Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My hermit crab died
    #2729407 -

I need something to fill this void in my life... and a 20 gallon tank.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2729462 -

Here Lies
Shoehat's Hermit Crab.
2004 - 2004
Requiescat en Pace

His race has run.
His grave you see.
As he is now, so
You shall be.


He will be missed... :frown:

Maybe it would help you to get through this tough time, if you wrote his obituary. You know, something for us all to remember him by. An account of his deeds and accomplishments. The ways in which he touched our lives...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2729492 -

Fish are fun, 'specially schools of littler ones. Then they get to die off and replenish their own numbers somewhat. There are plenty of wierd and entertaining-looking fish and you can get more biota in when you don't have to have a raised abovesurface rock-thingie like you do for crabs.


--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2729561 -

I had my first experience with death as a child when my hermit crab died.  I had never had anything close to me die before, ever, so it was rather shocking when I looked in the cage and saw the distorted and rigid form of little Skyler stuffed in her shell --unmoving. 

I had a little funeral for her though, and everything. 

You should too!!

I never knew your hermit crab, but I'm sure it offered you many hours of entertainment and companionship.  RIP.  :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: MOTH]
    #2729567 -

Sorry to hear.
Maybe you can try some Anoles(sp?)or frogs.
Frogs are cool.


--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: MOTH]
    #2729606 -

When I was a kid, my first experience with death was when my parents got me a Bug Jar.  I caught some slugs.  I raced them.  They had names, and were my dear companions for many an afternoon.  Then I left them outside  and over the course of the day the sun, naturally, changed position.  When I returned for a special race extravaganza with them in the late afternoon, they were cooked.  Actually, more like steamed.  The texture was still quite moist, but with a nice hollandaise sauce...  :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Don't even get me started on what happened to the spiders and grasshoppers.  Sadly, they just could not get along...  :crying:  I've had funerals for dogs, but not for fish-type things.  How long had you had your hermit crab?


--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Edited by Panoramix (05/25/04 08:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: MOTH]
    #2729624 -

You guys are wierdos


--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty


You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: OldSpice]
    #2729663 -

Alounacara said:
You guys are wierdos



Only wierdos think wierdos are wierd, wierd isn't it  :tongue:


--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: OldSpice]
    #2729895 -

Alounacara said:
You guys are wierdos



hehe, I was like 5 or 6 years old, Paw!  :laugh:





but you're right...I am a *little* strange... :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: MOTH]
    #2729947 -

:frown:

sorry to hear indeed,
that said, another day -- another collar

why not get a lizard of some sort? Or if those are too high maintence and etc, Triops are pretty cool, though short lived :frown:

Elle:
your story reminds me of two of my pets deaths.. both hamsters. The first was giving its dying breaths, and i ran to my father tear-eyed.. He tried reviving it with a blowdryer, and it worked.. for about an hour

The second, I walked over to my 3 hamster cage. Oh no! Where was the white one? That was my favorite. hmm. Hey guys, have you seen him? .. Hey, whats this red blotch. Hmmm. ::touches it::
OMG THAT WAS MY HAMSTER
YOU FUCKERS!!! and i ran off crying.. it was my wonderful white hamster, his belly slit in two, and he was lying on his back.. the red was the only thing showing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2730178 -

What did the crab die of? Natural causes?

Do they live quite awhile? I always envisioned hermit crabs as a 10-15 year pet...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: vampirism]
    #2730755 -

What sick fuck gutted your hamster?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: zeta]
    #2730757 -

I think the other hamster did it.

Hamsters are pretty hardcore...I've had one bit me and give me a good fucking gash.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2730778 -

Madtowntripper said:
I think the other hamster did it.

Hamsters are pretty hardcore...I've had one bit me and give me a good fucking gash.



Hamsters are hardcore! I used to raise fighting hamsters in Bangkok, but I retired after the moral issues started to get to me. It really started to eat me up inside -- training those little guys to kill each other and die for the sport of rich businessmen and yankee tourists, so I opened up a brothel instead -- less guilt...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: Papaver]
    #2731173 -

more money to...

ShroomHermit... I might be able to obtain a 4 foot corn snake for you... I've found a few dozen this year....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #2731216 -

Ill take a corn snake!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: zeta]
    #2731611 -

they were right, the other hamsters did it

his own brothers..
i was a bit surprised because there were no guts left :wtf:
ugh
the image sickens me still

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2731799 -

TheShroomHermit said:
I need something to fill this void in my life... and a 20 gallon tank.



aww. I'm sorry. My rat died yesteday too. Circle of life.

For you tank you should get yourself a snake or a turtle. Something lives longer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2731962 -

Thats sad dude. I remember you telling us about that hermit once.

My first experience with a dead pet was quite frightening. I had these two mice which I struggled to train to do so many things... never really accomplished though. I always played with them in extreme ways, like this one time I had two mice in shoe box lid and I through them up and down and cought them. I always cought them, but one fall was just to hard for one of them, he died on the spot. I balled my eyes out... my mom told me she's never heard me cry such heartshattering cry.

I was hardcore with pets before as a kid, poor pets, but now I'm as nice as pets themselves.


--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My hermit crab died [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #5606429 -

That sucks, bro! I recently had 3 hermit crabs die on me during the winter. I used coco coir chunks for their bedding. The heater I bought for them was designed for sand use but didn't state. Well the heat when right on through the coir, instead of dessipating and being absorbed by sand. My poor crabs dried up.

Also! Be super careful, make sure your crab is dead. If you aren't sure break his large claw off. If it's empty then the crab was merely molting its exterior shell. But if it is full (and stinks!) at least it was dead when you just did that.


--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Turn a retired Incubator into a Hermit Crab House!
( 1 2 all )
daba 4,831 37 05/09/06 08:31 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* Help naming new hermit crab
( 1 2 3 all )
SixCee 4,359 45 05/14/06 07:12 PM
by alsnow469
* Don't let hermit crabs out when stoned
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 2,751 34 07/27/06 07:10 PM
by eris
* Poor hermit crab DNKYD 1,143 9 05/18/05 03:24 PM
by agr8fulchick
* Anyone else have crabs?
( 1 2 all )
Nezzy 1,462 27 06/08/11 01:19 AM
by LayinUp
* Becoming a hermit OliverJames 491 16 01/07/17 11:00 AM
by ModestMouse
* So I got crabs DNKYD 522 1 04/11/05 09:55 PM
by blissedout
* Hamster-based music Land_Crab 1,056 7 11/27/05 11:41 AM
by Yarry

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,736 topic views. 6 members, 12 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.