Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Preparing for an ayahuasca experience
    #2663303 - 05/11/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm aware that there may be a certain futility to this question, but you never know.

I'm going to be taking an ayahuasca (mimosa hostilis an syrian rue) brew with a friend at 5:00pm. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prepare myself. What do other people do? All I can think of is doing capoeira and prayer/meditation. Anybody have words of wisdom I could carry with me on my journey?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: entiformatie]
    #2663315 - 05/11/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

eat lightly..... it'll all be coming back up :smile:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #2663396 - 05/11/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'd suggest just fasting and meditating. I'm going to be taking ayahuasca in a couple weeks and I'm definitely looking foward to it :smile:. Let us know how your experience is

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: deff]
    #2663577 - 05/11/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm taking a voyage next week. I am making some right now. I'm going to go camping this time. I am excited.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2663599 - 05/11/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

how does aya compare to say, mushrooms?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: gdman]
    #2663721 - 05/11/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, I've been fasting. Just got out of math class. Gonna go back to my place, prepare a bit, and down the brew. I'll be back to let you guys know how it went. :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
    #2669109 - 05/12/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, it was definitely interesting. Took around 8 grams of mimosa root bark with 3 grams of syrian rue seeds, and split the drink with a friend. She felt a little sick, and got a headache, but not trip. I think it's cause she kept herself in the apartment.

I came on fast; within 5 minutes I was giggly and light-headed. I made myself throw up cause my stomach was hurting a bit. I went onto my campus. I smoked some pot on a roof. Walked about a bit and the floor began to breathe (my friend experienced that as well, but that's it). My body felt funny. I hung over a pond and watched trutles. I have never before noticed the intricate patterns on their shells. Beautiful. The water rippling, the sounds around me, everything began to come together. It felt good.

I see a lot of potential for this. At a low dose it is pretty aweing. I can't even imagine at a higher dose. I'm gonna shroom soon, so I don't want to give this a try again too soon, until I can put together everything from my upcoming mushroom trip together.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2669187 - 05/12/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm planning on making a brew of 1oz b. caapi vine and 1oz p. viridis leaves in the next couple of weeks. I've researched other reports and this seems like a moderate amount, but still a lot for sure. Think this would be a good amount?

--------------------

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: deff]
    #2708944 - 05/20/04 11:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, 2 people just tried ayahuasca for the first time.

2 teaspoons of syrian rue seeds were ground up in a coffee grinder, then brought to a low boil with vinegar and some water (pH 3-5) for about 10 minutes. The stuff was filtered through a coffee filter. Separately, 16 grams of mimosa hostilis root bark were ground up with 3 vitamin C pills (each 500mg). The MHRB was brought to a low boil in vinegar/water (pH 2-4) for about 20 minutes, then filtered through the coffee filter. After it was filtered, 2 more cups of water were ran through the filter with the bark in it.

The 2 people drank the rue seed tea, then about 20 minutes later they started to drink the mimosa tea. Both of them puked after about 10 minutes of drinking (about halfway through). Both of them finished the drinks then one of the people puked again. For both of them, the trip was really light (just body high with no visuals or mind trip). It was probably because they puked too soon, is there any way to delay the vomiting? Or is there anything else that could improve the results? (Maybe soaking the stuff for 3 days in cold acidic water then filtering) Thanks

Edited by thepodman (05/21/04 02:46 PM)

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: thepodman]
    #2709778 - 05/21/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think you meant "delay" the vomiting. I don't think you want to prolong it.

Heh.

I'd suggest either smoking herb, which acts as an anti-emetic, or maybe taking a therapeutic dose of dramamine before-hand. I don't know how either would interact with the ayahuasca, though. I'd get some more informed opinions than mine, if I were you.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2759413 - 06/03/04 01:13 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

be ready to puke, but not TOO ready - hold it down for at least 45 minutes or so, but don't be ashamed if/when you have to throw up, because the stomache does NOT have nearly as much fun on this stuff as your brain does.

edit: also; make noises

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Aya compared to mush [Re: gdman]
    #2760688 - 06/03/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Aya's my favorite by far, but it's been almost a year and I still haven't gotten around to trying it again. 

You may get nauseous on shrooms, but you're almost certain to puke on ayahuasca.  However, once you puke -- which is usually just as you're coming up -- the nausea disappears and you're free to fully enjoy your trip.

When I did aya, I spent most of the time on my back with my eyes closed.  The CEVs are fantastic, and much 'clearer', more well-defined, and, for lack of a better word, electric, than those of shroom trips. 

You also tend to interact with entities and environments more than with shrooms, in my experience.  I found the entire experience to be very up and active, mentally; the body high was very pleasant; indeed, the whole experience was positively sensual.

I definitely recommend ayahuasca to anyone who wants to try it.  Just be careful of MAOI interactions, and remember to have something available to puke in when you need to.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: thepodman]
    #2760708 - 06/03/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Naw, you guys just didn't do enough. I'd recommend 3g rue and 10-15g M. hostilis rootbark each, for a good experience. I also let my stuff steep after boiling for 24 hours before filtering.

Also, the CEVs with this stuff are fantastic; close your eyes, preferably with good music going in the background.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

Offlinemuffelina81
Stranger
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: Strumpling]
    #2762469 - 06/04/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ah cool ! Good luck with ayahuasca! The holly  drink of Amzons!
YOu can also do some blessing with tabacco smoke while you boil it. Its meant to protect the drink from bad spirits.
Well, I think if you hold the drink in for 20-30 minutes you will be fine. I usually start tripping right after puking.
Get some really cool trippy music, I found "Deep forest" Cds really good for ayahuasca. They bring you into a jungle athmosphere and help you to float with it.  :wink:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Re: Preparing for an ayahuasca experience [Re: muffelina81]
    #2764501 - 06/04/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Shpongle is my favorite for aya.  :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag