Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Which one except cubensis?? [Re: nimbus]
    #2818375 - 06/22/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mexicana A is the easiest.

Fill qt jars with 1.5 cups ryegrass seed( annual is cheaper) and .75 cups water. Soak overnight, and shake vigourously. Pressure cook jars for 60-90 minutes at 15 psi. Filters are beneficial if you are in a hot climate, if not, they may take a little longer, and sweat a little more. Inoculate with spores(multispore) and shake when good growth is visible. Then you just wait 2-3 months and harvest alot of sclerotia.

If you want to fruit some jars, just case some like cubensis. USE the jars that have the least sclerotia forming after being colonized for two weeks, FOR FRUITING.

The mex A is alittle difficult to get Great flushes from, but it only takes a dry Gram to enjoy.

The sclerotia Yield is Exceptional with the A strain. If you clone a good sclerotia from your first harvest, and put it on agar. You can do future inoculations with it and your yields get BETTER.

Keep temps close to 80F for incubating spawn, and sclerotia formation. 75F is better.

A cold shock of your colonized casing can help with Fruiting. It has been reccomended that calcium carbonate in the Casing will help to(workman).

I found older spawn jars fruited better then younger jars, if they were free of contamination. Sometimes difficult to determine(bacterial contamination) due to the large quantities of Sweat, produced during sclerotia formation. Smell is tyhe best indicator. I had some jars that were contaminated, and I could barely tell, until sclerotia was cloned to agar> bacterial contaminant was present.

It doesn't get any easier then mex A. Sclerotia are comparable to cubensis, or slightly less potent. The buzz is different though. Kind of slow release, so it is very easy on the head( No Freak out). I was a little dissapointed with the mex at first, becasue my expectations were so high, based on a crazy article written in High Times back in the 80's. But a sample of the fruits changed my mind. They are VERY POTENT.

Sclerotia gets you the weight. Fruits give you the respect.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Which one except cubensis?? [Re: ]
    #2818650 - 06/22/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thats my next one to try also...And thanks again on all your help with my first and very sucessfull Copelandia grow :smile: :thumbup:

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2819182 - 06/22/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ewwwww! That's like eating substrate!

Freak.

:rastamon:

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Loc: third stone from the sun
    #2819946 - 06/23/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i heard mexicana B has better fruiting abilities??
or jalisco? (thanks for the TEK!)

--------------------
we are reasonable people...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2819996 - 06/23/04 03:36 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yes they do, they do indeed. But the bulk of Mexicana is in the stones and not the fruit... so Mex A is the best bulk/substrate AND you may get prints! Definately a cool strain. Very likely, you will get more trips per pint with Mex A than any other indoor fungus.

Tampanensis is similar to Mex A but it is slower and produces fewer, although slightly more potent, stones.

Jalisco is the inbetween strain, ez to fruit... good stone production.

B is also very easy to fruit, but it produces very few stones.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Which one except cubensis?? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2820098 - 06/23/04 06:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

You CAN grow it(cyans) on grain and SPAWN to woodchips, my um...gandmother told me :grin:

--------------------

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Re: Which one except cubensis?? [Re: Rose]
    #2820553 - 06/23/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
...But the bulk of Mexicana is in the stones and not the fruit... so Mex A is the best bulk/substrate AND you may get prints!

didnt quite understand that  :confused:
mex A is good for stones and
mex B is good for fruits, as far as I have read
and what the spore vendors say..
what do you mean with "the bulk of mexicana" and "mex A is the best
bulk/substrate" ?? and if I am supposed to grow stones how do I get
prints. I want to grow fruits anyway, so I go with mex B.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2820896 - 06/23/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A little bit of research would set you straight.

Mexicana A grows Sclerotia, also known as Philosopher's Stones, or Truffels. Look up ANY of these words to know what I mean (Sclerotia, Philosopher's Stones, Truffels).

When you inoculate a jar, it colonizes and grows SCLEROTIA. After 2-3 months of colonization in fact, your jar will produce underground sclerotia (little, magic, shroom potatoes). 20-60g DRY worth of sclerotia per pint. Dry sclerotia is just about as potent as cubensis.

But that's not all, after it has colonized, you can case the jar and sclerotia and get fruits. If you can fruit pan cyans you can fruit Mexicana A. Mexicana A fruits are almost as potent gram for gram as Pan Cyan fruits... although Mex A doesn't drop many spores until the 2nd or 3rd flush. Mexicana prints are golden. If you obtain some, you could trade for any spore you ever wanted. They are THAT sought after. So are Tampanensis and Jalisco because of their sclerotia producing abilities.

So... lets compare this to your recent Pan Cyan grow... where you are still struggeling to get prints. If you had grown Mexicana A INSTEAD of pan cyan. You would have all those pins AND 20-60g dry worth of sclerotia per pint of substrate. THAT is what I mean by bulk/substrate. You get a shitload of edible, magic fungus, for the amount of substrate you use.

Find me another magic fungus that is MORE fruitful and I will suggest you grow it... but nothing is in the same league as Mexicana A. Not even close.

Mex B and Pan Cyan will give you a trip or two worth of shrooms per pint of substrate. Mexicana A will give you SEVERAL trips per pint.

Let me set this straight, if you grow stones, you can still get shrooms from the same jar of substrate. Just case the stones and substrate... as you would Pan Cyans. Also, if your casing shows any signs of contamination, you can quickly harvest the stones and be happy with your lost casing.

Shrooms are not the only fungus that will make you trip.

There's a pic of sclerotia.

There's a pic of the same sclerotia sitting next to its spent substrate... and that was a relatively low yielding jar... and still, there's almost as much sclerotia as there is substrate!

You can always case the substrate and sclerotia and get shrooms after you get enough shrooms and prints, just dig the casing up, and harvest the stones too.

I know, it took me a few months to figure out why Mexicana A is so cool... but I swear it is MUCH more rewarding than Mexicana B. More rewarding than cubes. More rewarding than Pan Cyans.

Grow what you want, but make sure you know what you're passing up.

Shrooms are not the only thing you can grow, and shrooms are definately not the heaviest thing you can grow.

There's a plate with some larger stones.

Mexicana A can do anything Cubensis or Pan Cyans can... but it ALSO grows sclerotia.

Get it?

As for the differences between Mex A, Mex B, Jalisco and Tampanensis... I told you in a previous post, EXACTLY what I heard from a vendor who sells ALL four strains. Vendors can't keep much info on their sites anymore since one vendor got in trouble for selling spores AND teaching people how to grow them. Trust me, my info about those strains comes from the horses mouth.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#2821841 - 06/23/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the great info Cervantes. I think I will try it soon
:grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2822085 - 06/23/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

60 grams dry?  WOW, that seems really high. 

Yes you can fruit the jars that produce sclerotia as well.  I just prefer to use the ones that don't produce mad sclerotia early, for fruitng.

Your lust for the Mexicana A says alot about your intent. :tongue:

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

#2822203 - 06/23/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just ordered some spores from mushmush! talk about patience  :crazy2:
Want to use grass seed in filter patch bags.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2822380 - 06/23/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ok... I pulled 60 grams out of my ass (Nimbus was gonna' grow Mexicana B!), but it was based on whatever killer substrain you mentioned in a few months back T. Whatever bulk THAT substrain spits out is the highest bulk/substrate I've ever heard of. Congrats!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2822498 - 06/23/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OK, in this thread, http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...ev=#Post2754249

Quote:

Teonan said:
I never use more then 1.5 cups of seed per jar, for shakability reasons. I like to be able to shake the jars after growth is visible to speed up colonization. This is VERY HARD TO DO WITH A FULL JAR.

This system with a good clone, can yield up to a 100+ grams per jar wet sclerotia. That is on 1-1.5 cups seed per jar.

Multispored jars are alot less consistent then that on yields. With multispore I average maybe 1/4 that yield, but that is just my experience with the Mexicana A.

Imagine if you used more substrate per jar... like say 2-3 cups. It'd take forever to colonize... but you'd get some good yields.

My friend had a couple 40-45g dry multispore pint jars but they were filled to the top... and later cased.

And yeah, Teonan, I do love the Mexicana (Lust... well... uh... you said that). I really think it is silly that they aren't better known in the cultivation community.

But they are a hard fungus to wrap your head around at first glance.

If it weren't moderately difficult to get Mexicana A prints, they'd be too good to be true. And since prints are not that big, dark or plentiful, they cost a bit more which effects popularity. I also think some people are afraid of eating a fungus that doesn't look like a shroom. Perhaps Mexicana A will always be the sideshow freak of the fungus world. Perhaps that is why I like it.

My friend, Don Quixote is probably gonna' work with Tampanensis next.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineWarriorLite
The White Juggler
Male
    #10747870 - 07/27/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

But that's not all, after it has colonized, you can case the jar and sclerotia and get fruits.

if you grow stones, you can still get shrooms from the same jar of substrate. Just case the stones and substrate...
You can always case the substrate and sclerotia and get shrooms after you get enough shrooms and prints, just dig the casing up, and harvest the stones too.

Shrooms are not the only fungus that will make you trip.

Shrooms are not the only thing you can grow, and shrooms are definately not the heaviest thing you can grow.

If i understand correctly:
1. a bought grow jar truffels can later produce fruit, i.e. shrooms?

2. to achieve that you need to dig the casing up - what does it mean dig the casing up

casing is the jar?
what's to dig up ?

3. what's the easiest to grow?

OfflineWarriorLite
The White Juggler
Male
Re: Which one except cubensis?? [Re: Anonymous]
    #10747876 - 07/27/09 07:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
60 grams dry?  WOW, that seems really high. 

Your lust for the Mexicana A says alot about your intent. :tongue:

says what?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate