Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 2
    #27431752 -

koods said:
Ron Desantis is pushing regeneron therapy for covid patients setting up clinics all over the state, while simultaneously enforcing rules that help spread the disease. Regeneron’s MAB therapy costs $1500 per dose. Desantis’ top fundraiser is regenerons second largest shareholder



Those evil greedy fucking pieces of shit!!!:mad2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #27431812 -

morrowasted said:
On break

29yo female with covid coded



I’ve noticed the media is getting a lot more access to patients and icu’s this wave. I assume hospital staff are letting this happen. It’s a good thing. The first 15 months of the pandemic was way too sanitized.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 1
    #27431825 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #27431836 -

Texas governor got the vid. Lets sacrifice this one to the gods.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27431844 -

:batlol::wellidunno::lolsy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27431846 -

Here’s a pic of him infecting a bunch of people



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27431861 -

Oh I see. They hired a guy in a wheelchair to show how progressive/liberal/EOE they are huh? :scat:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27431865 -

Abbott was paralyzed by a falling tree. Bright guy.

In other bright guys news, a couple was arrested and fined $8000 for using fake vaccination cards to get into Hawaii

https://boingboing.net/2021/08/17/florida-couple-busted-in-hawaii-with-fake-vaccine-cards.html


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27431869 -

Jeesus H fucking christ! IDIOTS! They deserve a harsher fine. Something to show everyone that there's hell to pay for endangering lives. Let's say 100 grand maybe?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27431870 -

Trees can be sneaky. I almost had a big ass limb fall on me once just walking to class one day. I had just walked under it maybe 30 seconds before it fell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27431880 -

Abbott was 26 when he was paralyzed by a falling oak tree while he was jogging in Houston on a windy day in July 1984. The accident left Abbott, who uses a wheelchair, paralyzed from the waist down.

The next year, he sued the homeowner whose tree fell on him and the tree service company that had inspected it before it crashed down on him.

He received a multimillion-dollar lawsuit agreement that he told The Texas Tribune in 2013 allows him to address the health and mobility challenges every paraplegic must confront. During his initial run for governor, he told the Tribune that he would gladly give the money back if he could regain the use of his legs.


WOW! At least he seems to be helping other people with disabilities like his, hopefully.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27431889 -

He's vaccinated, so He'll probably be fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27432693 -

First thing he'll do after he recovers is brag about how COVID is nothing and then pass a mandate making hospitals illegal or something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: feevers] * 1
    #27433463 -

OutsideofYourMind asked:

Quote:
Do you personally know somebody who was unvaccinated and then got covid and then wished they were vaccinated? Or are all these people you see on the news who are probably getting paid?



I mean, I don't personally KNOW them. But I see them. Sometimes I meet them. And if I meet them before they get intubated, they never use "I'll still never get the shot" as some of their last words. To be fair, though, it's hard for them to say more than one word at once by the time they get intubated.

Maybe that is what they would be choosing to say


If so, whatever. They died for their cause, or something, except in a horrific, lonely, unglorified way that isn't at all like dying for other causes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: morrowasted]
    #27433547 -

Wtf is going on with the death numbers in Florida? Two weeks ago they were pushing 100 deaths a day and now it’s less than 10. These numbers don’t make sense. Either these monoclonal antibody treatments are a miracle or they are just covering up their numbers.



Over 1,000 deaths today in the US


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (08/18/21 07:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27433629 -

Doctor in LA published an opinion piece in the LA Times

Quote:
My patient sat at the edge of his bed gasping for air while he tried to tell me his story, pausing to catch his breath after each word. The plastic tubes delivering oxygen through his nose hardly seemed adequate to stop his chest from heaving. He looked exhausted.

He had tested positive for the coronavirus 10 days ago. He was under 50, mildly hypertensive but otherwise in good health. Eight days earlier he started coughing and having severe fatigue. His doctor started him on antibiotics. It did not work.

Fearing his symptoms were worsening, he started taking some hydroxychloroquine he had found on the internet. It did not work.

He was now experiencing shortness of breath while doing routine daily activities such as walking from his bedroom to the bathroom or putting on his shoes. He was a shell of his former self. He eventually made his way to a facility where he could receive monoclonal antibodies, a lab-produced transfusion that substitutes for the body’s own antibodies. It did not work.

He finally ended up in the ER with dangerously low oxygen levels, exceedingly high inflammatory markers and patchy areas of infection all over his lungs. Nothing had helped. He was getting worse. He could not breathe. His wife and two young children were at home, all infected with COVID. He and his wife had decided not to get vaccinated.

Last year, a case like this would have flattened me. I would have wrestled with the sadness and how unfair life was. Battled with the angst of how unlucky he was. This year, I struggled to find sympathy. It was August 2021, not 2020. The vaccine had been widely available for months in the U.S., free to anyone who wanted it, even offered in drugstores and supermarkets. Cutting-edge, revolutionary, mind-blowing, lifesaving vaccines were available where people shopped for groceries, and they still didn’t want them.

Outside his hospital door, I took a deep breath — battening down my anger and frustration — and went in. I had been working the COVID units for 17 months straight, all day, every day. I had cared for hundreds of COVID patients. We all had, without being able to take breaks long enough to help us recover from this unending ordeal. Compassion fatigue was setting in. For those of us who hadn’t left after the hardest year of our professional lives, even hope was now in short supply.

Shouting through my N95 mask and the noise of the HEPA filter, I introduced myself. I calmly asked him why he decided not to get vaccinated.

“Well, I’m not an anti-vaxxer or anything. I was just waiting for the FDA to approve the vaccine first. I didn’t want to take anything experimental. I didn’t want to be the government’s guinea pig, and I don’t trust that it’s safe,” he said.

“Well,” I said, “I can pretty much guarantee we would have never met had you gotten vaccinated because you would have never been hospitalized. All of our COVID units are full and every single patient in them is unvaccinated. Numbers don’t lie. The vaccines work.”

This was a common excuse people gave for not getting vaccinated, fearing the vaccine because the Food and Drug Administration had only granted it emergency-use authorization so far, not permanent approval. Yet the treatments he had turned to, antibiotics, monoclonal antibodies and hydroxychloroquine were considered experimental, with mixed evidence to support their use.

The only proven lifesaver we’ve had in this pandemic is a vaccine that many people don’t want. A vaccine we give away to other countries because supply overwhelms demand in the U.S. A vaccine people in other countries stand in line for hours to receive, if they can get it at all.

“Well," I said, “I am going to treat you with, remdesivir, which only recently received FDA approval.” I explained that it had been under an EUA for most of last year and had not been studied or administered as widely as COVID-19 vaccines. That more than 353 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered in the U.S. along with more than 4.7 billion doses worldwide without any overwhelming, catastrophic side effects. “Not nearly as many doses of remdesivir have been given or studied in people and its long-term side effects are still unknown,” I said. “Do you still want me to give it to you?”

“Yes” he responded, “Whatever it takes to save my life.”

It did not work.

My patient died nine days later from a fatal stroke. We, the care team, reconciled this loss by telling ourselves: He made a personal choice not to get vaccinated, not to protect himself or his family. We did everything we could with what we had to save him. This year, this tragedy, this unnecessary, entirely preventable loss, was on him.

The burden of this pandemic now rests on the shoulders of the unvaccinated. On those who are eligible to get vaccinated, but choose not to, a decision they defend by declaring, “vaccination is a deeply personal choice.” But perhaps never in history has anyone’s personal choice impacted the world as a whole as it does right now. When hundreds and thousands of people continue to die, when the most vulnerable members of society, our children, cannot be vaccinated — the luxury of choice ceases to exist.

If you believe the pandemic is almost over and you can ride it out, without getting vaccinated, you could not be more wrong. This virus will find you.

If you believe I’ll just wait until the FDA approves the vaccine first, you may not live to see the day.

If you believe if I get infected I’ll just go to the hospital and get treated, there is no guarantee we can save your life, nor even a promise we’ll have a bed for you.

If you believe I’m pregnant and I don’t want the vaccine to affect me, my baby or my future fertility, it matters little if you’re not alive to see your newborn.

If you believe I won’t get my children vaccinated because I don’t know what the long-term effects will be, it matters little if they don’t live long enough for you to find out.

If you believe I’ll just let everyone else get vaccinated around me so I don’t have to, there are 93 million eligible, unvaccinated people in the “herd” who think the same way you do and are getting in the way of ending this pandemic. If you believe vaccinated people are getting infected anyway so what’s the point?, the vaccine was built to prevent hospitalizations and deaths from severe illness. Instead of fatal pneumonia, those with breakthrough infections have a short, bad cold, so the vaccine has already proved itself. The vaccinated are not dying from COVID-19.

SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, has mutated countless times during this pandemic, adapting to survive. Stacked up against a human race that has resisted change every step of the way — including wearing masks, social distancing, quarantining and now refusing lifesaving vaccines — it is easy to see who will win this war if human behavior fails to change quickly.

The most effective thing you can do to protect yourself, your loved ones and the world, is to GET VACCINATED.
And it will work.

Anita Sircar is an infectious disease physician and clinical instructor of health sciences at the UCLA School of Medicine.





--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27433637 -

koods said:
Wtf is going on with the death numbers in Florida? Two weeks ago they were pushing 100 deaths a day and now it’s less than 10. These numbers don’t make sense. Either these monoclonal antibody treatments are a miracle or they are just covering up their numbers.



Over 1,000 deaths today in the US



koods said:
Ron Desantis is pushing regeneron therapy for covid patients setting up clinics all over the state, while simultaneously enforcing rules that help spread the disease. Regeneron’s MAB therapy costs $1500 per dose. Desantis’ top fundraiser is regenerons second largest shareholder




Kind of looking like this may be a big fleecing in the making. Might be a good idea to buy some Regeneron stock and get in on the action.

Regeneron makes the monoclonal antibodies, right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27433639 -

I’m not saying the MAB treatments are bad. They work extremely well and probably can prevent almost all deaths. The problem is you have to get the treatment early on or before you get sick as a post exposure prophylaxis. They work the same way vaccines work, by filling you up with antibodies. It’s just a lot easier to get the vaccine and A LOT less expensive for taxpayers who are paying for both the vaccines and the treatments.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods] * 2
    #27433643 -

Quote:
“Well, I’m not an anti-vaxxer or anything. I was just waiting for the FDA to approve the vaccine first. I didn’t want to take anything experimental. I didn’t want to be the government’s guinea pig, and I don’t trust that it’s safe,” he said.

“Well,” I said, “I can pretty much guarantee we would have never met had you gotten vaccinated because you would have never been hospitalized. All of our COVID units are full and every single patient in them is unvaccinated. Numbers don’t lie. The vaccines work.”



that sounds super scripted NPC stuff, well I dont doubt that this happens, and why I got the vaccine, those quotes make me think this story is fiction


--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

And I don't know what the mantis is praying for
But he's probably just thanking the Lord
That he don't live in a home
And he don't got a phone
And he don't sit around all angry and bored
(He's just a bug)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: COVID-19 = SARS-CoV-2 - Novel Coronavirus Pandemic Main Thread - PART 3 (Third Wave 2021-2022 season) [Re: koods]
    #27433645 -

So Regeneron stock go brrrrrrrrrr?

At this point, all I care about is how I can take advantage of the situation. Stupid people gotta stupid. Might as well make the best of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Beer slushies! ToTheSummit 1,771 11 03/15/08 09:36 AM
by thedudenj
* Machine gun....... Hooty 2,530 17 08/09/04 12:25 PM
by Hooty
* Wrong Forum JettaJay 871 13 03/16/05 09:45 AM
by JettaJay
* If you could buy an arcade machine...
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,133 50 04/01/05 02:07 PM
by RedNucleus
* Can you see what's wrong with this? YouEnjoyMyself 510 11 09/13/04 08:27 PM
by lukeboots
* pointing out things that are wrong. druqks46 609 3 10/03/04 05:39 PM
by Shroomism
* Proof that lsd effects machines Lazerouth 2,104 17 10/18/03 05:27 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* Gambling question, odds on slot machines. milk 1,195 8 04/07/04 06:43 PM
by FirstAvailable

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
140,750 topic views. 3 members, 10 guests and 116 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.