Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek)
    #27290325 - 05/02/21 12:02 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

This version of this tek will officially be named 'The Mad Man's Tek' and doesn't require the use of a PH meter or any smelly vinegar boils. This post will be very direct and basic at first and will mostly be directed towards people that already know the basics of extracting DMT. I will be revising it as time goes on and I get some pictures gathered.

I would like to thank Cyb for creating 'Cyb's Salt Tek' which uses 50g of mhrb and ultimately if it wasn't for him creating that tek, I wouldn't be able to give you this revised method. Also a huge thank you to Earthwalker for his revision of Cyb's Salt Tek in which he upgraded it to 100g of mhrb and I also wouldn't be able to do this if it wasn't for him as well. (If you have any questions about any part of this tek, it's highly suggested that you look up these other two teks first to see if they answer your question)

Disclosure: I am not a chemist and almost all of my chemistry experience comes from my knowledge of extracting DMT which I've been doing for almost a decade now. If I post anything that's incorrect or misleading, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be sure to correct it.

Now let's get to the good stuff:

Imporant Notes:
1. DO NOT use plastic for any of this! Everything you use, your funnel, your pipette, your baking dish, your bottles, should all be glass. If you're going to do this, do it right.
2. Vinegar neutralizes most chemical spills, if you spill something or get something on you, wipe and clean it with water and then once it's wiped dry neutralize it with vinegar.
3. Always do everything in a well ventilated area. I've inhaled naphtha fumes all day before and it's a guaranteed headache.
4. Most of the wine jugs will come with a metal cap that doesn't secure well when it comes to your extraction leaking out while you're shaking them. For this reason, I highly suggest ordering or finding some plastic growler lids that are easily obtainable on Amazon

Materials:
Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark - 500g
A lot of people like to order their bark already powdered or shredded. I personally think it degrades the quality so I always prefer to get mine chopped. Ultimately I don't have a lab to test this out on or any backed up data to support any of this, so it's really up to you when it comes down to it. I bought a cheap $20 blender and I use that to shred up my bark as best as it'll do and my pulls come out spectacular.

4L Glass Jug (Just go to your local liquor store that has a good selection of wine and ask them for the biggest jug of wine that they carry, it should be 4L)

White Vinegar 5% acidity - 1 cup

Salt (with NO Iodine) - 200g

Water (tap water is fine)

Lye/Sodium Hydroxide (Can be found at most home improvement stores) - 250g

Naphtha (Lighter Fluid, e.g. Zippo, Swan, Ronsonol, Newport, Shellite) (Can be found at some home improvement stores and some paint stores) IMPORTANT: Always do the 'mirror test' with whatever solvent you do use: Take a drop of your solvent (I use VM&P Naphtha) and put it on a mirror that's laying flat. When the solvent evaporates, if it leaves any residue at all, it's not safe to use. If it evaporates and it looks clean then you're good to go.

two 9x13 pyrex dishes or one 8x8 glass baking dish (Pyrex preferred) (the difference in sizes are explained in step 4)

Plastic Wrap (try to get a good one that really clings to baking dishes well)

GLASS Funnel

GLASS Pipette/Turkey Baster

Safety Glasses (I promise you don't want to accidentally squirt Naphtha in your eye)

Disposable Gloves

*optional* Spray Bottle (to fill with vinegar for ease of neutralizing spills)

Box Fan

Step1: Acidifying
Take 500g shredded or powdered MHRB (I prefer to shred my bark as opposed to powdering it because I deal with less emulsions) and stuff it into your 4L wine jug. There's no quick way of doing, just pinch it and stuff it in there until you finally get it all.
Add 5 cups of water to your bottle. Now CAREFULLY mix the water around until the bark is completely soaked. You don't have to be extremely careful, but you don't want to create a bunch of aeration.
Add 1 cup of vinegar once the bark is evenly soaked in water.
Gently mix this around and then set in a hot water bath for 2 - 3 hours (I just use my bathtub). Continue to gently mix while it's in the hot water bath every 30 minutes or so. If you get busy and forget about the bottles for a couple of days, that's fine, they're still usable. The hot water bath should warm the bottles, not heat them excessively.

Step 2: Salting
Now that your vinegar/mhrb solution has been heating for a couple of hours it's time to move onto the salting stage.
Boil 3 cups of water (for ease of dissolving the salt, no other reason)
Once the water is boiling add 200g of salt and mix until mostly dissolved.
Take the salt water off of heat and add 2 more cups of water to your salt water
add the 5 cups of salt water to your bottle containing the mhrb/vinegar
Continue immediately to step 3

Step 3: Basifying
IMPORTANT!!: Do NOT add water to lye! Always add lye to water, otherwise you'll cause a violent reaction! Also, always stand back when mixing this. I promise you don't want to inhale this stuff. It's literally like inhaling death, I know from experience.
Fill a mason jar with 3 cups of water
SLOWLY add 250g of LYE TO the WATER (NOT water to lye) (I mix the mixture with a butter knife as I slowly add the lye to the water)
Carefully add this to your extraction vessel.
Now top off your extraction vessel with water until it reaches the base of neck of the wine jug. All wine jugs have a short narrow neck that sticks out of the top and that's where you want your naphtha pulls to be because it makes it so much easier to pull your naphtha. So add just enough water to where it's right at the base of that neck.
Now put your lid on your extraction vessel and shake the hell out of it. Don't worry about aeration or emulsions, it should be acidified enough to prevent any of that.
Now put your bottle back in your hot water bath. I usually just leave this overnight (about 12 hours) and forget about it. The longer it sits in the basified solution, the less naphtha you'll need to use to extract more DMT. Be sure to go back and change out your hot water periodically and give the bottles a nice shake to mix everything around again. Also slightly unscrew the caps and retighten them every now and then to release any built up pressure.
I've left basified bottles out for months before and went back to pull them and got plenty of DMT from them. You can let them sit as long as you'd like.

Step 4: Pulling
Now that your bottles have sat for several hours we're going to do our Naphtha (or whatever solvent you settled on) pulls. get a pot of boiling water going and put the amount of naphtha you need into an open container and set this container into your boiling water. Make sure you're not using a flame stove, only electric. I've done this several times and never had issues. If something catastrophic happens, I think we can chalk it up to the fact that it was simply meant to happen to you. I admittedly don't usually measure out my naphtha because I know from the base of my neck to right below where the cap is will fit roughly (more or less) 100ml of naphtha. If you want an exact amount, do 100ml of naphtha.
Add your boiling hot naphtha to your extraction vessel and shake the hell out of it while rotating it for 2 minutes exactly.
After 2 minutes, let the vessel sit long enough for the naphtha to completely separate from the basified solution. If there's red lines then it has not separated completely and needs to sit longer before you move on. We're working with 500g of root bark here so expect to wait a little longer than you normally would on your smaller extractions.
Once your Naphtha has separated, shake it a second time for 2 more minutes and allow it to separate yet again.
Once your Naphtha has separated, shake it a third time for 2 more minutes and allow it to separate yet again.
Once your Naphtha has separated, shake it a fourth time for 2 more minutes and allow it to separate yet again.
Now we're going to roll the bottle GENTLY in your hands on the 5th shake. We don't want to shake it roughly this time like we did the previous 4 times. This time we just roll it gently around for ONE minute. Once that one minute is up, let it separate one final time but take the cap off when you go to let it separate. If you don't take the cap off, then when you go to do your pulls after it's finally separated for the last time it will cause more red lines to drop on the sides and you'll have to give it time to let it separate yet again.

Now there's 2 ways you can do this next part:

Method1:
If you're only doing one bottle then it's recommended that you siphon out your naphtha (while being very careful not to disturb the base solution) and transfer it to an 8x8 pyrex dish. repeat step 4 a total of 6 - 8 times. put plastic wrap over your baking dish after each time you siphon your naphtha so that more solvent doesn't evaporate than is necessary.

Method2: (Mad Man style)
Do 4 bottles all at one time. Collectively siphon your naphtha out of all 4 bottles at the same time and transfer all of them to a 9x13 pyrex dish. Do 3 pulls per bottle for each 9x13 pyrex dish (giving you a total of 12 pulls inside of your 9x13 dish). It's recommended that you do at least 6 pulls in each bottle to get most of your DMT, so therefore you'll need two different 9x13 pyrex dishes to do this method.

Regardless on which method you choose, once you have your naphtha inside of your baking dish place this in front of a box fan until the liquid has evaporated enough to become cloudy from being concentrated with DMT. Once it's evaporated enough, tightly put plastic wrap over your baking dish and place this in the freezer for 24 hours.

Step 5: The Goodies
Now after all those hours of shaking those bottles, it's time to see if it was all worth while.
Take your pyrex dish(es) out of the freezer and pour all of the excess solvent into a glass bottle of some sort. Immediately place your pyrex dish leaning against a wall with a paper towel underneath it to catch any naphtha drips and put your box fan in front of your pyrex dishes holding all of your DMT crystals.
Let the fan blow on these for at least a few hours to ensure all the naphtha has evaporated. Once your dishes no longer smell of solvent and have no visible liquid on them whatsoever, they are good to scrape and smoke!
I usually just scrape the very top of my dishes and don't collect any of the light layer of "goo" that might be on the bottom so that I get nothing but pure crystals and I manage to pull 23g from 4 bottles. Put your crystals in an airtight jar with desiccant packets to keep out any moisture :smile:

I have gotten over 20g from 4 bottles three different times that I've tried this particular method.

Last Minute Notes:
I prefer running at least 4 bottles at one time because not only do you get more product within the same amount of time, but you also aren't spending so much time just waiting for one bottle to separate. By the time you've shaken all 4 of the bottles, the first one is almost separated like it's supposed to be.

There are clean up methods in case you accidentally got lye in your pyrex dish. It's called 're-xing' and I personally don't bother with it because I know how to pull my naphtha without getting any of the base solution. If you're curious about this, there's plenty of methods and teks out there (including one in Cyb's Salt Tek) that can explain that further.

If you followed this tek exactly and you're not getting good yields, there's a very high chance that it's simply your quality of root bark. After my first year of extracting I thought I just wasn't good at it until I tried a different source of bark and then I started getting really good product.

250g of lye is questionably slightly overkill. But I'd rather have slightly too much than slightly too little.

Again, I will be coming back and revising this tek and hopefully will be adding pictures soon.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, but please try to research first. If you see anything that's incorrect on here, please do not hesitate to correct me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek) [Re: Killer_Fungus] * 2
    #27290579 - 05/02/21 02:57 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Nice write-up Killer_Fungus. 
Really cool contribution to the community for being newer here. 
Much respect for your time, effort, and knowledge 👽🔥

:asianofapproval:

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek) [Re: Mycelium Juice]
    #27290650 - 05/02/21 04:06 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

naphtha and even its fumes can dissolve plastic cling wraps.

OP, just curious, have you tried a lime tek? or did you just rewrite the first thing you tried?

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

Re: The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek) [Re: Icon]
    #27290663 - 05/02/21 04:12 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mycelium Juice said:
Nice write-up Killer_Fungus. 
Really cool contribution to the community for being newer here. 
Much respect for your time, effort, and knowledge 👽🔥

:asianofapproval:

Thanks dude  :bunnyhug:

Quote:

Icon said:
naphtha and even its fumes can dissolve plastic cling wraps.

OP, just curious, have you tried a lime tek? or did you just rewrite the first thing you tried?

That's why you don't let the naphtha touch the plastic cling wrap.

I have not tried a lime tek nor is this the first thing I've tried. It's also hardly a "rewrite"

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek) [Re: Killer_Fungus]
    #27290671 - 05/02/21 04:16 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

Re: The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek) [Re: Mycelium Juice]
    #27290684 - 05/02/21 04:27 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

After doing a little research, it looks like lime is a safer alternative to basifying as opposed to using lye. That's interesting, I'll have to look more into that. Definitely wouldn't mind making the method less toxic if it can still yield the same results.

Edit: Also, looks like it requires vinegar boils. Which is one of the perks of this tek in general is that you don't have to smell up your house with vinegar.

Edited by Killer_Fungus (05/02/21 04:33 PM)

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#27290769 - 05/02/21 05:28 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Q21Q21%27s_Vinegar/Lime_A/B_Extraction_Tek#Tek_2:_The_Fluffy_White_Funfest

As you've demonstrated though, the boiling isn't required. Can just use minimal water and vinegar to form a paste.

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

#27290926 - 05/02/21 07:17 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I appreciate the info, will definitely look more into that. I notice they mention on there that naphtha won't dissolve HDPE plastic. I wonder how accurate that is...will have to look more into that as well.

edit: just realized he goes on later to say that there's risk of small plastic contaminants if you do decide to use HDPE plastic

Edited by Killer_Fungus (05/02/21 07:21 PM)

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#27290988 - 05/02/21 07:54 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Naphtha won't dissolve HDPE like it will to cling wrap (LDPE) but I think in the long term it can weaken the plasticity and make it crack. The risk is higher if you heat the plastic or naphtha beyond temperatures that are used for DMT extracting. Here's a chart of solvent compatibility. Naphtha, a hydrocarbon, can be aromatic or aliphatic but the "light naphtha" in paint thinners is classified as an aliphatic hydrocarbon. Hexane is a component of naphtha.
https://www.calpaclab.com/chemical-compatibility-charts/

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

#27290992 - 05/02/21 07:56 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Well cling wrap isn't touching the naphtha so that's not really a factor in this. You just have to be careful setting it in and out of the freezer.

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#27291001 - 05/02/21 07:59 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Not saying you can't get away with it, but the fumes can permeate that cling plastic and re-settle in the freezer so it will smell like naphtha. Hope you don't have any food in there cuz it damn near ruined frozen pizza for me. The fumes could be tasted in the food even after baking it.

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

#27291008 - 05/02/21 08:01 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hahahaha yeah I've had to learn the hard way multiple times that I can't have anything that has flour in it in my freezer.

There was a couple of times that I was like "it's probably still okay"..
It never was. It's never okay.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #27291389 - 05/03/21 03:43 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Pro-tip: Perform extractions during cold seasons.
Just put the dish outside overnight, when it's cold or freezing.

This way you don't have any fumes in your freezer. :smirk:
When you run half a kilo or more at once you'll usually have more dmt than you can take within the upcomming year.

To be honest I don't get why so many peolpe stick to and rewrite complicated teks. It can be done much faster and easier.. :strokebeard:

-

Edited by Pandemoon (05/03/21 05:00 AM)

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

Re: The Mad Man's Tek (500g MHRB DMT bottle tek) [Re: Pandemoon]
    #27291564 - 05/03/21 07:45 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Pro-tip: Perform extractions during cold seasons.
Just put the dish outside overnight, when it's cold or freezing.

This way you don't have any fumes in your freezer. :smirk:
When you run half a kilo or more at once you'll usually have more dmt than you can take within the upcomming year.

To be honest I don't get why so many peolpe stick to and rewrite complicated teks. It can be done much faster and easier.. :strokebeard:

-

Care to give an example on how it can be done faster and easier instead of just giving vague indicators?

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

#27291636 - 05/03/21 08:35 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Well, with mhrb all you have to do is the following:

Mix tabwater with bark, lye and naphtha in a big jar. Stirr.
Let stand overnight.
Stirr well again, then suck off naphtha.
Let naphtha evape in a dish, or put the dish into the freezer.
Done.

That's litterally five movements of the hand (+stirring for a minute or two), maybe a couple of minutes of work spread over the day.

No need for any vinegar, salt, heat. All you need is bark, tabwater, lye, naphtha, a syringe, a glass jar and a dish.
You see, the whole TEK is one sentence, that's it.

:shrug:

Done right it leads to nice white crystals. Here is an ounce of dmt done this way.

-

Edited by Pandemoon (05/03/21 09:34 AM)

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

#27291646 - 05/03/21 08:40 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Well, with mhrb all you have to do is the following:

Mix tabwater with bark, lye and naphtha in a big jar. Stirr.
Let stand overnight.
Stirr well again, then suck off naphtha.
Let naphtha evape in a dish, or put the dish into the freezer.
Done.

That's litterally five movements of the hand (+stirring for a minute or two), maybe a couple of minutes of work spread over the day.

No need for any vinegar, salt, heat. All you need is bark, tabwater, lye, naphtha, a syringe, a glass jar and a dish.
You see, the whole TEK is one sentence, that's it.

:shrug:

Done right it leads to nice white crystals. Here is an once of dmt done this way.

-

Yep, that's the whole tek in one sentence alright. Good job. Now get off my tek

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

#27291703 - 05/03/21 09:25 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Well, as you have asked for an explaination there's no need to be pissed now. :lol:

And no it's not your tek in one senence. As I said, there is no need for vinegar or salt or heat at all.

To clarify, it's totally unnecessary to acidify mhrb with vinegar and then base it, not without defating in between.
Defating is pulling the fats with a nonpolar solvent while the solution is acidic. For acacia this step is recommended, though.

Without washing with a nonpolar solvent (that's what defating is), the acidifying is totaly point- and sensless. As mhrb has almost no fats that should be removed, the step is not only pointless but also unecessary to do even with a defat step.
So it doesn't do anything but waste your time and make your entire kitchen smell like vinegar, with no reason. :shrug:
A strong base like lye is way more agressive than vinegar, it does break appart the bark and releases the dmt way faster than vinegar does. Using vinegar is simply redundant here.

If you base your water + bark mix immediately in the beginning (without acidifying before) you will get exactly the same results, in less time, using less chemicals (saves money), and less smell.

That's what I meant when I said it can be done faster and easier.

-

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

#27291729 - 05/03/21 09:38 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not pissed, I just think it's funny how you think that's the whole tek but there's nothing explaining how to properly handle lye or anything else. I also think it's annoying how you got on here with vague statements but contributing very little as a whole.

The kitchen doesn't smell like vinegar, have you even read the tek? there's no vinegar boils or anything. If it bothers you that much, don't use the vinegar. The vinegar may not be as useful, but I've always done it in the hopes of it dissolving more plant oils before the final basifying. Also, the salt further ionizes the solution which will increase the amount of DMT you're getting out.

If you think you're really getting all of your product from shaking your bottle once a day and siphoning out your naphtha once a day then all the power to you.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and if you have a style you think is better then go for it. I'm not trying to say this is the best tek out there for doing this, it's simply another method of achieving the same results.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

#27291751 - 05/03/21 09:51 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Killer_Fungus said:
There's more than one way to skin a cat

Right. Your tek works very well, I'm not complaining. :thumbup:

Quote:

The vinegar may not be as useful, but I've always done it in the hopes of it dissolving more plant oils before the final basifying.

Right. The vinegar releases the oils and fats. But as you don't remove them with naphtha before basifying, they will still be in the final basic solution. So it doesn't help at all.
That was my whole point. The vinegar is useless, literally a waste of time.

Quote:

Also, the salt further ionizes the solution which will increase the amount of DMT you're getting out.

Right. Salt helps pushing the alkaloids into the nonpolar solvent.
But it's not necessary. Without salt you need maybe one or two more pulls in total to get all the dmt out. But you still get it all, salt does not magically increase the yield.

Sorry to derail your thread.
Now I'm out, I have said everything that I wanted to clarify (at your own request, though).

-

InvisibleKiller_Fungus
a wooden chair
I'm a teapot

#27291773 - 05/03/21 10:05 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

I appreciate you clarifying those things. Those are legit statements.

As far as the vinegar goes, I think you're right that the step can probably be omitted. I'll definitely give that a shot, I wouldn't mind skipping a step if it proves to be pointless.

With the salt, I still think it's worth doing. Skipping two pulls, especially when you're doing it with multiple bottles, seems like that's worth it enough for me to do the salt for sure.
I never believed that the salt magically increased the yield though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order