Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Anime dicussion & shit posting [Re: SARAtonin] * 3
    #28911143 -



--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anime dicussion & shit posting [Re: SARAtonin]
    #28911167 -

SARAtonin said:
Does anyone have good yuri recommendations?

Preferably without weird sudo-incest vibes like Citrus.
I couldn’t do it.

Also, like not super sexual. I don’t care if it’s sexual as long as it’s good and not weird but like, I prefer just like the cute friends yuri.



I have heard good things, but I haven’t gotten to check myself.

Have you seen fruits basket?
I heard that got sexual, but it wasn’t overly so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anime dicussion & shit posting [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #28913124 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
SARAtonin said:
Does anyone have good yuri recommendations?

Preferably without weird sudo-incest vibes like Citrus.
I couldn’t do it.

Also, like not super sexual. I don’t care if it’s sexual as long as it’s good and not weird but like, I prefer just like the cute friends yuri.



I have heard good things, but I haven’t gotten to check myself.

Have you seen fruits basket?
I heard that got sexual, but it wasn’t overly so.



Yuri on Ice


--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anime dicussion & shit posting [Re: SARAtonin]
    #28913147 -

SARAtonin said:
I read up to the eclipse.

Idk, never engaged me tbh.



It gets a lot better after the eclipse, it's a hard read up until this point

It's definitely worth a read


--------------------
Lead by example, words mean little when your actions don't reflect what you say.

Spread kindness, love, empathy, compassion.

Learn from mistakes. Try and do better. Each day is a new day, try to make it a better one.

Coconut and Avocado is awesome for the skin.

MIND OVER MATTER

:mushroom2::lsd:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29180626 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29243352 -


Quote:
Krillin doesn’t need a nose because he breaths through his skin



~Toriyama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29243356 -

Dragon Ball leads to Dragon Ball Z.
Dragon Ball Z leads Dragon Ball GT.
This was dubbed blasphemy, and it decreed uncanonical.
Which led GT to super.

I saw it all.
I think I will review all of the original content separate of the super content.

I feel like the Dragon Ball Z series is where I will start because that is the first show that I watched.

This show managed to be the cliffhanger. I was waiting on every week. On the precipice of something happening or something incredible just happened and I don't get a follow up on it yet.

I think I would call this power creep when it's in this format. Because as a show becomes more and more powerful and popular. The intros become longer as they take more time to explain all of the crazy shit that's led you here. Less action happens because they're trying to draw it out as it's being made.

This leads to very protracted fights that feel like they could've been done cleanly in one good episode.
Instead, one fight can be stretched out to 6 or even 10 episodes.

I loved it when I was the age that it was for. But as I've gotten older, I've noticed these flaws and they've gotten more and more apparent as the show goes further on.

Even still, I would recommend Dragon Ball Z to anybody who likes fights in anime.
They really do a good job of making a good action sequence and the way they use their powers. This is so individual. It's whatever they want it to be. It makes it fun to try and experience these new attacks they've been working on with them.

Hearing them talk about why this is such a special technique they've been working on and how much better it is than everything else. Seeing everyones stunned look on their face. It's just a fun universe filled with wish magic gone awry.

We could even take a moment just to appreciate how much damage the universe has already taken due to wish magic. There are animal people that just walk around they live and have an entire city they work alongside of people nobody finds any of that odd at all. They got dinosaurs and some of them talk. You can get directions from a dolphin. Good directions too.

It manages to just leave all of that on the cutting room floor for you to absorb overtime. Their universe is different than ours. They have magical balls that you can wish on after you've summoned a dragon from them.

Set aside your incredulity and have a good time watching people shoot literal life energy out of their hands at each other.


I will say that some of the supporting characters aren't as good as they should be consider considering Goku is a little bit blunt as a character goes. Some of them feel like they're literally just victims to show off the villains skills.

Goku loves his family, fighting and eating. That's it.

But we do still get some really good moments with some of these characters despite the shows primary focus being to watch people beat the shit out of each other.

Getting to watch some of these characters grow into adults that have kids of their own. Seems oddly surreal for a cartoon. In a really heartwarming and touching way. It's nice getting to see these people grow up.

With the exception of Gohan and Roshi. Gohan manages to become more and more disappointing as the show progresses past the cell arc. Becoming a hilarious meme.

I will completely write off the character master Roshi. They have three times that they actually contribute to the story. Every other scene they've ever participated has either just been fan service or sadly making a comment about a fight they're watching on TV or in the ring. An unpleasant hold over from the early 80s. Toriyama thought that it was funny how unacceptable their behavior was. I think they should've just left the unacceptable behavior out of the kids show completely.

Luckily, after Dragon Ball. Roshi rarely shows up.
What we do get to see is the meteoric rise of Goku or Kakarot if you want.

8.5 out of 10. I would recommend the show to somebody but obviously there are things that could have been improved or outright removed and made the entire experience better. I still had a great time. It was an important part of my childhood and I'll always love it.

Edited by GenesisCorrupted (06/08/25 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29243370 -

Before I review GT.
I need to warn all of you that I'm about to show you the most offensive image in the entire show. Something that completely triggered the community beyond the creators wildest dreams.


I will admit that I hated it the second I saw it.
:laugh2:
It's because while it was something done in passing. It actually went against something that was established long ago, and had been held as a rule.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29243381 -

GT wasn't written by the original creator.
This is why it was dubbed uncanonical. Some mistakes happened. Plus there were things they wanted to do in the new series that would go counter to what they had already done in this so it was just easier to decide it was an alternate universe. With Dragon balls being on the scene.
The fans basically said
:mentos:

The reason why the mustache caused such a stir is because of this. Which explains a lot about the characters hairstyles.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29243414 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 2
    #29243495 -

If you guys ever want that real hit of nostalgia then Toonami Aftermath is still going strong :rockman:


--------------------
High as hell and low as heaven will go.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29244462 -

GenesisCorrupted said:
Before I review GT.
I need to warn all of you that I'm about to show you the most offensive image in the entire show. Something that completely triggered the community beyond the creators wildest dreams.


I will admit that I hated it the second I saw it.
:laugh2:
It's because while it was something done in passing. It actually went against something that was established long ago, and had been held as a rule.




Don't even need to click the spoiler tag.  Definitely the 'stache.


--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: Ice Nine]
    #29244494 -

:canthelpbutlaugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29244511 -

Black people love anime.


--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted] * 1
    #29244639 -

I deeply love the Dragon Ball series. It is my favorite show.

I love OG Dragon Ball for it's humor and the fantastical nature of its story telling.

Dragonball Z I think has the best art. Probably the best looking art of any anime. The sharp, angular line work, and beautiful sceneries really stand out. The action set the standard for how action is depicted in modern animation.

I find the story can be quite deep honestly, with themes of destiny vs self determination, rage vs control, Power vs humility.

Akira Toriyama has a way of depicting aliens, space ships and vehicles that was so dense and gorgeous and fascinating, and a real knack for creating interesting characters.

I also love the movies.

My favorites are movie 7, "Super android 13", movie 9 (Bojack unbound), and movie 12 (Fusion reborn)

Dragon Ball GT is unfortunate, it starts off okay and then becomes awful.

Dragon Ball super is a masterpiece, and a worthy end to the series. The Dragon Ball Super movies are also really really good.


--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

Libertine Gramscian social-reconstructionist

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down]
    #29244920 -

I love the original Fist Of The North Star anime. Does every one of the 109 episodes follow the exact same forumla? Sure. But it fucking works.
It's basically Bruce Lee as Mad Max with deadly pressure point martial arts.
I'm a sucker for old school anime so I consider it a feast for the eyes.





--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: KevinDontWave] * 1
    #29244921 -

That guy who had all those straps all over his head for years and years, because if he took them off, his head would explode.
Just some good fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29244928 -

Jagi! He wore a helmet to hide his face and then gave himself the 7 identical scars on his chest that Shin gave Kenshiro so that he could pretend to be the real Kenshiro and commit heinous crimes in his name.



--------------------
:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

:mushroom:Come a little bit closer
And get untied
In a hearse rollin' over
Just a track in the line
Fuck it:mushroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomnami, Anime dicussion, memes, Reviews, & News [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29250198 -

Punch Punch forever is a homage.
Pilot

Episode two

Episode three

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Clannad [Re: GenesisCorrupted]
    #29429026 -


Slice of life anime.
I am not usually the type of person to watch this kind of anime. It was recommended to me.

I have to say that it delivered.
I am brought through the entire life cycle of a young man growing from adolescence into adulthood. With all of the highs and devastating lows.

Let me iterate to you with perfect clarity. This show will make you weep.
You're gonna love it. But you're gonna definitely cry.

The characters were exquisitely real.
It was so beautifully sad.
I loved it.

I believe this was the first anime based off of a date Sim game. I don't know who the hell was in charge of that adaptation. But they took very creative liberties that paid off.

Edited by GenesisCorrupted (12/15/25 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints ShroomyMcPot 1,993 8 08/13/09 11:16 PM
by joe666
* Anime fans
( 1 2 all )
djsoy 4,696 24 03/27/04 06:25 PM
by filthysock
* A Review of "The Psychedelic Experience" CD by Leary World Spirit 2,807 11 10/06/03 04:30 PM
by kindkesey
* Anime! Lazerouth 1,677 10 11/29/03 02:47 AM
by BrainFarmer
* mine and 3DSHROOMS's new kittens
( 1 2 all )
Sammi 3,739 39 08/24/03 09:22 PM
by Little Shroom
* Crazy insane animated movie Dankman 1,256 6 11/14/03 04:01 AM
by FrozenHappiness
* Calling someone an animal... enotake2 1,153 6 03/15/03 06:26 AM
by RadioActiveSlug
* New Timothy Leary cd coming out LearyfanS 3,068 18 05/21/03 12:48 PM
by SuperSpun

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,713 topic views. 2 members, 196 guests and 93 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 18 queries.