Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmachine
Re: quick start... ?
    #285355 - 04/04/01 06:03 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

cool. any ideas for raising the temperature of the aquarium/environment without drying it out too much? one person said to use a heating pad, but i don't know if that will increase the temperature enough.

my living space is usually between upper 40s to upper 60s F throughout the night and day. is there some sort of inexpensive (<$20-30) device i can put into the aquarium to regulate temperature?

thx,

sm

--------------------
--
"if you're into it, i'm out of it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineemetheus
enthusiast
Re: quick start... ? [Re: smachine]
    #285371 - 04/04/01 06:14 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

stick an aquarium heater in a quart jar of water and place inside your terrarium.

Visit http://mycotopia.yage.net

--------------------

Offlinetoadlicker

Re: quick start... ? [Re: emetheus]
    #285445 - 04/04/01 09:24 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

This will also take care of the misting part. Just make sure you fan.

Offlinesmachine
Re: quick start... ? [Re: emetheus]
    #285987 - 04/05/01 01:25 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

so before i go out and purchase everything... let me run this by you guys one last time. i'm going to get the following:

- small aquarium (probably 10gal or so)
- wide-mouth jars
- black baking or pan for casing (only need to do 4 jars or so)
- perlite
- other supplies needed for pf/mmgg tek (brown rice flour, distilled water, etc.)
- aquarium heater (any idea what type/size?)
- spore syringe with pc spores

other than that stuff... i should be good to go, right? i already have stuff that is needed to sterilize, etc.

with perlite, will i need to punch holes in the lid i get for the aquarium? i've heard it can over-humidify the environment sometimes. also, are you sure the aquarium heater will raise the temperature enough for the entire terrarium?

i was thinking of getting an aquarium style light to hang above the aquarium's transparent lid for lighting, will that be sufficient? i'll probably be storing the terrarium in a closet most of the time.

i'm sure i missed a few things... any suggestions on brands of any of those items? i'm going to go try and get everything i need tomorrow...

thanks.

--------------------
--
"if you're into it, i'm out of it"

Offlineemetheus
enthusiast
Re: quick start... ?
    #286988 - 04/06/01 07:07 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

"YOur jars will colonize best if kept in the dark "

not true.
light, dark, makes no difference in colonization speed.

--------------------

InvisibleG-nome
Re: quick start... ? [Re: smachine]
    #286999 - 04/06/01 07:28 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Wal-Mart has a good aqua heater for about ten bucks. I can't remember the brand cause I'm at work now. They have a red cap on top covering the dial for temp. control. It's cool because you can take the dial off and twist the post under the dail to get a wider range of control. Follow the directions to a T. It doesn't have any markings so take your time in finding the right temp. I burnt up my shrooms because I didn't follow the directions.

--------------------
"Getting an inch of snow is like winning ten cents in the lottery." - Calvin
The Free Spore Ring - the best damn thing since sliced bread?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures