Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27425224 - 08/12/21 11:39 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Feevers, since you're good with sources, can you find a source that says having D3 DEFICIENCY isnt correlated to poorer Covid outcomes?

Yes, there are even multiple studies showing statistically significant worse outcomes in hospitals with patients with higher vitamin D  levels. Does that mean having higher Vit D levels makes you worse off if you're hospitalized with COVID? No, but someone could misinterpret the data that way and that's a lot of what's going on on the pro-vit D side with studies that show the opposite.

"The prevalence of 25(OH)vitamin D insufficiency, moderate deficiency and severe deficiency was 13.2%, 22.5% and 54.3%, respectively. 25(OH)Vitamin D deficiency (<20 ng/mL) was not associated with COVID-19 clinical features and outcomes. Unexpectedly, after adjusting for major confounders, a significant positive association between increasing 25(OH)vitamin D levels and in-hospital mortality (on a continuous logarithmic scale, odds ratio = 1.73 [95% CI, 1.11 to 2.69]; P = .016) was observed."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33187772/

Quote:

Cause it is, very much so, and 40% of whites and 80% of blacks have vitamin D deficiency.

Theres an anti-vitamin lobby, remember that. Billions are made from letting people get sick, its one of the biggest industries.

You mention an anti-vitamin lobby, while citing an article authored by possibly the largest spreader of anti-vaxxer misinformation on the planet, who also makes tens of millions of dollars selling vitamins. Two sides to every coin...

That said, there's plenty of correlation between Vitamin D and COVID and credible studies that show that. The thing is that it's nothing new, vitamin D has a long history of being touted as a cure-all based upon observational/ecological correlational studies, due to all of the confounding variables that go along with it. In pretty much every case that I'm aware of other than bone health, those theories fall apart after proper experimental studies.

Vitamin D deficiency is likely correlated with poorer outcomes in every disease. People who are sedentary or older or sicker spend less time outside and therefore have less vitamin D, they're also more likely to have more serious COVID cases. African Americans are more likely to be deficient but also more likely to have obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and other significant COVID risk factors. Acute illness itself depletes free vitamin D and a drop in vit D binding protein amongst other factors that contribute to more severe COVID patients having low D levels.

There's a multitude of ways Vitamin D can influence COVID in-vitro and possibly in the human body, but the evidence for it doing so on a clinically significant level just isn't there. You can take thousands of supplements or plants and come up with plausible ways they can physiologically help fight COVID, you can get positive results in-vitro, but in actual in-vivo real-life scenarios their usefulness in most cases is the equivalent of trying to battle a wildfire with a supersoaker.

Edited by feevers (08/12/21 11:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: feevers] * 1
    #27425300 - 08/12/21 12:35 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the equivalent of trying to battle a wildfire with a supersoaker.

If you supersoak your clothes and hair with water in a wildfire, your survival odds increase. There is no good argument against NOT taking vit D3 these days.

Quote:

Endocr Pract

. 2021 May;27(5):484-493.
doi: 10.1016/j.eprac.2021.03.006. Epub 2021 Mar 17.
Vitamin D and Its Potential Benefit for the COVID-19 Pandemic
Nipith Charoenngam  1 , Arash Shirvani  2 , Michael F Holick  3
Affiliations

PMID: 33744444 PMCID: PMC7965847 DOI: 10.1016/j.eprac.2021.03.006

Free PMC article
Abstract

Vitamin D is known not only for its importance for bone health but also for its biologic activities on many other organ systems. This is due to the presence of the vitamin D receptor in various types of cells and tissues, including the skin, skeletal muscle, adipose tissue, endocrine pancreas, immune cells, and blood vessels. Experimental studies have shown that vitamin D exerts several actions that are thought to be protective against coronavirus disease (COVID-19) infectivity and severity. These include the immunomodulatory effects on the innate and adaptive immune systems, the regulatory effects on the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone-system in the kidneys and the lungs, and the protective effects against endothelial dysfunction and thrombosis. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, studies have shown that vitamin D supplementation is beneficial in protecting against risk of acquiring acute respiratory viral infection and may improve outcomes in sepsis and critically ill patients. There are a growing number of data connecting COVID-19 infectivity and severity with vitamin D status, suggesting a potential benefit of vitamin D supplementation for primary prevention or as an adjunctive treatment of COVID-19. Although the results from most ongoing randomized clinical trials aiming to prove the benefit of vitamin D supplementation for these purposes are still pending, there is no downside to increasing vitamin D intake and having sensible sunlight exposure to maintain serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D at a level of least 30 ng/mL (75 nmol/L) and preferably 40 to 60 ng/mL (100-150 nmol/L) to minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection and its severity.

Keywords: 25-hydroxyvitamin D; COVID-19; SARS-CoV-2; vitamin D.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (08/12/21 12:38 PM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante]
    #27425349 - 08/12/21 01:10 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

In 3 weeks we went from having  2 COVID units to having 7. And there are COVID pts outside those units in unused isolation rooms including the trauma unit.

It will be... Interesting... To see where this goes. It is worse than it has ever been now

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Asante] * 3
    #27425358 - 08/12/21 01:15 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Niggas

Look

Covid is never going away

A vaccine for covid is not like a vaccine for smallpox or (hypothetically) HIV. A vaccine for smallpox immunized you for life. Smallpox is wiped off the face of the planet except its kept in a lab.

Covid is like the flu. It mutates. It changes. You need a new flu shot every year. You will need a new covid shot every year.

Covid has changed the planet forever. Biological warfare and greed and unhealthy lifestyles have changed life.

Forever.

When the planet flares up its social distancing and mask time. For life.

Its the flu but 10x worst. Watch out during flu season.

So its retarded to argue who gets the vaccine or not.

To everyone their own life. This is like the flu but worst. Probably people don't die of old age anymore. Now eventually you miss a covid shot at the age of 80 you get sick and die.

We are lucky to survive this far. We should be like dinosaurs. We treat our species like shit. We seem to have inherited another 100 years of natural evolution.

Good luck caring beyond this.

Its just real talk I am talking that shit that real talk shit.

Absorb it

:peace:

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27425399 - 08/12/21 01:45 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
In 3 weeks we went from having  2 COVID units to having 7. And there are COVID pts outside those units in unused isolation rooms including the trauma unit.

It will be... Interesting... To see where this goes. It is worse than it has ever been now

:biohazard: Code Black :biohazard:

Be prepared for it, also in the stocking up of your home. When you come home you want to COME HOME and not have to do stuff.

Godspeed :hug:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #27425663 - 08/12/21 04:48 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Mississippi hospital officials say their system is days away from total collapse

Dallas hospitals are converting their maternity wards into covid wards

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (08/12/21 05:08 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27425743 - 08/12/21 05:56 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Florida's only up 1% over last week?

Did they just stop testing, or... :confused:

--------------------
This space for rent

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27425797 - 08/12/21 06:34 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Florida’s case numbers are bullshit. Their hospitalizations are 50% higher than the last peak

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/12/21 08:08 PM)

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 1
    #27425800 - 08/12/21 06:37 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

They probably replaced that whistle blower lady with somebody who does what they're told.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #27425817 - 08/12/21 06:50 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Hospitalizations are going through the roof but their deaths have cratered in the last week. This is Chinese level manipulation of the data. Four deaths yesterday. 108 a week ago. Complete bullshit

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (08/12/21 06:51 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27425904 - 08/12/21 08:02 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Remember this picture from Chicago two weeks ago?

Maskless, outdoor and mostly vaxxed crowd of 400k. Guess what? No detectable increase in covid rates. Dump the mask mandates in favor of vax mandates.

https://twitter.com/drarwady/status/1425832745851179023?s=21

Quote:

We are now 14 days past the first day of Lolla and we are continuing to investigate cases of COVID. There have been no unexpected findings at this point and NO evidence at this point of “super-spreader” event or substantial impact to Chicago’s COVID-19 epidemiology.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#27425916 - 08/12/21 08:09 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:

:biohazard: Code Black :biohazard:

Be prepared for it, also in the stocking up of your home. When you come home you want to COME HOME and not have to do stuff.

Godspeed :hug:

Oh I mean I still go out. I work out, I shop, I go to restaurants etc. I do wear a mask at the gym and grocery store but that is mostly because I am often in known proximity to covid pts and apparently delta can be carried by those with vaccinations sometimes

I do think COVID could have been eradicated under a different set of circumstances.

In any case, medical personnel aren't freaking out anymore. We're not getting sick. We're banking and trying not to feel guilty about it. If you want us to stop banking then get your vaccine and don't be a numbskull

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27425943 - 08/12/21 08:18 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

80% of the cases traced back to lollapalooza are in unvaccinated attendees, which were ~10% of the crowd. The vaccine is still incredibly effective.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 2
    #27425965 - 08/12/21 08:30 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

For people like HamHead, leningrad, paradox, and Heinrik, arguing about COVID is like a game. The consequences and rewards are totally 'virtual'.

Just a reminder that it isn't a game for everyone.

If you're unvaccinated and still treating it like a game, don't be surprised if it isn't one for you, either, in the near future. It will never be an "I told you so" kind of situation. You'll just be one of hundreds of thousands of sad cases of people who couldn't be helped to help themselves; who rode the wave of "freedom" (or, more forgivably, apathy) to their demise

Many ICU patients between 26-40 y/o this round

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27425971 - 08/12/21 08:33 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27425974 - 08/12/21 08:35 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

lollapalooza's a great test case. pretty impressive efficacy for a mass of people that size crammed into a human petri dish. You can pretty much guarantee everyone there was exposed.

Quote:

morrowasted said:
For people like HamHead, leningrad, paradox, and Heinrik, arguing about COVID is like a game. The consequences and rewards are totally 'virtual'.

If you're unvaccinated and still treating it like a game, don't be surprised if it isn't one for you, either, in the near future.

I'll bet those young people are probably going to have pretty fucked up lives when\if they get off the vent.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 3
    #27425983 - 08/12/21 08:42 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

The only thing you can do now Koods is try to block that part of you that feels the euphoria of vindication when nobody listens to you and this all plays out.

It's one thing to keep trying and reaching out to the very poor and underinformed. These people on the shroomery are not that. If they were reachable with argumentation, it would've happened a long time ago. There's a certain combination of "smart"/"fast-thinking" and lack of formal education that leads to pathological behaviors like needing to identify with counterculture "intellectual" movements

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Mr.GuessWork]
    #27425984 - 08/12/21 08:43 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.GuessWork said:
lollapalooza's a great test case. pretty impressive efficacy for a mass of people that size crammed into a human petri dish. You can pretty much guarantee everyone there was exposed.

Quote:

morrowasted said:

If you're unvaccinated and still treating it like a game, don't be surprised if it isn't one for you, either, in the near future.

I'll bet those young people are probably going to have pretty fucked up lives when\if they get off the vent.

yes. most of them won't get off of it, though. delta patients are throwing clots and crashing like nothing ever seen except the original COVID

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27425989 - 08/12/21 08:46 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleMr.GuessWork
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27425996 - 08/12/21 08:52 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

I think lots of these people are still accessible through other rhetoric aside from traditional authoritative medical/scientific argumentation. if they're so easily convinced by the techniques used to propagate misinformation, then that same susceptibility should be exploitable for other ends. the trick is to identify it, and either remove the power of it's influence so the person better use sound reasoning and critical thinking, or repurpose the power so the person is bottlenecked into making a decision that protects them and allows them to live and not harm others so they can make better decisions in other aspects of their lives. the decision not to take the vaccine is a clear example of a behavior harming the self and others at this point, and some type of mass action is needed since psych wards aren't an option.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck