Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis
    #24420819 -

Hello, I was curious if anyone knows if there's any taxonomy link between P. Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis? I ask because sometimes they can be found around the same area as cinctulus. They even kinda look similar. Thanks!


--------------------
Nature Reclaims All.
See, I'm flarkin' helpful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: Wedgie]
    #24420897 -

Search for panaeolopsis in here. Search is upper right corner.
Look for posts by workman and inski. I believe they are almost genetically the same, if not exact.
The DNA was run from someone's collection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: Origyn]
    #24420916 -

Origyn said:
Search for panaeolopsis in here. Search is upper right corner.
Look for posts by workman and inski. I believe they are almost genetically the same, if not exact.
The DNA was run from someone's collection.



Interesting. I vaguely remember a thread where maybe Alan was mentioning this.

Sadly no Panaeolopsis found in my country. So far, at least.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: Anglerfish]
    #24421055 -

I actually just messaged Alan this morning to ask if he got the chance to study the collection I sent him last year.
He said not yet. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24421075 -

foragedfungus said:
I actually just messaged Alan this morning to ask if he got the chance to study the collection I sent him last year.
He said not yet. :tongue:





How long does something like that take, sending spores for analysis? On average that is. :confused: EDIT: I'm sorry How long does it normally take to receive the results?


--------------------
Nature Reclaims All.
See, I'm flarkin' helpful.

Edited by Wedgie (06/20/17 04:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: Wedgie]
    #24421182 -

Alan was going to extract DNA from a dried fruit.
I really don't know an "average" timeline. If you pay a lab to do it, probably a few weeks. :shrug:
I've been told avalabs will do DNA sequencing for around 20 dollars.

Alan offered to do it as a side project. But he just told he won't get to it til December. So, 18+?months.
If we average those two numbers we get a timeframe of about 9.5 months. :goat:

Edited by foragedfungus (06/20/17 05:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: foragedfungus] * 1
    #27865613 -

I just added a sequence for https://mushroomobserver.org/252185:

GGTGGGTTGTTGCTGTCCCTCTCGGGGGAATTGTGCACACCTTACCTTTTTTGTTTTTCCACCTGTGCACACACTGTAGGTCTGAAGGAGGGGAAGGGGGGGGAAgTAACACTCTCCCCCTGAAACACTTTCaGGTCCTATGTATTTTACACATACACTATTAAAAGTAACAGAACGATTCAATGGGCTTCCAAGCCTATAAACTATATACAACTTTCAGCAACGGATCTCTTGGCTCTCGCATCGATGAAgAACGCAGCGAAATGCGATAAGTAATGTGAATTGCAgAATTCAGTGAATCATCGAATCTTTGAACGCACCTTGCGCTCGTTGGTATTCCGACGAGCATGCCTGTTTGAGTGTCATTAAATTCTCAACCTCAACACTTTTGTGATTGATGGCTTGGATGTGGAGGTTTTTCTGCAGGCTGTTAAAGTCTGCTCCTCTCAAATGAATTaGtGGGtGCCCCGCGCAAACCTATCTATTGGTGTGATAATTATCTACGCCgtGgATTATAgGATTGCTGtAAAAAGGTGTTTGCCCTGCTTCTAACCGTCCnCTyTGTTGGGACAACTTGAACCATTTGACCTCAaATCaaGTAGGACTACCCGCTGAACTTAAgCATATCAATAAGCGGAGGAAAAgAAACTAACaAGGATTCCCCTAgtAACTGCGAGTGAAGCGGGAAAAGCTCAAATTTAAAATCTGGCAgTCTTTGATTGT

The Panaeolopsis, https://mushroomobserver.org/251982 matches 100%:

GGTGGGTTGTTGCTGTCCCTCTcGGGGGAaTTGTGCACACCTTACCTTTTTTGTTTTTCCACCTGTGCACACACTGTAGGTCTGAAGGAGGGGAAGGGGGGGGAAGTAACACTCTCCCCCTGAAACACTTTCAGGTCCTATGTATTTTACACATACACTATTAAAAGTAACAGAACGATTCAATGGGCTTCCAAGCCTATAAACTATATACAACTTTCAGCAACGGATCTCTTGGCTCTCGCATCGATGAAGAACGCAGCGAAATGCGATAAGTAATGTGAATTGCAGAATTCAGTGAATCATCGAATCTTTGAACGCACCTTGCGCTCGTTGGTATTCCGACGAGCATGCCTGTTTGAGTGTCATTAAATTCTCAACCTCAACACTTTTGTGATTGATGGCTTGGATGTGGAGGTTTTTcTGCAGGCTGTTAAAGTCTGCTCCTCTCAAATGAATTAGTGGGTGCCCCGCGCAAACCTATCTATTGGTGTGATAATTATCTACGCCGTGGATTATAgGatTGCTGTAAAAAGGTGTTTGCCCTGCTTCTAACCGTCCCCTTTGTTGgGACAACTTGAACCATTTGACCTCAAATCAGGTAGGACTACCCGCTGAACTTAAGCATATCAATAAGCGGAgGAAAAGAAACTAACAagGAtTCCCCTAGTAACTGCGAGTGAAGCGGGAAAAGCTCAAATTTaAAATCTGGCAGTCTTTGATTGTCCGAgTtGtAATCTAgAGaAgCATTATCCGCGCTGGAC

Sometimes the cap doesn't open up all the way, but it's still the same species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cinctulus and Panaeolopsis [Re: foragedfungus]
    #27866251 -

foragedfungus said:
Alan was going to extract DNA from a dried fruit. Alan offered to do it as a side project. But he just told he won't get to it til December. So, 18+?months.
If we average those two numbers we get a timeframe of about 9.5 months. :goat:



One eternity later… Lol…. JK! Alan, I’m sure you’re super busy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Panaeolopsis!
( 1 2 3 all )
alteredstates 9,434 54 08/07/14 01:21 AM
by maynardjameskeenan
* Help the Monkey! Pan.cinctulus,Panaeolopsis and monster Agaricus Bernardi... duff monkey 2,589 12 09/26/11 07:57 PM
by psylosymonreturns
* help identifing mushrooms
( 1 2 all )
codyrcollier14 7,594 24 09/28/14 09:02 AM
by ambc
* is it Panaeolus cinctulu? choomanfoo 5,731 11 05/26/13 08:20 PM
by choomanfoo
* Panaeolus cinctulus + Panaeolopsis cyanophilus 5,124 12 09/15/09 09:09 PM
by quadracer
* Panaeolopsis? Byrain 2,577 10 04/15/10 01:00 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* panaeolopsis adamlivesinCA 1,685 7 07/10/08 09:13 PM
by weiliiiiiii
* possable Panaeolopsis sp. and Panaeolus ? ID
( 1 2 3 all )
Locky 7,405 42 02/16/11 02:28 AM
by karode13

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
371 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 41 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.