Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Why Is Life So Terrible?
    #2643600 - 05/05/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Man, last year my parents got a divorce. It was very messy, with accusations of cheating and whatnot. Evern since then, my Mom has been borderline psychotic, trying to make my Dad's life a living hell, even though she won't gain anthing from it.

I was at college for the last year, but I just came home and my Mom is starting problems with me already for sticking up for my dad. She just flies off the handle for the litlest things, and tells me I'm worthless and like my Dad (even though I don't think being like my Dad is a bad thing). She is so totally selfish, and she won't accept anyone's opinions if they don't agree with her's.

The worst part is that I have to live with her. My Dad is often gone in different states and countries for business, and I don't have enough money to begin renting an apartment, so I'm stuck in this situation. It is really making me miserable, and I am afraid to even talk to my Mom, b/c she could blow up over anything.

I have a little bro and sis, too. That's what I really feel bad about. They have to sit through this crap all the time. At least I get to escape to school after the summer.

I just needed to rant a little bit. I know this isn't as serious or anything as like those addicted to substances or those who are contemplating suicide, but I just needed to get this out.

Thanks for listening in advance. :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Why Is Life So Terrible? [Re: Redstorm]
    #2643622 - 05/05/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah....divorce isn't fun.  My parents divorced when I was 6, confusing for a little fuck.  Anyway, you'll get through this.  Some things just seem like a big deal until you look at other people's lives you know?  Happy trails. :smile:

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinellamaherder
brother

#2643624 - 05/05/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my moms a little crazy too man. its a shame how severely the american way of life can damage one's psyche. just remember, it's not her fault. stay strong, you're the man of the house, and do fun stuff with your siblings like take em to the zoo and what not. mother's day is this sunday - do something nice :smile: giving feels great

--------------------
the post above is completely fictional.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why Is Life So Terrible? [Re: llamaherder]
    #2643630 - 05/05/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I'm gonna get her something. She's fine most of the time, but when she gets mad at me, it stays that way for like a week. Unfortunately she got mad at me yesterday.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why Is Life So Terrible? [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2643636 - 05/05/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, thats why I felt like an idiot posting this here. It's so minor of a problem compared to lots of other people's, but I just wanted to vent.

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2643639 - 05/05/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Understandable.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2644350 - 05/06/04 05:00 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hey dude,
sorry you're going through a rough patch right now with your mom.  :frown:  To tell you the truth, she sounds alot like my husband's mother, who wouldn't let him see his dad ever and got pissy when he even spoke about his father.  I wish that parents could see how damaging and hurtful it is when they pull this shit.  Just try to hold your head high and be there for your little brother and sister.  I think that you're a great person for wanting to look out for them. 

I hope things get better soon  :heart:

truly,

*me*

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2644860 - 05/06/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all of your replies. It really means a lot to me. Anyways, I'm just gonna stick it out and hopefully my Mom will come to her senses one of thse days.

~Peace

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2651509 - 05/07/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Life is terrible when one looks for terror

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2652536 - 05/08/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Broken marriages and traumatized kids is reflective of the trinity for me and the plurality of the truths from the different perspectives.

It's hard on the kids, the wives and the husbands. Life is hard, but I don't think it has to be.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2652814 - 05/08/04 07:47 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

it might be worth a try to convince your mom the get the household involved with a family counselor; sometimes an unbiased lisener can help quite a bit; tell your mom that you and the kids are "hurting" & could use some help here...
(of course, she may not go for it at all!)(the kids could even talk to the school counselor...)
could set up joint sessions or individual seesion... & it is quite possible that her work insurance would cover the majority of the bill...
ummmm, good luck with wading theough shit creek... you will survive, ok? you just gotta keep on walkin' on... love your siblings, love your dad, even love (or at least ummmm tolerate) your mom... you can make it...
hang in there...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1