Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
which humidifier is better?
    #2907527 - 07/20/04 02:49 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

which is a more efficiant...humidifier for a terrarium.?
should i get the kaz....... or the vicks cool mist.....? should i also have a ultrasonic  humidifier ..as well?  any preferences?? and why??  im gonna go to kmart today...i also read that ..i should get a humidifier  one that doesnt use a wick....why is that? :crazy2:

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: which humidifier is better? [Re: botanisthype]
    #2907710 - 07/20/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hoping someone answers this for me too.

Which brand is easiest to modify for use in a closet style terrarium?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Invisiblealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
    #2907727 - 07/20/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Kaz makes the vicks cool mist so the units are most likly very similar the bigest issue with a cool mist is that it will drown casings if left on to long

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: which humidifier is better? [Re: alpiner]
    #2907894 - 07/20/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I've never had that problem.. you are probably thinking of an ultrasonic humidifier.

Basically you can run a wick style cool mist 24/7 and that will take care of all your humidity and air exchange needs for a small to medium terrarium.. vicks or kaz they both work the same, I've used both succesfully.

For a big shelf unit or something, you may want to supplement the cool mist with an ultrasonic to keep the humidity up - on for about 15 minutes every two or three hours. The ultrasonic is what will drown your casings if left on for too long.

They are easy to modify. I just cover the original output and drill a new hole close to the original... smaller than the diameter of the tube you are using. Cram that tube in there so its nice and tight.. and seal it up with some waterproof epoxy of some kind. You could make it fancier if you wanted to.. go to home depot or something and get the correct attachments that all work together.. but I've never had a problem with just putting the tube in and sealing it.. just make sure the hole is smaller than the tube, so even if you don't have waterproof glue it should still work.. the glue is just an extra protective measure.

--------------------

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Re: which humidifier is better? [Re: Shroomism]
    #2908230 - 07/20/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

but i read in the shroomery fatcs in one fact ..that sez having a humidifier with a wick is NO GOOD....../..it said i should get one with a round spinning comb that splashes water on the sides.........cuz ...check It i have a sun BEAM BRANd >.humidifier.....that has a reuseable wick>>.no need for a filter replacement..but the shroomgods humidifeir tek sez >>i can use those..can some one tell me the diff...and which one is appropriate for casing terrarium for a martha stewart closet.?

--------------------

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2908244 - 07/20/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes don't use the wick. You want the one with the impeller that spins.

Here is a set up for a Martha

This is a Martha Stewert closet and hose set up.

in the box

I use the ultrasonic and cool mist. Very firm believer in air exchange.

In the exectrical Dept of the hardware store I find these. and on the ultrasonic Now on the back of the closet I cut the holes for the hose fittings and put tape over them and cut holes threw the tape for the fittings. The reason for the tape is to give the clostet plastic a little extra strength when holding the hose weight. The outlet for the ultrasonic goes above the cool mist outlet that way the mist from the ultrasonic drops into the airstream of the cool mist and mixes better.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2908337 - 07/20/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ahh.. my bad.. I meant the impeller spinning humidifier.. dont know why I said wick.. what magash said.. he has a good setup there.

--------------------

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

#2908405 - 07/20/04 12:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thanx ..alot for the setup.....but it doesnt amswer the quest ....of which brand or type model is Better in preference!/..magash what kind of humidifier and Ultrasonic .brand and model do U use..that would help and also end the post >>...thanx...>>>>!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2908929 - 07/20/04 02:49 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Vicks or sunbeam. I haven't found one to be better then the other. The vicks does have a little prefilter on it. Right now I have a sunbeam ultrasonic and a vicks cool mist.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2908938 - 07/20/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

This is one of the best impeller spinning humidifiers out there. You'll find that most mushroom growers have used this model or are currently using this model. For the price it can't be beat and it's very easy to modify the output for hose fittings:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

#2909144 - 07/20/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thankyou ..thankyou!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract