Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #27925619 -

My room is an absolute mess (5 year old in the house :toomuchacid:), but here’s some near shots of the towers.



I’ll try to remember to snag a shot of the theatre we have setup at my pop’s house… that one is truly impressive, 12 foot line sources, 2x ported 18” woofers and a 200” HD projector.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #27925621 -

Masked said:
"Incredibly Deep Bass" 🤣  classic klipsch marketing






The incredibly deep bass model is too much bass for me personally. I prefer the "moderately semi-deep but not too deep bass" model

:mitebecool:



CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
That's why I chose to focus on surround lighting as it makes it the most immursive.



Da fuq is surround lighting?

:sammy:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: geokills]
    #27925626 -


:raisemyglass:


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: geokills] * 1
    #27925638 -

I showed earlier but i am rocking:





(3) PSA MTM-210
(2) PSA MT-110SR
(2) Axiom quadpolar surround QS10
(2) PSA TV2112

Dual 21" monsters for the win :awesomenod:

Using a Denon x3700 for a receiver

Rotel RMB-1095 for the power(but my psa speakers are soooo sensitive, there is no need)

And an 86" samsung TU9000

I put the least amount of my budget into the tv.  Its not super high end.  But its a 4k @ 120hz capable

And my PS5 is the hub of it all


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #27925646 -

Masked said:
I showed earlier but i am rocking:





(3) PSA MTM-210
(2) PSA MT-110SR
(2) Axiom quadpolar surround QS10
(2) PSA TV2112

Dual 21" monsters for the win :awesomenod:

Using a Denon x3700 for a receiver

Rotel RMB-1095 for the power(but my psa speakers are soooo sensitive, there is no need)

And an 86" samsung TU9000

I put the least amount of my budget into the tv.  Its not super high end.  But its a 4k @ 120hz capable

And my PS5 is the hub of it all



:ohwow:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #27925651 -

Nice.  I look forward to dedicating a room for a proper theatre again, but with the kiddo and a moderately sized home, it’s just not in the cards at the moment.  I used to rock a 100” projector when I had a dedicated room, but the current room has unacceptable light leak during the day that washed out the picture, so I picked up an LG 4K OLED when they first came down in price a few years ago (damn thing was still $2500!), the B6 or B7 I believe, which is “only” 65 inches, but the picture quality is astounding.  We had a friend over who does graphic work for Dreamworks animation and she said she’d never noticed many of the textural details in the “Wall-E” robot’s surfaces before.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: geokills] * 1
    #27925654 -

Those LG oleds are amazing!

Yeah i never have delved into the world of projection....yet.  I've always had large audio systems and small tvs lol.  This is my first big tv.

Shame you can't use the projection but those tvs are amazing like you say

The cx9 and cx10 i believe, especially, deserve very, very high praise.

Mine isn't OLED unfortunately.  Didn't have the budget for that

My next step will be installing 4 on ceiling(not in ceiling) speakers and delving into high end atmos.


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #27925666 -

I got an LG OLED. Sometimes I watch the 4k demo videos on YouTube on it, and they are mindblowing.

:mindblown:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #27925669 -

Very cool :raisemyglass:

They sure are gorgeous.  Hope to get one, one day perhaps.


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #27925858 -

If you have fun wasting a ton of money to have a bunch of bulky crap
Niffla said:
Masked said:
"Incredibly Deep Bass" 🤣  classic klipsch marketing






The incredibly deep bass model is too much bass for me personally. I prefer the "moderately semi-deep but not too deep bass" model

:mitebecool:



CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
That's why I chose to focus on surround lighting as it makes it the most immursive.



Da fuq is surround lighting?

:sammy:




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked]
    #27925939 -

Looks like I need a y splitter cable for sub the hook up. I'm guessing I'll have automatic calibration on the sub if I only hook up 2.1 channels for now with no center channel speaker? That's what it looks like in my current search. The receiver does have that audysee room sound calibrator thing and I used it to hook up the 2 front speakers only. So I'll need to run it again and reset that with the sub I'm guessing. Maybe the speakers will sound really good on stands and I might not need the sub,lol. I get the stands tomorrow.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27925960 -

You shouldnt need a y splitter.  A single rca from one line out (usually labeled lfe).  If it doesnt have this, then yes may need y splitter

You can calibrate as many channels as you like with subwoofer

Yes you will have to run it again

Follow my work flow...run it...check settings and see where it sets your sub trim.  If its -6, for example, increase gain on sub slightly and re run calibration.  Target a -11 trim.  -12 is too much


Once there, follow rest of my work flow

You can youtube videos for audyssey for beginners and it will help u


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #27926544 -

Masked said:
He has switched his entire line over to the notable B&C drivers out of Italy.  Are you familiar with them?



I've used B&C speakers in my last couple car stereos. Last one would do 124db without the subs connected.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked]
    #27927208 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27927219 -

I can't see for certain but pretty sure the left(white) says lfe next to it.  That means it is designated for the single rca.

And the manual confirms this

You will and should only use a single rca from the lfe/left to the subwoofer pre out of receiver.

You didn't need to buy that cable


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked]
    #27927256 -

Well fuck! It does state that. That's how much I know, lol.
OK so get the single one that brand? Any suggestions on a good brand?

Thanks for the help by the way!:heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27927268 -

I remember wonder boy, he was a saint.

It's funny though, I don't remember anyone saying that when he was around.


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27927279 -

:confused:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27927280 -

tyrannicalrex said:
:confused:



It was an off color remark ;  if you want I can tax myself.  I'll crack myself real good too, I'll ask for 500k


--------------------


theRealrollforever said:
That’s not possible; even with computers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any home theater snobs? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #27927325 -

OK, got the single one, same brand

Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (25 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black

You have a fantastic set up by the way, but I couldn't have near that in a condo.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What's a good stereo amplifier for a couple of good bookshelf speakers and sub? starfire_xes 926 5 12/28/12 04:32 AM
by badchad
* Blew my speakers..
( 1 2 all )
Xizqu 3,008 31 01/10/13 03:51 PM
by pwnasaurus
* True Audiophile Speakers
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Hrethic 7,008 63 08/06/09 12:45 AM
by unretarded
* thinking about buying some powered speakers from bheringer ZippoZM 411 11 09/06/12 10:15 PM
by ZippoZ
* Looking for some good 2.1 Computer speakers Razzlesnaps 467 6 05/25/10 02:04 PM
by noticeofeviction
* What kind of PC speakers do you have?
( 1 2 all )
Liquid_Dimension 3,306 21 03/21/08 07:43 PM
by Entropymancer
* My shit finally thumps!! (updated w/ pics)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
NewbieS 6,935 68 04/27/07 05:39 AM
by Yrtlzmo
* Looking for 7.1 Channel speaker systems, not as easy to find as you may think. Cannabischarlie 513 7 08/26/10 11:43 AM
by Cannabischarlie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,338 topic views. 3 members, 16 guests and 167 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.