Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Gabapentin WD was nothing...?
    #27216021 -

Been taking 400mg gabapentin tid for many years. Like 8+. I was always told by others that coming off of it would be difficult. Because of the power outages in texas i have been forced to go without it since monday. I felt no difference at all. :shrug:


Seems like a pretty solid med to me if it works decently well and has little dependency associated issues but maybe i am just a freak

I think i will pick it up but no longer use it daily

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216031 -

What do you take it for, and why have power outages stopped you from procuring?


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216036 -

400mg is pretty low for Gabapentin.  It has similar withdrawal effects to benzos.  They gave me a ton years ago when I was having nerve issues.  They just kept upping it and upping it.  I was taking about 2.5 grams a day at one point.  Apparently it's pretty hard to overdose on.  Still, it does have addiction potential, kinda like alcohol.  My insomnia came back full force when I stopped and I definitely had an uptick in general anxiety and restlessness.

It was pretty damn effective for me though.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27216044 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
What do you take it for, and why have power outages stopped you from procuring?



What did I take it for? Honestly.... perceived gabapentin dependency :lol: It was prescribed to me in my early 20s by a psychiatrist in rehab who thought it might help me... I dunno, stay sober, or whatever. They just throw pills at you in rehab. At first the stuff made me feel a bit high all the time, so of course I loved taking it. After 6 months or so it didn't alter my mood at all, and I had heard others say it was habit forming, such that you need to taper in order to quit. I just... never felt like quitting. Never felt like "the right time"- always some other compounding stressors that made it so I thought "I'll just do this later on in life."

There was a winter storm in Texas we were totally unprepared for and most of the city- pharmacies included- lost both power and water for most of the week. There was no way for me to pick up my meds.

I expected to feel very anxious/jittery but as far as I can tell there is no difference 4.5 days out from my last dose.

Thank god I wasnt dependent on benzos

Quote:
400mg is pretty low for Gabapentin.  It has similar withdrawal effects to benzos.  They gave me a ton years ago when I was having nerve issues.  They just kept upping it and upping it.  I was taking about 2.5 grams a day at one point.  Apparently it's pretty hard to overdose on.  Still, it does have addiction potential, kinda like alcohol.  My insomnia came back full force when I stopped and I definitely had an uptick in general anxiety and restlessness.


it was 400mg 3x/day. I used to take 800mg 3x/day, but stepped it back probably 4-5 years ago. I did abuse it at first because it did make me feel good but over the years I just stopped abusing it altogether. But yeah it's tough to OD on, I've taken upwards of 30grams at a time before. I don't recommend it, it felt more awkward than good, but I didn't suffer any damage from it. I believe there is steep decline in absorption as you increase the dosage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216051 -

What kind of effects does it have, pleasant or otherwise?

I'v never heard of it doing much aside of making people feel sleepy...


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #27216059 -

It's hard to describe, it's got a very unique mechanism of action... for me, at first, it felt like a much "cleaner" of benzos- no feelings of anxiety, just a carefree attitude and a bit of a floaty body sensation, without affecting my memory or increasing the likelihood of me doing impulsive/stupid things, as with benzos (in the past, I never take benzos recreationally anymore).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216103 -

Morrowasted, throughout my life I had long periods of being addicted to substances, obsession over them and compulsive use impulses, and then at another point, walking out of the addiction like it didnt exist, no withdrawal or cravings at all.

Sure, my spirit guide orchestrated it but all these events had in common a sudden change of circumstance.

Remember in this light the many vietnam vets using heroin daily in 'nam and coming home and just -not using any of it ever anymore- without issue.

Maybe something like that happened to you, the Tx outages (I had fam in them) being the change of circumstance breaking the rhythm of a pre existing asddiction.

You know it with opioids too, some patients can shovel it when ill and walk out of it when they are cured.

The patients left the morphine in the hospital,
The vietnam veterans left the heroin in 'nam,
I left methoxetamine in my ultimate trip,
You left gabapentin in the Tx power outages.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #27216228 -

Jokeshopbeard said:
What kind of effects does it have, pleasant or otherwise?

I'v never heard of it doing much aside of making people feel sleepy...




The first time I did a high dose it was incredible. I started with 900 then dosed 300 every half hour with some fatty foods. It hit after  about 3 hours, pure euphoria and relaxation. I think I did about 3.2g. My body felt like I was drunk, mind felt like I was on a low dose opiate mixed with a stimulant, music was awesome.

Never quite got those effects again though even at higher doses. Morrow you’re lucky, after a week on it I had moderate WD’s, I was fine for a day then felt like I had the flu for another 4 days after with pretty bad rebound anxiety. I have bad wd’s to pretty much everything though... my brain just doesn’t respond well to drugs at all anymore

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: feevers]
    #27216344 -

I'm gonna go pick it up. it's handy to have around, especially if you're not dependent on it

that's a good description of what the high is like, feevers. I was able to get high on it for several years whenever I felt like it by taking like 5x my prescribed dose, and I suppose I still could, but I haven't tried in like 5 years. just lost interest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216448 -

Mescaline and gabbapentin is an unknown combo of the GODS. With that said, WD for gabbs are silent, your body is still going through a change your just not gonna feel that Big WD, there is a big risk of heart condition development with uprupt stoppage of the use of gabbs. Just some info.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: Grungeman17]
    #27216538 -

Gabapentin potentiates the visual aspect of all hallucinogens/psychedelics somewhat, and can increase the likelihood that your trip will be a euphoric one. Can also decrease the therapeutic potential IMO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216568 -

Morrow, if you dont plan to abuse it and you don't feel any different without it, why are you going to get it again?

Is there something here I'm missing?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: metalfaith]
    #27216632 -

in someone who is not physically dependent (and frankly, to a much greater extent than with benzos, even those who are dependent), it can be a great non-intoxicating anxiolytic. I'm not planning to abuse it any more than someone who has a script for 10mg of valium 3x a day is abusing valium by only taking one 10mg valium as-needed for situations that warrant it




the above descriptions of the gabapentin "high" only occur in people who are naive to gabapentinoids and take 3x what they are prescribed, or people who take it regularly and take 8-10x what they are prescribed. I haven't done anything like that in at least 5 years. I don't even think it would work the way it did when I was naive if I tried. But I don't care to- I'm not looking to get high, but I do like to be on top of my game at all times.


I don't personally view using drugs without a "medical need" as necessarily constituting abuse. some things can be performance enhancers. everyone's case is different. someone who uses viagra just to make sex even more enjoyable despite the fact that they are capable of having sex without it, for example, is not abusing it in my mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216641 -

morrowasted said:
Been taking 400mg gabapentin tid for many years. Like 8+. I was always told by others that coming off of it would be difficult. Because of the power outages in texas i have been forced to go without it since monday. I felt no difference at all. :shrug:


Seems like a pretty solid med to me if it works decently well and has little dependency associated issues but maybe i am just a freak

I think i will pick it up but no longer use it daily




Pretty low dose, but after eight years, no signs of permanent tremors?


--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216645 -

morrowasted said:
in someone who is not physically dependent (and frankly, to a much greater extent than with benzos, even those who are dependent), it can be a great non-intoxicating anxiolytic. I'm not planning to abuse it any more than someone who has a script for 10mg of valium 3x a day is abusing valium by only taking one 10mg valium as-needed for situations that warrant it




the above descriptions of the gabapentin "high" only occur in people who are naive to gabapentinoids and take 3x what they are prescribed, or people who take it regularly and take 8-10x what they are prescribed. I haven't done anything like that in at least 5 years. I don't even think it would work the way it did when I was naive if I tried. But I don't care to- I'm not looking to get high, but I do like to be on top of my game at all times.


I don't personally view using drugs without a "medical need" as necessarily constituting abuse. some things can be performance enhancers. everyone's case is different. someone who uses viagra just to make sex even more enjoyable despite the fact that they are capable of having sex without it, for example, is not abusing it in my mind.



Somewhere along the lines using a drug recreationally became synonymous with abuse.  It's worse with some drugs (stims/downers) than others like psychedelics.  If you are capable of using a drug safely, for a short time, just to get high recreationally, and studies show this applies to about 80% of drug users, then that is not abuse.


--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: Ice Nine]
    #27216655 -

Ice9 said:
Pretty low dose, but after eight years, no signs of permanent tremors?



not yet


A comparison of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of pregabalin and gabapentin

Quote:
Gabapentin is absorbed slowly after oral administration, with maximum plasma concentrations attained within 3-4 hours. Orally administered gabapentin exhibits saturable absorption--a nonlinear (zero-order) process--making its pharmacokinetics less predictable. Plasma concentrations of gabapentin do not increase proportionally with increasing dose.



Quote:
The absolute bioavailability of gabapentin drops from 60% to 33% as the dosage increases from 900 to 3600 mg/day, while the absolute bioavailability of pregabalin remains at > or = 90% irrespective of the dosage.



So basically a person taking 900mg is absorbing 540mg and a person taking 3600mg is absorbing 1188mg- twice as much despite the oral dose being 4x greater.


I'm wondering if my diet has somehow been interfering with the absorption of gabapentin such that even though I've been taking it, I've barely been getting any into my system, so that discontinuing it was basically a physiological nonevent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: Ice Nine]
    #27216662 -

Ice9 said:
morrowasted said:
in someone who is not physically dependent (and frankly, to a much greater extent than with benzos, even those who are dependent), it can be a great non-intoxicating anxiolytic. I'm not planning to abuse it any more than someone who has a script for 10mg of valium 3x a day is abusing valium by only taking one 10mg valium as-needed for situations that warrant it




the above descriptions of the gabapentin "high" only occur in people who are naive to gabapentinoids and take 3x what they are prescribed, or people who take it regularly and take 8-10x what they are prescribed. I haven't done anything like that in at least 5 years. I don't even think it would work the way it did when I was naive if I tried. But I don't care to- I'm not looking to get high, but I do like to be on top of my game at all times.


I don't personally view using drugs without a "medical need" as necessarily constituting abuse. some things can be performance enhancers. everyone's case is different. someone who uses viagra just to make sex even more enjoyable despite the fact that they are capable of having sex without it, for example, is not abusing it in my mind.



Somewhere along the lines using a drug recreationally became synonymous with abuse.  It's worse with some drugs (stims/downers) than others like psychedelics.  If you are capable of using a drug safely, for a short time, just to get high recreationally, and studies show this applies to about 80% of drug users, then that is not abuse.



I'm not even talking about getting high, though.

I hate amphetamines, but I don't think someone that doesn't hate them and uses a 30mg adderall XR a handful of times every year to crank out an academic paper is abusing it even if they could have written the paper without it. I don't think they're using it to get high. It just makes it easier to focus on the task at hand. As long as they can handle doing this without developing an addiction, I see it as being totally neutral- or arguably even pro-social- behavior

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27216693 -

i take that for nerve pain :awecid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: ShroomedOcean]
    #27216717 -

yeah seemingly everyone and their mother is scripted lyrica or gabapentin these days for one reason or another





I just found this, I think it explains what happened with me

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tips.2013.04.001

The diverse therapeutic actions of pregabalin: is a single mechanism responsible for several
pharmacological activities?

Quote:
The affinity of pregabalin and gabapentin binding to a2-
d proteins (Kd) is nanomolar, whereas the physiological
actions of these drugs are usually in the low micromolar
range. One likely reason for this discrepancy is that endogenous a2-d ligands from living tissues (e.g., L-leucine,
L-isoleucine, L-valine)




https://doi.org/10.1016%2Fj.tips.2007.03.005
Functional biology of the a2d subunits
of voltage-gated calcium channels

Quote:
Both of these results
suggest that endogenous small-molecule ligands, such as
the hydrophobic amino acids leucine and isoleucine, might
normally occupy the site to which gabapentin binds



About two months ago I started an amino acid regimen I found in a book, in order to stop vaping and generally reduce obsessives thoughts and behaviors, which includes large amounts of l-leucine on an empty stomach. maybe it has been outcompeting the gabapentin?


not gonna lie I feel pretty sleuthy at the moment. all the literature in the world is at our fingertips

Edited by morrowasted (02/20/21 01:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gabapentin WD was nothing...? [Re: morrowasted]
    #27218420 -

Dosed some gabapentin for the first time in awhile today, this thread inspired me to give it another shot.
1200mg at 11am (With seltzer and fish oil)
900mg at 11:30am (With seltzer and cashews)
600mg at 12pm (With peanut butter)
300mg at 12:30pm
300mg at 1:00pm
300mg at 1:30pm
300mg at 2:00pm
300mg at 2:30pm

3.5 hours in I feel a little looser, a little sloppy. I have lingering anxiety/agitation from a nicotine/caffeine/Kratom hangover/withdrawal that I was hoping the gabapentin would eliminate, but it’s still there. I do feel more chatty but my mood is not great.

Usually hour 4-5 is when it takes off for me. I have work tomorrow so I’m gonna stop dosing and see what happens... mainly made this post to keep track of my doses and how much I’ve taken. My memory gets really foggy once it kicks in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Used gabapentin to get off phenibut, now gabapentin makes me feel weird
( 1 2 all )
CatsLoveHouseMusic 871 24 07/06/20 02:11 AM
by TheEschatologist
* Anyone Take Gabapentin?
( 1 2 all )
mysticalmagickal 762 21 02/06/20 10:52 PM
by mysticalmagickal
* Gabapentin
( 1 2 3 4 all )
fuel on the fire 8,124 66 08/18/16 11:26 AM
by Moonshoe
* Opiate WD Exotica1 432 11 07/05/16 12:27 AM
by shLong
* .
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
AnonymousRabbit 4,655 96 12/01/11 12:15 AM
by Acaterpillar
* Alcohol WD MikeTesserect 335 6 12/13/16 01:35 PM
by rogue_pixie
* Gabapentin and Pregabalin may cause serious brain deterioration, also possibly birth defects
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 1,472 32 01/28/17 04:51 PM
by birdeatingspider
* Surprised not to be suffering WDs
( 1 2 3 all )
gENERIX 2,517 46 11/04/12 09:01 PM
by Nova

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
648 topic views. 7 members, 15 guests and 174 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.