Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: Asante]
    #27501602 -

Asante said:
Krishnamurti makes the error of unchanging ways.

Parts of a duality belong together and while they initially repel they shall in the end, join again.

What if a soap bubble forever parts the outside air from the inside air?

Erroneous, it is the nature of all bubbles that they will pop.



How can an opposite remain an opposite and yet change into a non-opposite, a oneness? it would no longer be an opposite in it's change into oneness. If Hitler (was still alive) stopped ended his bias views started charities to support mentally-ill, homosexuals, Gypsys and Jews, he would no longer be an antagonist to them, he would be friendly toward them. Now It's up to forgiveness of past oppression by these mentally-ill, homosexuals, Gypsys and Jews, the popping of the bubble :grin:.

But this analogy also depends on there be an inherent existence for this Hitler as well the inherently existent other opposite beings, is there an inherently instituted place of being for any polar opposite in all the world? maybe we are all Dependent-Arisings, all interconnected with no core, no essential self, leading to a fundemental place where not only all opposites cease, but eternal-omnipresent consciousness does not go either,  like the Buddhist say? (I Imagine my God reach's out to that place, being omnipotent-omniscience and omnipresent in ways that go beyond our understanding. :crazy2:) :shrug:

I Could dig up and flood this thread with tons of Krishnamurti material teaching how to discern and comprehend with out the conflict of the opposites, looking with out any Desire to choose (Because choice implies "opposites"), often refers to it as "choiceless-awareness", next time I run through his talks maybe I'll get around to quoting him on it, I'm not sure where to recollect on his material now about this...


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27501667 -

saintdextro said:
How can an opposite remain an opposite and yet change into a non-opposite, a oneness?



There is One Energy.

It separates out into a Yin and a Yang.

In time they will resolve into that One Energy again.

If you can't imagine that, rewind time.

What is broken will become whole again.

Dualities are temporary and will reconcile.


I rather hear you talking than Krishnamurti.

A quote is an interpretation of what a faraway stranger said.

You and I are right here, shaping our minds together.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: Asante]
    #27502545 -

Yea Krishnamurti is blatantly against quotations, it's just covering up our confusion with "quotes" as he puts it! lol :grin:

What is the meaning of this Emanation into duality's? Is it still like the Egg video you posted awhile back? It's about God growing babies, Babies become God-like manifesters of there own Universes and children and so on. Now, in the Bible it says we shall be like the Angels in the future world, seen from this it could be seen as evolution of the individual being into an more powerful agent, but the message formulates around being Pure is the goal, it's Righteousness, Faithfulness, Loving-kindness and Mercifulness and definitely Devotion that are traits that it'll get you there, it's an Reward and Punishment based system or deal, the Bhagavad Gita is more I find an Intrinsic Motivation based system, a path you enjoy being on the whole way through, in fact it gets happier and happier whereas in Christianity it hints at "no pain, no gain" which I actually admire quite deeply. moving on the Bhagavad Gita teaches we also evolve into higher Beings in the chain of evolution and if you meditate and practice Yoga, particularly the eight-limbed Yoga of Patanjali sum's it up best for what you gotta do to become an "Deity" in the next life.

what I'm rambling about it what's the Morality and/or Ethics of your beliefs? Is it basically the same?


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27502633 -

The atao of good..

The atau of evil..

If something happens in the flow of nature it is called righteous and good.


--------------------
Thank you for your Time...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #27509457 -

I think there is an inherent knowledge per person based on that person's experience that causes a sensation of wrong if an action is inherently wrong to that person at that time.  I think it is mathematically impossible to pin it down though.  The world is so complex outwardly and inwardly that it is unthinkable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: fandandy]
    #27509672 -

fandandy said:
I think there is an inherent knowledge per person based on that person's experience that causes a sensation of wrong if an action is inherently wrong to that person at that time.  I think it is mathematically impossible to pin it down though.  The world is so complex outwardly and inwardly that it is unthinkable.



Or is is as simple as Jesus analogy of picking fruit: "no on picks fruit from thorn bushes, and no one picks figs from bramble patches, a good tree does not produce bad fruit, nor does a bad tree produce good fruit, neither can a good heart produce evil, nor an evil heart produce good, but by there fruit you shall recognize them, for out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks"?

even an analytical dissection of an event it shouldn't be harder to pin down, as the right and wrong appear more distinct by becoming more apparent. But the intuition of the present moment makes the morality recognition quite simple I think.


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27510185 -

The Devil can't even fart without God's permission.

This universe is ENTIRELY COMPRISED OF ITS DEITY WHO'S CENTRAL CONSCIOUSNESS COMMANDS IT.

The Central Consciousness is GOOD, it is PURE LOVE.

Even evil cannot help but obey it.

A love greater than the evil enacts all evil upon itself.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: Asante]
    #27511816 -

Do you think that there is a vibrational difference emitted from a person who plays the cello as one who plays the violin?

Consistently, if studied I bet there is.  I know there is.  And if the technology was available and the study were funded it would be proven.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: fandandy]
    #27512019 -

Obviously, you resonate with the instrument you play.




--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: Asante]
    #27514077 -

BTW, when I accuse people of schizophrenia, I'm not necessarily saying there "fake" or "Illusion", More a term that a psychologist would give you, alond with an SSI or SSDI check every month,,, a prophet is schizophrenic by my terms, God uses the "Hallucination" of Dreams to talk to Christians, Right? and that's fucking biblical! :cross::grin:


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27514748 -

Actually, if a person says schizophrenic, manic, depressed or sociopathic, I take these in the mental illness meaning of the word, not the social stigma.

I can assure you I'm not a schizophrenic, my mental state was thoroughly assessed at several times in my life, and I'm definitely not a schizophrenic.

You're a lay person affixing a label to someone you havent professionally evaluated, and the label doesnt fit.

I don't think that you labelling a person as schizophrenic is an indicator that you take what they say more serious than others, so its basically a high brow version of the dismissive "you're retarded" that teenagers shut off people with.

Quote:
God uses the "Hallucination" of Dreams to talk to Christians, Right?



Are you a schizophrenic because you sleep 8 hours a day?
Its unqualified dismissive labelling.

Some people have nonpathological manifestations of communication from within.

To call that "schizophrenic voices" pathologizes it unjustly.

Calling fuckall going on spiritually "normal" and those with something happening "diseased" is not respectful of the variation within the human species.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: Asante]
    #27514885 -

I lived with many people who believe there mental ill ness is real, none the less they all are obviously mentally ill, maybe you're different from them, but I see my personal mental illness as real spiritual thing at the same time, God uses schizophrenia to communicate.

you might be a prophet, but the proof is in the pudding.


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27514898 -

BTW, the traditional diagnoses for Schizophrenia is "someone putting thoughts in yout head" or "putting thoughts in other heads (telepathically)"


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27515101 -

The difference between psychosis and mystical connection is that one is dysphoric and marked by despair while the other gives the experience of being open, in-tune and feeling alive. These two experiences can definitely seem to overlap but there are important differences.

I would argue that if one hears a voice condemning one's self or creating fear and despair - this is schizophrenia - if one has a voice which is benevolent to oneself and promotes spiritual absorption and feelings of great personal meaning, this is more in line with a mystical experience.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: EternalCowabunga] * 1
    #27515173 -

Trypto-Fan said:
Do you believe Good and Evil are fundamental forces in the universe?

Or just human concepts that have arisen through an emergent property of our evolution and the way we evolved to co-operate as a group rather than acting in purely self interest, as many life-forms do.



It's hard to say, there are certainly things that from my current POV, like where I am in all aspects, seem 'evil'. But whether that is indicative of something fundamental is tricky.

What does 'evil' mean for people? Is it something that appears overwhelming negative? Or something that doesn't have a comprehensible non-negative element? Are these all just concepts?



EternalCowabunga said:
The difference between psychosis and mystical connection is that one is dysphoric and marked by despair while the other gives the experience of being open, in-tune and feeling alive. These two experiences can definitely seem to overlap but there are important differences.

I would argue that if one hears a voice condemning one's self or creating fear and despair - this is schizophrenia - if one has a voice which is benevolent to oneself and promotes spiritual absorption and feelings of great personal meaning, this is more in line with a mystical experience.



There was a cool study that looked at auditory hallucinations or voice that people experienced and found there was a cultural influence. People from one culture experience more neutral-positive voices, and other experience more negative-neutral voices. I'll see if I can find a link.

Found it, or at least something very similar:

Quote:
A number of studies have explored hallucinations as complex experiences involving interactions between psychological, biological, and environmental factors and mechanisms. Nevertheless, relatively little attention has focused on the role of culture in shaping hallucinations. This article reviews the published research, drawing on the expertise of both anthropologists and psychologists. We argue that the extant body of work suggests that culture does indeed have a significant impact on the experience, understanding, and labeling of hallucinations and that there may be important theoretical and clinical consequences of that observation. We find that culture can affect what is identified as a hallucination, that there are different patterns of hallucination among the clinical and nonclinical populations, that hallucinations are often culturally meaningful, that hallucinations occur at different rates in different settings; that culture affects the meaning and characteristics of hallucinations associated with psychosis, and that the cultural variations of psychotic hallucinations may have implications for the clinical outcome of those who struggle with psychosis. We conclude that a clinician should never assume that the mere report of what seems to be a hallucination is necessarily a symptom of pathology and that the patient’s cultural background needs to be taken into account when assessing and treating hallucinations.



https://doi.org/10.1093/schbul/sbu012


--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

Edited by coversall (10/23/21 01:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #27515258 -

EternalCowabunga said:
The difference between psychosis and mystical connection is that one is dysphoric and marked by despair while the other gives the experience of being open, in-tune and feeling alive. These two experiences can definitely seem to overlap but there are important differences.

I would argue that if one hears a voice condemning one's self or creating fear and despair - this is schizophrenia - if one has a voice which is benevolent to oneself and promotes spiritual absorption and feelings of great personal meaning, this is more in line with a mystical experience.



I've had ecstatic (spiritual euphoria) due to my schizophrenia, as well as dysphoria (spiritual condemnation) from my schizophrenia. it started with people and the TV/Radio talking in code (telling stories about other people, but are correlated directly to me and my situation, and talking about things I was recently thinking/doing.) over the course of a year, it got worse to the point I was hearing voices, the voices were two of my brothers a unidentified girl and our Bible study teacher. there were jokes, but the constant theme was that I'm either Jesus Christ or the Anti-Christ. than it was everyones and anyones voice, shooting the shit about anything.

If you hu\ang out with me 24/7, you would hear the TV and other people talk about what I was just talking about or often say the same word I I'm saying. I Haven't tested this officially, but I Think my Schizoprenia can be proved to be real. I Wonder if they would still call it that, it's factual after all.


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: saintdextro]
    #27515302 -

I have been through the same thing except I never heard malevolent voices. Hearing voices is one "positive" (not positive as good but positive as added on) symptom of schizophrenia and not all schizophrenics hear voices. I've been in and out of hospitals and met enough schizophrenics who never heard voices.

What I was suggesting in my post was that there can be overlap between schizophrenia and spiritual experience - such as the spiritual euphoria you felt - that shouldn't be discounted, although I would consider it as the spiritual side of your schizophrenia. Kind of like the Yin Yang symbol, there is an element of psychosis in spiritual awakening and vice versa. I'm thinking that Asante's voice belongs to the spiritual awakening part and not the potentially mental illness of pure psychosis.

I can speak from my own experience.. the first time I was hospitalized, I was having an awakening. There were moments of terror and confusion but overall the experience was very euphoric and "expansive". My last hospitalization involved delusions of being possessed and going to hell and there was a distinct lack of euphoria although I also felt like I had made peace with my death; while this was not really euphoric, it was that silver lining to that experience which contained that small seed of spirituality.

Basically I'm saying that euphoric symptoms = awakening and negative symptoms = schizophrenia but of course there is going to be grey area and overlapping.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #27515327 -

Hey, so I just saw your posts in the telepathy thread and wanted to say that I don't want to trigger you into thinking your euphoric symptoms are psychosis or that you getting messages from the TV is just psychosis. The thing is that I never reached full "enlightenment" if that is even possible but I do believe that synchronicity can definitely be a path towards it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #27515344 -

My friend recently had an episode where he was watching South Park and everything the TV, commercials and all, were responding to his thoughts and giving him messages, they kept telling him he is going to hell, his friends he met on the street were even telling him that there is hell during this episode of his, he now believes in hell and was hospitalized. that's most my life for the past 15 years and he has joined the "Matrix" with me.

The "voices" or "messages" I've witnessed in people and me seem to want to control you with fear, drastic fear. but they want you to do what's right. so it's confusing to listen to them. if they would control you with love it would be easier to deal with.


--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Eternal battle between Good and Evil [Re: Trypto-Fan]
    #27516525 -

Evil is deliberately causing others to suffer; this isn't necessary to the fabric of existence at all, and it can be eradicated from this Earth by means of the process described in this video - not selling anything for money, just offering honest information and a real solution :heart:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* If God is great, and God is good.....then why does evil exist?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mikemushroom 13,774 78 05/16/08 07:58 AM
by oreandra
* Terence Mckenna- Schizophrenic or Shamanic? EmbracingShadows 4,151 17 05/12/09 11:40 AM
by heimiasali
* did God create evil?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
trent 7,058 71 09/25/26 10:12 AM
by langten69
* A resolution to the problem of theodicy (otherwise known as the eternal moral dilemma)... deCypher 574 2 03/02/09 02:55 PM
by deCypher
* immortality (subjectively eternal conciousness) Moonshoe 1,718 10 11/21/05 08:03 PM
by Moonshoe
* *DELETED* 905 1,496 11 07/15/06 02:33 PM
by SimpleThoughts
* Hamsa & The Evil Eye
( 1 2 all )
lines 11,643 32 03/18/10 08:06 PM
by TeamAmerica
* Girls are evil!
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 4,709 29 01/10/06 05:45 PM
by JacquesCousteau

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
1,205 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.