Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return...
    #2789855 -

What would you take?


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2789867 -

my guitar and my ipod.


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: trendal]
    #2789877 -

computer, midi controller, turntables and 4 crates of records. i think thats about it.. maybe my dreamcast and gamecube also.. oh yeah my Beretta also.. can't leave that lying around


--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... *DELETED* [Re: trendal]
    #2789878 -

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #2789882 -

I think I'd end up the same way :lol:

I'd either take one look at all my material possessions and just run...or I'd try to grab so much that I couldn't carry it and still just have to run without anything :smirk:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2789916 -

My dogs.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: trendal]
    #2789974 -

my wallet..

take my comp, my guitar, a pillow, a couple of books, some clothes, all my cd's, my 9mm (ruger :wink:) shove them in my car and bounce.


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: trendal]
    #2790021 -

Guitar and some sort of discman + cds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: Spooge]
    #2790102 -

my computer, and my mp3 player (i got like all my music collection on my comp)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: Spooge]
    #2790104 -

My Jens of Sweden MP3 player, a pen, a book to write and draw in...
and the charger for my mp3 player.


--------------------
"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: tomu]
    #2790142 -

My guitar with life lasting strings, my pen with endless amount of ink, my pad with infinite pages... those are the most important.  Cd's, Discman... books and a bag of shrooms, i mean if its a stranded island I'm going on, fuckin' a, I'd trip!  And I'd probably bring some girl so she would be forced to fall in love with me over time on this stranded island and we'd make a population :tongue:


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2790150 -

my computer, my guitar, my journals and pens, books, cds, clothes, money, knives, and a shotgun.. and I think I could load that all up into my car in about 5 minutes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: trendal]
    #2790196 -

Nothing at all


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: trendal]
    #2790199 -

Now for the second part of my inquiry: for all those who listed more than three things...how sure are you that you could find all these items and then get them onto your transportation (whatever it may be) and be gone within 5 minutes?

I invite you to make a practice run! Without looking around first to find out where everything is...start a timer and see if you can get the items you listed packed into your car within 5 minutes.

I tried it with the first list that came to mind...it took me almost 10 minutes. :crazy:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return... [Re: trendal]
    #2790234 -

A pen, paper, cd, discman, guitar... i could get those in one minute... the girl and the shrooms, I'd have to make some calls :smirk:


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2790240 -

This all depends on the circumstances. I would take different thing in different situations.

Scenario #1- The house is going to be destroyed and I have to start all over. In this case I would grab keepsakes (a box I have of photos, another box I have of mementos) and my personal papers (birth certificates, important documents, etc). I do know where these things are at the drop of a hat.

Scenario #2- I had been found by the law/an enemy who was coming to arrest/kill me. I might still grab similar items as before but I'd also grab my computers (just the boxes). It might make it easier to disappear again if no one had the aid of what is on my hard drives. Info on my computer would probably leave clues as to where I might go next. I'd also probably try to torch the place as I was headed out the door.

Scenario #3- Collapse of society caused me to run. For example; a natural disaster, war, or other catastophic event required me to leave for my own safety as society crumbled. In this instance I would grab my rifle, ammunition and my backpacking gear so I could head for the hills and be able to survive/protect myself.

Are there any other scenarios you can think of that would change things?


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #2790273 -

Nope, those are the exact three scenarios I was thinking of in the original post!

1) Natural or man-made disaster
2) "Society" comes to take you away (police, ect)
3) Society itself collapses

Those are the only three distinct reasons I can come up with that would cause me to vacate my home in a hurry.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2790302 -

minidisc player/md's...sketch books and pens...some clothes and my skateboard
i'd throw it in my backpack and be glad as hell to have a reason to leave evverything behind.. I'd skate to the railway station and jump on some train and be happy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2790308 -

trendal said:
Nope, those are the exact three scenarios I was thinking of in the original post!

1) Natural or man-made disaster
2) "Society" comes to take you away (police, ect)
3) Society itself collapses

Those are the only three distinct reasons I can come up with that would cause me to vacate my home in a hurry.



4) friendly aliens come to take you away but you are allowed 5 minutes to bring important things.

In this case I would bring my camera and drugs :grin:


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If you had to leave home in 5 minutes and never return.. [Re: trendal]
    #2790311 -

Computer, Guitar, Drugs.


Everything else I need is all on the computer anyways. I'd just need to find internet access somehow. Maybe I'd camp out in a library, and sneak my own computer in.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Fifteen Minutes Anonymous 2,115 18 08/05/04 06:44 AM
by Loki
* Calling your backpackers and hikers!
( 1 2 all )
agr8fulchick 2,388 27 02/02/05 03:33 PM
by Skunk420
* Only HEndrix and Page can play guitar
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Big Fi52 11,118 93 02/17/06 01:09 PM
by gdman
* What guitar do you have/want?
( 1 2 all )
stefan 3,641 20 11/13/03 02:01 PM
by Kremlin
* My New Guitar!
( 1 2 all )
Osker246 3,356 22 06/25/04 02:13 PM
by toad857
* Buying a Guitar
( 1 2 all )
Comfortably_Numb 5,178 33 12/07/04 05:24 PM
by Jim
* i dont care what my folk guitar teacher says!
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 1,583 20 09/15/04 07:44 PM
by silversoul7
* My Crappy Guitar sui 811 11 12/02/04 12:41 AM
by browndustin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,359 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.