful at the same time.  Its so funny when you get into a situation where you are on acid but you are trying not to let others know you are fucked up.  You know you are blowing it big time but you are helpless to do anything about it.  Almost like you are just a bystander watching yourself fuck things up.  I usually tried to avoid putting myself in those kind of situations when I was doing lots of acid, but there were a few times I ended up looking just like poor Crispen there. :crazy:


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: spoid_kills]
    #2925653 -

Hehehe... I remember when that first aired. They abruptly went to a commercial break, and afterwards, nothing more was said of old Crispin. It was like he was never on the show... :wink:

How do you know he was an acid? If I remember correctly, Glover had been doing a lot of strange art projects at the time, and I always assumed that it was just more pranksterish performance art -- of a kind, that you saw a lot of back then -- just more Andy Kaufman-style schtick (like when Andy used to go on Letterman and wrestle women).

I think it was probably highly possible that Crispen had this whole idea to act like that, but that he probably never worked it out with the Letterman Show staff, so it may have, in fact, taken everybody by complete surprise...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Learyfan]
    #2925689 -

That was hilarious. He is totally tripping, you can just tell by the way he keeps looking around and stumbling. It kinda seems like Letterman could tell right away and was sorta fucking with him. Poor guy, that was great though.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Papaver]
    #2925725 -

"A geek by definition is somebody who eats live animals. I've never eaten live animals."

--Crispin Glover

Main Entry: geek
Pronunciation: 'gEk
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from English dialect geek, geck fool, from Low German geck, from Middle Low German
1 : a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake

Therefor:

$Crispin_Glover != "Geek";
$Ozzy_Osbourne == "Geek";


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Papaver]
    #2926586 -

.

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 09:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #2926657 -

If he wasn't on acid, then I have gained a lot of respect for his acting skills....thats one funny motherfucker.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #2926768 -

I think one of the things that make Crispin's acting so appealing, is his ability to crawl right inside the heads of these bizarre characters he plays. You don't get much of a sense of affectation, of acting, with Crispin. You actually believe that he is this creepy, slightly "off," character.

I did enjoy "Rubin and Ed," and he did look similar in that film to his Letterman appearance, didn't he? Right down to the prince valiant haircut. I'd never made that connection before.

"Bartleby" and "Fast Sofa" are also good examples of the types of strange characters he plays.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Papaver]
    #2926782 -

he did look similar in that film to his Letterman appearance, didn't he? Right down to the prince valiant haircut.

I found a picture of him ten years after that Letterman apperance with that same haircut. Evidently its how he wears it normally. I'm still unconvinced that he wasn't on acid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: spoid_kills]
    #2926789 -

thats fucking crazy
you wanna arm wrestle?
:lol:


--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: zorbman]
    #2926790 -

Yeah, I have my doubts too to be honest......but regardless he's a funny guy.


--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2927356 -

oh shit.

there is definatly something wierd going on.

especially when dave is like "Is this the first time youve watched a guy die?"

just topped off the cake right there to me.


--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Vulture]
    #2927482 -

Crispin Glover is a government robot. The result of alien technology salvaged from the Roswell crash site. He is a cunning simulacrum of a crazy man, but in reality he is all too calm and calculating. Also, he's never eaten live animals.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Papaver]
    #2927691 -

Oh MAN. I hope to god he was indeed working on a character, because that was intensely painful to watch. I m ean god damn...


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: spoid_kills]
    #2927741 -

he's clearly having a laugh...Crispin Glover has acted in so many strange movies, worked with guys like oliver stone, david lynch and jim jarmusch...i reckon it's just another strange character for him to play...

I also reckon letterman was in on it.


--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: Papaver]
    #2927907 -

He had my ass fooled


--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: spoid_kills]
    #2928100 -

I don't know, I just watched that and wasn't sure he was necessarily tripping. Strung out on something, but I dunno.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: check this out - Cripsen Glover on Acid [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2928149 -

Yeah he did seem just like his chararacter from Reuben and Ed.

"My cat can eat a whole watermelon."

The guy is a genius and does seem to be pulling an Andy Kaufman. I can see why he seems to be on acid though, for sure. Maybe he used acid experiences to form that character. He is so great, thanks for that link!


--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Dude on LSD during Letterman interview
( 1 2 all )
The_Hobbit 4,230 37 03/24/05 07:51 PM
by Learyfan
* Happy B-Day Crispin Glover! kronnyQ 761 5 04/20/05 04:12 PM
by Vvellum
* Cripsin Hellion Glover - "Clowny Clown Clown" video LearyfanS 1,052 6 07/08/09 02:30 PM
by Learyfan
* McCain: Skipping out on Letterman to chat with Couric
( 1 2 all )
WyattsTorch 3,719 25 09/25/08 11:22 PM
by anyone420
* Kerry on Letterman tonight
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 2,385 25 09/21/04 12:22 PM
by silversoul7
* Phish on Letterman - Monday 21st
( 1 2 3 all )
SoDak_Stranger 5,252 46 06/23/04 02:54 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Bill O'Reilly on Letterman tonight trendalM 624 4 10/06/04 02:53 PM
by ShroomFan
* Kramer flips out, here is the video
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
theuser 10,839 127 12/13/06 05:14 AM
by TheFakeSunRa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,145 topic views. 6 members, 15 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.