Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Is Laymixing outdated?
    #27393820 -

Hi everyone, so I'm still Dialing!
I've read a ton of articles about surface conditions which led me to the layering tek turning into the Laymix tek to people saying they just mix with exposed grain or just mix with casing now to the mix with the wax paper tek or foil tek.
So ahhhhhh my question is where has everyone landed with these teks?
My goal is more surface control and full canopy's.
Thanks you guys for the help!

Edited by Onset11 (07/19/21 01:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Laymixing outdated? [Re: Onset11]
    #27393864 -

Bit confused. But if your talking about spawning grain to coir then just mix the grain and coir evenly but retain a little coir to put as layer layer over the mix. Thats probably sounds more confusing than it need to be.

Munch has a great post with a video here: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26984354

Forget wax paper and all that.


--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Laymixing outdated? [Re: coversall] * 1
    #27393922 -

Layering is old, wax paper is bunk,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Laymixing outdated? [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #27393958 -

Just need a top layer with a liner.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Laymixing outdated? [Re: Failboat]
    #27395163 -

Thanks you guys,
I have a few new tubs going I have a couple with a liner doubled, I know it's kinda a crouch. It would be nice to figure out how not to use one.
I have the "laymix" tek going with the sub mixed with spawn.
I have put a layer of coir/verm on top about 3/4" thick and one tub is mixed sub and 2qt. spawn layer on top exposed.
I'm trying to get full canopies but my side pins are better than my surface.

I know my surface conditions are not good but what exactly?
I'm using hpoo with oats, I wasn't using a coir/verm layer on top.
I would mix the sub with spawn and level off nice with out a layer on top. As it colonized the surface would become bumpy, now is a bumpy surface making the sides a more favorable place for the pinning to occur?
Now I have a few tubs with the coir/verm layer on top which really smooth's out nicely better than poo. I hope that helps my surface conditions.
So now I have a 56qt tub with sub spawn mix of 5qt with 2qt spawn layer on top with a nice smooth level coir/verm layer on top.
What do you think? I know there's a lot more to take in account but I think my surface conditions are keeping me from producing a full canopy
I'm really getting them on the sides, I've even turned some cakes on their sides to fruit
So what do you guys think?  Full canopy?
I was looking for a tek on full canopies
I appreciate any help
Thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Laymixing outdated? [Re: Onset11]
    #27395245 -

That poor cake  :boom:


--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the migrants, and I did not speak out because I was not a migrant.
Then they came for the queers, and I did not speak out because I was not queer.
Then they came for me, and there was nobody left to help me.

ABOLISH ICE. Free Palestine. Revolution or bust (A) . Profile pic credit goes to an awesome human
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is Laymixing outdated? [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27395329 -

Yeah right I've had a few like that!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My rye tek is outdated BeefExtreme 347 12 01/02/19 06:01 PM
by Grimsweeper
* How to get a canopy?
( 1 2 all )
nube424 9,014 30 01/01/18 05:14 PM
by ShroomyToons
* why do i see so many big canopies? aren't you supposed to pick as soon as the veil breaks? SawCeeJack 765 15 03/07/20 10:15 AM
by Randalf the Grey
* UPDATED - Pics of "No Hole" Monotub Multispore Canopy - Coir/Verm/Coffee/Gypsum
( 1 2 3 all )
sgfccchamber 12,593 40 02/03/23 10:59 PM
by foggy frog
* Canopy flush (pics) OakTree 1,557 15 08/27/18 10:42 PM
by Wing
* What does it take to go from print to full canopy? berserkbadger 2,392 13 03/22/16 12:28 PM
by berserkbadger
* Outdated, Incorrect and Bad Info On Main Page
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
EvilMushroom666 75,675 218 12/13/14 11:14 PM
by cronicr
* outdated information
( 1 2 all )
bootsy222 559 27 01/21/18 09:12 AM
by tryptkaloids

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
384 topic views. 15 members, 134 guests and 175 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.