Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Psytrance & entheogens
    #2805899 - 06/18/04 04:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi guys. Although I've lurked here for almost a year researching the entheogenic mushroom experience, this is my first post. You guys rock, and I enjoy reading what you have to say.

As a newbie to the entheogenic experience (one low dose non-event as far as 'tripping' goes), I have had questions about psytrance and entheogens for several years that no one has been able to answer.

I'm planning on tripping soon, so maybe I'll find out, but what is the relation between psytrance and psychedelics? There are some psytrance fans on some global internet forums who say that drugs ruin the scene and that there is no connection between the two. I've never disagreed with them, but I think that's kind of bullshit considering some of the big names like Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Infected Mushroom, etc.

For you psychonauts then, I have this question. Is there some connection between the psychedelic experience and the 'insanity' of psytrance? Did psytrance arise as a allegorical effort to describe the psychedelic experience, or did the term psychedelic trance come into use completely independent of any psychedelic experience?

My partner recently tripped for the first time, and it made me so jealous watching him. He is 38 years old, and during the experience I asked him what it was like. He looked at me with shining eyes and told me that "my mind has been set free from a cage and I'm immersed in a world of life," before he went back to staring out the window and watching ballet dancers whirl over the surface of the ocean in the pale moonlight.

I can't wait to give it a try!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: Tranceport]
    #2806084 - 06/18/04 04:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think they are referring to hard drugs, not "Mushrooms" or "LSD"

It is true that research chemicals, coke, meth, and e do give the scene a bad name.

If people were just consuming mushrooms or lsd, there would be very lttle problems, but the truth is that people are using meth and whatnot, getting heat stroke, and fucking the whole party up.

Personaly psytrance, or any electric sampled music, is not my thing. But if you like it, go for it. Mushrooms, are the key for our survival in the future, just waite, and watch, listen to what you are told while bemushroomed, none of it is false, its all true.

peace and love.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: psikooz]
    #2806147 - 06/18/04 04:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ya mushrooms are probley the best to start with.. nice and friendly they are.

OfflineTranceport
Traveler
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: Legoulash]
    #2806363 - 06/18/04 05:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Research chemicals, LSD and meth are definitely not in my game plan; LSD for the simple reason that at this point I think that length of time commitment to unexplored territory would be folly.

I am a semi-experienced user of MDMA. From the get go I was committed to harm reduction and comfortable set & setting. As such, I've always practised moderation and never seen the ugly side of "hard drugs" as the events I've attended were small events with like minded individuals. Perhaps that is why I do not have strong feelings about the matter.

As much fun and therapeutic as I have found MDMA to be, I tend to be analytical and introspective and am looking for a much more cerebral type of experience. Although I am not wanting an unpleasant experience, I am interested in something more natural that sort of takes you where it wants to take you and you surrender for the ride.

During my low dose experience with mushrooms, their friendly nature showed its face to me. After I dosed, I told them that I was here for what they would show me. Although I never got very far off the ground, there was a sedating, comforting euphoria that felt like a warm blanket wrapping gently around me. Photographs on the walls and stuffed animals I had littered around the living room became guardians of light watching over me and everything felt right with the world.

The only thing that bothered me that night were cats. My stuffed Garfield looking at me through slit eyes became somewhat frightening and alien. I had to pick him up and hold him at arm's length while I carried him to the back bedroom out of sight. My real feline Choupette sat on the couch with her back to me, and for some reason I felt feelings of anger and irritation until she left the room.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #2806978 - 06/18/04 09:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

For some reason, mushrooms never felt particularly "friendly" to me.  At times fun, yes ... but at other times, it felt like I was being grabbed by the scruff of the neck and being thrust face-first into the waterfall of existance....  Now, ayahuasca, that was friendly.  :wink:

As to psytrance ... yes, there is most certainly a connection between hallucinogens and psytrance, and any person making psytrance who denies it either a: is lying or deluded, or b: sucks.  :wink:

Seriously.  Psytrance is all about inducing an altered state of perception -- drugs don't need to be involved.  I'm sure that I don't need to go into the techniques used, but ultimately they all deliberately guide you into a different head-space.  It's the ecstatic experience, baby.

When you combine psy-trance with drugs, it can become unreal.  Shpongle, one of my favorite groups to listen to when altered, guides you through what can only be termed a journey with each of their albums.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2807087 - 06/18/04 10:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Start with small doses of mushrooms and work upwards keeping nice distances between the trips (id recommend atleast 2 weeks).

I seem to be able to control myself better on lsd then mushrooms, but the fact that mushrooms do not last as long would make them better to start with.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: baraka]
    #2808457 - 06/19/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

shit...if anything mushrooms are the one witht he darkside compared to LSD for me. Its different for other people but when i do lots of muchrooms i feel a dark energy thats not evil....just kinda creepy sometimes . LSD is just complete bliss while understanding anything on 10 different level at once while telepathically communicating with everyone.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: Vulture]
    #2808526 - 06/19/04 12:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by Spooge (11/18/12 02:02 PM)

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2814159 - 06/21/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with you guys...mushrooms have a certain warth of a life form, but they are deadly serious. So so so serious...so vast. You don't vanish into white light, you begin to fly on your eternal wings through the dark universe.

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: Spooge]
    #2815068 - 06/21/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure if I would say mushrooms are any more or less friendly than any other substance, but I would say that I have a much easier time on a moderate to high LSD dose than a similar dose of mushrooms. To me, shrooms are best by the gram, for light hearted entertainment with friends. When I take a high dose of shrooms, their chaotic nature scrambles up my thoughts so much that I don't gather much psychedelic knowledge.

On the other hand, acid seems much cleaner at higher dosages. No drug has ever produced that knifes blade precision of thought or intense clarity in concentration like a multi-dose LSD peak. Mushrooms can bring you to many amazing places, some of which are very similar to the LSD experience, but for me they are not a serious psychedelic. I care for them, grow them, perpetuate their unique species and spread their message to those willing. But if I want a truly profound experience, I will turn to LSD.

That said, my first psychedelic experience (and first drug experience) was roughly 400 mics of LSD. I listened to Machines of Loving Grace - Concentration the whole time (not psytrance, more like psychedelic industrial). i think what makes any branch of music psychedelic (or acid, in the case of acid rock) is the relationship between the artist and their fans. If an artist intends for his work to be taken as a metaphor for the psychedelic experience, and his audience is receptive to that, then it becomes psychedelic. Clearly, the artist and audience should both be experienced to appreciate the soundscape.

OfflineLoki4545
Stranger
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: pazuzu]
    #2815438 - 06/21/04 11:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

MMM... Yes, trance is definately named trance for a reason lol, last time I did shrooms I listened to Infected Mushroom. It made me trip more. It put me into a dream world almost. I recomend listening to some good trance while tripping. As for LSD, I have never tried, don't want to touch it... it's too fucked, because of the long term effects and such it does to your body...

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: Loki4545]
    #2816094 - 06/22/04 04:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

s for LSD, I have never tried, don't want to touch it... it's too fucked, because of the long term effects and such it does to your body... 

Better stop doing mushrooms also because they are just as "dangerous". Oh how could I forget...mushrooms don't collect in your spine like lsd does right?  :rolleyes:

Please don't help spread misinformation...especially when you haven't even tried it.  If I came off a little rude sorry, but misinformation gets to me.

Offlinekitsune
Psilocybinaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a van down by the rive... Flag
Re: Psytrance & entheogens [Re: Spooge]
    #2816150 - 06/22/04 05:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Be careful with acid. You might think you can fly and jump out a window, or stare at the sun till you go blind, or think your hand is an orange and peel it.  :lol:

OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
    #2817055 - 06/22/04 02:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

PSYtrance is heavily influenced by PSYCADELIC drugs :laugh:
im sure it would be awsome

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience