Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Cowboy Bebop!
    #2730414 - 05/25/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone watch this anime? I love the episode where they trip on mushrooms.

:crazy2: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Cowboy Bebop! [Re: Oddish]
    #2730460 - 05/25/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's the greatest thing since slice bread! I'm not a real big anime fan, but Cowboy BeBop is different. It's got a real William S. Burroughs & William Gibson thing going for it. Good stuff! :cool:

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Cowboy Bebop! [Re: Papaver]
    #2730474 - 05/25/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

there is lots of anime as cool as bebop :thumbup:

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Cowboy Bebop! [Re: spud]
    #2730479 - 05/25/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Name some stuff. I'd like to check it out! The music in Bebop is awesome as hell, too! Gotta' love the jazz!

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
    #2730604 - 05/25/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hell yeah, I love Bebop. Not because it's anime, but because it's really quality sci-fi.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2730672 - 05/26/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, please name some. Tri-gun is okay, and has its moments, but I have yet to really find anything to compare to BeBop based on my own personal criteria, needs, and aesthetic desires...

Like most things, I'm neither a specific "fan" of either animation or sci-fi, but I know what I like, and BeBop has qualities of both which I like, but this combo is kinda rare...

But then I could almost argue that in any given medium or genre -- that there are really only two or three artists/writers/musicians/products/whatevers that I REALLY think are just tits and are the transcendent end-all of human accomplishment! Hence, I'm very eclectic and "flighty" culturally-speaking...

--------------------

Edited by Papaver (05/26/04 12:17 AM)

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

#2730702 - 05/26/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I saw on Adult Swim where they were advertising a new anime entitled "Wolf's Reign" from the creators of Cowboy Bebop. I haven't had the opportunity to catch any of the episodes, but the preview looked pretty cool.

I just love everything about Bebop. The story is so awesome and very touching as well. That along with the music and the awesome action scenes seems to seperate it from any other anime I've watched. On the other hand, I remember the anime "Outlaw Star" now. It was pretty good, too!

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2730715 - 05/26/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

wolfs reign

try FLCL/Furi Kuri/Fooly Cooly also

the creators of bebop have just started a newer anime than wolfs reign btw, and it looks HOT, its about samurais, and it's twisted with matrix style... the only negative is not the same composer from bebop
look for Samurai Champloo

also coming to CN soon is an AMAZING anime called full metal alchemist.. which is surprisingly gorey.. and gets into alchemy/science/religion/philsophy, it's hilarious, the characters and action.. animation.. everything.. it's the top anime in japan right now

from trigun i got into bebop though.. when i watched it sadly my only motivation was the mushroom episode.. but that was back when it took me forever to watch anime.. that doesnt mean i didnt love it though.. it just wasn't too super addictive considering most the eps are 'filler'

also from trigun i got into hellsing a bit.. though i never finished it, its only about 13 eps though? very cool action/art/animation and music though, about vampires :P

Edited by Ori (05/26/04 12:32 AM)

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#2730719 - 05/26/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

youre not gonna find any other good anime on adult swim besides bebop
trigun is pretty lame IMO
good anime:
akira
naruto!
vampire hunter d (both of them)
blood: the last vampire (very short so easy to download)
ninja scroll
love hina (kinda girly to some...i loved it!)
ah my goddess
ranma 1/2

that should get you started for now

if you want more just say

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2730753 - 05/26/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i cant believe you think trigun is lame :X
triguns one of the best animes ive seen ;x

oh also.. how could i forget
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door

the movie.. go download it ;P

seriously, some of the top animes imo:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (anything GAINAX makes is superb)
FLCL (what NGE tried to be, also GAINAX.. awesome music too.. fucking style and humor and crazyness out the wazoo)
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun (the granddaddy of bounty hunter animes.. watch ep1 and e26 and don't tell me it isn't gun-smoking cool)
Naruto (a bit dbzish.. but still the master of cliffhangers in anime)
Full Metal Alchemist (fucking.. nice)

i'd list more but atm i'm not being very diverse(though the animes themselves are diverse.. theyre not just pure action or pure humor).. just some of the best blended animes of all(not just pure violence, but all great aspects of story/music/animation/art/characters/humor/etc..)

Edited by Ori (05/26/04 12:44 AM)

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: Cowboy Bebop! [Re: Ori]
    #2730756 - 05/26/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

oh yea neon genesis is a must have

trigun was cool but the scenary gets old fast (its all in desert towns that look identical) and each episode is the same fucking moral
KILLING IS BAD
KILLING IS BAD
KILLING IS BAD

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2730764 - 05/26/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
oh yea neon genesis is a must have

trigun was cool but the scenary gets old fast (its all in desert towns that look identical) and each episode is the same fucking moral
KILLING IS BAD
KILLING IS BAD
KILLING IS BAD

i think the saving grace was the gung-ho guns

oh also, you forgot the theory of the spider and butterfly.. i thought that was amazing that vash disagreed on being a superior being.. not just that he could defeat any opponent w/o killing them
gotta love a hero who cries and eats donuts all the time..

adult swim may lack a lot of decent animes.. but they're getting better and better, they already have FMA coming, they also did air FLCL too.. which is an amazing flawless anime.. its no where near as slow as NGE.. very very diff plot, and very short though

you know what i've never watched and kind've isnt anime but seems very similar to bebop
BigO.. it sounds lame, and i've never seen it.. but i've seen a few moments of it.. it does seem to have a bit of style.. sort of like batman mixed with mecha anime.. plus same voice actor as spike

Edited by Ori (05/26/04 12:49 AM)

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2730767 - 05/26/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

> akira

Is that the same as Agent Akira? The one with all the up-skirt shots? I thought that one was kind of cute. :smile:

The vampire ones didn't really do it for me though. Vampires are a real hit or miss thing with me. Mostly miss...

I'll have to check out these newer ones from the same people who did BeBop, but sadly, lightning doesn't always strike in the same place. Hopefully, they won't disappoint.

Time being a such limited commodity, and with so much various media out there to absorb, my comic interests seem to have centered around Crumb, Looney Tunes, and BeBop. I find all of those to have a sort of lasting quality for me, personally -- art being nothing, if not, subjective and personal... :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#2730771 - 05/26/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

you see that new shit they added on adult swim called closed case?
i wasnt really paying attention to it but lupin the third looked better than that!
i was mostly joking with trigun
its cool but ive seen every episode and the replay fun of it SUCKS
it is not the type of anime thats cool to watch 38092380 times

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2730772 - 05/26/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Papaver said:
> akira

Is that the same as Agent Akira? The one with all the up-skirt shots? I thought that one was kind of cute. :smile:

The vampire ones didn't really do it for me though. Vampires are a real hit or miss thing with me. Mostly miss...

I'll have to check out these newer ones from the same people who did BeBop, but sadly, lightning doesn't always strike in the same place. Hopefully, they won't disappoint.

Time being a such limited commodity, and with so much various media out there to absorb, my comic interests seem to have centered around Crumb, Looney Tunes, and BeBop. I find all of those to have a sort of lasting quality for me, personally -- art being nothing, if not, subjective and personal... :wink:

akira way diff.. akira is what brought anime into the mainstream in USA.. it's mostly a gorey pile of shit in the end, but the animation is very nice

as for vampire stuff, i felt the same way and didn't seem to have much of an interest.. but it had a lot of style, not to mention it was the first anime i've seen where the main character was a bad guy

"but sadly, lightning doesn't always strike in the same place. Hopefully, they won't disappoint."
well.. they did a decent job on their animatrix short.. and i hear wolfs reign is decent
but seriously, all the reviews i've heard of their new anime are incredible.. i'm gonna try to hunt it myself but i'm not even sure if i can considering it might be licensed already

4 animes i've been recommended and am watching but probably will never finish:
Noir
GunGrave
Saikano
Hellsing

i dont think ill get into why i never finished them atm though

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2730777 - 05/26/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
you see that new shit they added on adult swim called closed case?
i wasnt really paying attention to it but lupin the third looked better than that!
i was mostly joking with trigun
its cool but ive seen every episode and the replay fun of it SUCKS
it is not the type of anime thats cool to watch 38092380 times

actually i never really watch animes they air on adult swim.. i end up watching the subs months in advance.. which is sad because i've been wanting to watch wolfs reign but never got around to it

it's rare to find an anime i can watch a bajillion times though.. i'm pretty much sick of bebop .. usually you need to take abreak though, lower your tolerance.. then watch it again months later and its love at first sight again

one of the coolest fucking anime movies: End of Evangelion.. you don't really need to watch the entire 26 episode series to enjoy it.. even if you did though, it'll still be a total mindfuck

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#2730784 - 05/26/04 12:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

is it true the guy who made neon genesis went insane or died or something while finishing it?

InvisibleOri
intoxicated

#2730803 - 05/26/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

spud said:
is it true the guy who made neon genesis went insane or died or something while finishing it?

maybe theyre insane to begin with?
i dunno about the main creator, i know GAINAX is still alive and going strong though
i do know though that halfway through the season they went overbudget which explains why the 2nd half of the season's quality dropped a bit
the last episode is great though

also i felt like adding the producers of full metal alchemist are actually square-enix.. and  a few of the fma games in japan are pretty fucking awesome gameplay wise
i wish i had a GC so i could order the naruto game imports.. i hear its like one of the best fighters ever

btw: Nicholas D Wolfwood rules :wink:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#2730822 - 05/26/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Cool! Thanks for the info, guys. I think I'm going to take some time later this year to maybe explore some more anime. What do you all think is a good site to buy from -- both selection, quality, and recommendation/knowledgebase-wise?

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#2730853 - 05/26/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

http://a.scarywater.net/
all the anime you could ever want for free
(need bit torrent)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies