Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Reishi??? [Re: FreshCaps]
    #2873277 -

pm sent


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: canid]
    #2873568 -

concretefeet said:
don't fret about teh Trametes versicolor, they grow everywhere. you'l find more soon enough.



I have been looking for these all year. Every specimen I have found is dead. Although I found a few small ones yesterday. I am very interested in the health benefits that the Turkey tail and Reishi offer (especially since a much loved family member has been diagnosed with cancer). The interesting thing is I found the Turkey tail in his yard, I think that is some kind of sign...

So basically all of the Ganoderma species have the same medicinal properties?


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2873618 -

i don't know about all of teh ganodermas, but all of the varnished ganodermas close to G. lucidum.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: canid]
    #2873682 -

Well, you'll have to excuse me, but that is what I meant. All the ones that are similar to Reishi anyway. That is good news. The books I have are limited in their identification (and description) of the Ganoderma species that are similar to Reishi. I was concerned that Doc may have found G. curtisii but I could not find a good description except that it is a southern species with a bright ochre cap (I don't even know what color ochre is) and always has a stem. If I were to clone one or grow out spores that he may send me, I would prefer to be sure of the proper identification...

P.S. - I love your sig, that is so very true...


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2873917 -

Could these be oysters??

Sorry about the pics people.

They were growing on a dead log.







--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874000 -

doc34 said:
Could these be oysters??




yes.

reishi and oysters......you lucky bastard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874012 -

Great job Doc! You found them!

I just found more Trametes versicolor today, and some oysters too... Perhaps I will post some pictures here in a few minutes or so...


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874039 -

  Do You go mushroom hunting to a mushroom farm by any chance? :grin:


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874059 -

yeahman, those are definately Oyster mushrooms.!~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874133 -

Ok, here are my finds for the day:







I also found Laetiporus sulphureus but I have maxed out my upload, so no pictures. I have some work to do now. Time to mix and cook up some Agar...


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2874268 -

Ok, here is the Chicken mushroom:



These were a bit mature, but I thought they were worthy of a picture anyway. I found a small golfball sized specimen that was still young that I plan to clone. I saw these from about 50 yards from the road while I was on a bike ride. The orange color caught my eye and I threw down my bike and ran through the woods ignoring the "NO TRESPASSING" sign to check them out and snap a pic...

(A big thanks to charvo for again sharing his upload space so I can include a picture)...


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2874271 -

YES!!!!!Finally!


Thanks folks!

eric,
Yes,I'm lucky and no,I'm not a bastard-my daddy is just hard to find!

ivi,
No mushroom farms around that I know of.

GGreatOne234,
Thanks man!

ATWAR,
My next find is ->Trametes versicolor.

Nice finds yourself.

My Agar can't get here fast enough!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2874283 -




Beautifull!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874284 -

Good luck Doc, I hear they grow everywhere and are probably one of the most common polypores in the woods. They are medicinal, not really choice edibles...


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2874318 -

Quote:
I threw down my bike and ran through the woods ignoring the "NO TRESPASSING" sign to check them out and snap a pic.... 




You little criminal  :lol:---"Breakin the law,Breakin the law"

J/K

What are they edible?Hence the name 'Chicken Mushroom'?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874402 -

Quote:
I threw down my bike and ran through the woods ignoring the "NO TRESPASSING" sign to check them out and snap a pic....





Wurd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874418 -

Nice finds doc34.. I hope to find some reshi
this year.. I found what ID to be Lucindum Oregonease
Left over from last year... Once again nice finds...


--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: ATWAR]
    #2874443 -

The chicken mushroom grows on trees, logs, or stumps, deciduous or coniferous, across North America. Most common in autumn, it also appears in spring and summer.

The chicken mushroom tastes very much like chicken, especially with customary chicken seasonings. Properly prepared, it?s wonderful.

To adapt it to traditional chicken recipes, include a source of protein (i.e., grains or beans) to make the dish filling, plus some olive oil or vegetable oil, because unlike chicken, this mushroom contains no fat.

Unless the mushroom is so young and tender it almost drips with juice, it?s better to cook it in moist heat (i.e. in soups, stews, or in grains) than to cook it in oil.

http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Ginohn/lunch/chicken.html


:drooling:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874465 -

doc34 said:
What are they edible?Hence the name 'Chicken Mushroom'?



Yes. When young as I plan to cook up the small ones after I get tissue...

In retrospect I was not only trespassing, I was also stealing too. But the property has no house on it, is in the middle of nowhere and is a swampland. Not land that is typically closed here because of endangered species or protected wetlands (they have totally different signs). This is wasteland. In any case, the mushrooms that were there were huge and far overmature. I only found 2 good small specimens. These mushrooms are best immature...

I am deeply sorry for the illegal activity, and stealing mushrooms from whoever owned that property. It was all done in the name of science, I meant no harm...  :wink:


--------------------
To give is to live...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Reishi??? [Re: doc34]
    #2874466 -

That sounds very good. Nice finds. And, Wow, I wish I lived where you lived. :smile: :smile: :smile:


--------------------
THE BEST ASS:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* reishi motamanM 937 4 09/19/04 12:30 AM
by Charles
* identifying really light colored wild reshi found in south west ohio? alligator8863 406 4 06/29/15 12:01 PM
by Mrcloudy
* Todays Reshi-Shroom FLA (PIC) GGreatOne234 1,481 8 06/04/03 05:28 AM
by MagmaManiac
* Posisible Wild Reishi found on a hike RoadkillM 4,544 10 04/18/03 12:47 AM
by Joshua
* Wild reshi? unfoldedbrain 1,652 16 09/28/10 01:22 AM
by Niwita
* Various Mushroom Pics cYon 792 3 07/03/04 10:33 AM
by CptnGarden
* My mushroom hunting day *pics* Phishgrrl 2,366 15 06/07/04 09:07 PM
by JoeyBond
* More finds in the Rocky Mountains - pics (updated 8/25/04) mthree984 1,338 9 08/25/04 06:33 PM
by ToxicMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
7,400 topic views. 2 members, 28 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.