Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Cilla_Sihbin] * 1
    #27692157 -

I dontthink the men on this forum are a good sample population. The psychonaut community has always been different.
As for me personally I rarely think anything that isnt pure abstraction, and enen less frequently about sex, especially since I dont have a partner

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Shrooms4menow] * 2
    #27693095 -

No disrespect...1 or 2 alpha gorillas, some snarky guys, and 85% wallflowers. Literally, a good sample population.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Cilla_Sihbin]
    #27956366 -

I objectify women.

Edited by Double (10/16/22 05:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Double]
    #27960584 -



Holybullshit said:
In my experience, for adult men, how often they think about sex itself is directly proportional to how much they objectify women.



:whathesaid:

Marriage is an arrangement of ownership, in which your property, or that of another man, can be treated roughly or with careful stewardship.

It does not imply that I ruin a resource, useful for primogeniture (but, usually for my enjoyment.)

It does not imply that I am a homewrecker, because I might offend the chivalry of a strongman (but, usually a simp.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: durian_2008]
    #27975294 -

Is "objectifying" someone only possible when we do not know the person?  I mean, if we actually know someone, is it possible to objectify them?  I know a gal who goes on & on & on about how she loves The Rock.  If she actually knew the guy, could she still objectify him?  Or would that be impossible?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #27975314 -

I don't waste utilitarian fixtures, machines, religious relics, or objets d'art. I am highly territorial but also strongly prefer for all of my things to be well treated.

What happens, when I am trying to negotiate with a type B or craven masochist:
They want to be left to their work, without delay, without being mollycoddled; they are mission minded. They know what they're there to do. 

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Is "objectifying" someone only possible when we do not know the person?



Yes, when the person is reduced to a label or one dimensional role.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: durian_2008]
    #27975326 -

I heard this idea about "beauty" once - it kinda relates to the topic.  That if you take someone you find to be extremely attractive, and only observe them in small bite size images, this removes the attractiveness.  I mean, when you only can see one little bit at a time (never the whole) the emotional hook is neutralized. For example, looking one at a time at an iris, an ear, a finger, a part of a lip, an elbow, a toe, an eyebrow, the tip of a nose, etc.

I find that interesting. The whole image of person triggers emotion, but the parts seen individually not so much.  I guess you can say the same about butterflies & flowers & the sunset, so maybe this is a dumb point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #27975338 -

I say nice things to my dog, every day. It's not hard for me to express myself.

Type B's don't necessarily take compliments very well, in spite of our dysfunctional notions of courtly love.

That troubadour laying his coat upon the mud puddle was someone from a lower, social caste, who had no hope of following through with the wealthier courtesan.

It's considered patronizing, then and now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: durian_2008]
    #27976237 -

Sir Walter Raleigh was lower than the Queen, but higher in social ranking than anyone who's ever posted on the Shroomery.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27976252 -

The concept of "objectification" is just our bullshit puritan roots showing through.

Sexuality is for the holy sacrament of marriage and one must not be aroused thinking sinful thoughts about a woman outside of marriage!  Only knowing her soul first is permitted in the eyes of Christ. Less one commit the sin of "objectification".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: khatvanga]
    #27978519 -

It is written that the bride of Christ is not her own; she was bought for a price.

Also, that the value of a virtuous woman is more than rubies.

Edited by durian_2008 (10/02/22 08:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: durian_2008]
    #27988419 -

I try to keep it at once a day. Any more than that and I have thought too much about sex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Cilla_Sihbin]
    #28172477 -

This is definitely not true. The stats say that on average, men think about sex about twice an hour and women about once an hour. But these are averages, there's still a lot of variation.

I'd say it's also probably very context-dependent as I'm someone who almost never thinks about sex but, during spring and summer, it gets unbearable for me to look at all of the half-naked women going around because it elicits sexual desire in me and it gets insufferable. So I won't think about it unless I'm home alone and then it's not sex that I think about, it's just my compulsory desire to watch porn that resurfaces.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Alberto_Balsam]
    #28173417 -

I'm going to be accused of victim blaming, but I blame the exhibitionist, oftentimes.

Wave a hunk of fresh meat in front of a tiger cage, and tell me the tiger is the one with character flaw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: durian_2008]
    #28173436 -

Quote:
durian_2008 said:Wave a hunk of fresh meat in front of a tiger cage, and tell me the tiger is the one with character flaw.



Why would anyone do that?  It's not useful or reasonable to metaphorically compare women with slabs of butchered meat, nor is it useful or reasonable to metaphorically compare men with undomesticated cats. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: stubb]
    #28173438 -

But, now, you're blaming the presumptive voyeur, whose healthy, natural appetite is being exploited by a sadistic act of temptation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: durian_2008]
    #28173440 -

Which side of that discussion is using the more primitive or higher brain function?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: Cilla_Sihbin]
    #28899204 -

yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: KENTUCKYBLT]
    #28899205 -

yep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Men/boys and thinking about sex [Re: KENTUCKYBLT]
    #28924255 -

People say it fades as you get older but I'm 40 and still think about sex approximately 30-50% of my day.

If I'm not fantasizing about me getting home to my wife, I'm fantasizing about some celebrity or another. I have a rich, vivid imagination. It sounds scummier than it really is, because in practice most of this just translates to certain intense feelings or urges, and you're not literally stopping in your tracks to picture plowing Scarlett Johansson. It's just pleasant daydreaming most of the time.


--------------------
Endlessly endorsing empathy empirically energizing existence™

~Always practice radical kindness~
R.I.P. Betty Boop, greatest mother to ever do it.

Edited by QuantumZ00 (08/26/24 04:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman
4,756 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 20 queries.