Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26226386 -

I checked other boards that are the same thing and they all say 3.6v so I bought the board to drop down the voltage amazon strikes again. I guess I will have to wait again I am sorry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26226387 -

OK, but what do you have, can you show it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26226392 -

these are the best pics I could get...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26226396 -

Lol it says 3.3v OMG I'm an idiot!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26226403 -

I see now, this is 3.3V board without regulator from 5V to 3.3V
The same that what I have.

So go for converter (level shifting) board while I prepare next test with that board.
It makes sense to not have regulator on sensor board so it could be replacable/swappable more cheap.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26226409 -

Thanks for all your help, my friend!! I am sorry that was a dumb mistake on my part!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26226724 -

Test #2: Converter

The purpose of this test is to incorporate level shifting converter so we could use 3.3V sensor and not burn it.
Program stays the same.
If everything fine -- the result on screen should be the same.
My prototype looks like this:


It is very difficult to repeat it looking on the picture, so here are all the circuits that this prototype consists of:

Code:
ORANGE:     Uno (3.3V)----------------Converter (LV)
RED: Uno (5V)------------------Converter (HV)-----------Monitor (VCC)
BLACK: Uno (GND)-----------------Converter (Left GND)
Converter (Right GND)-----Monitor (GND)
YELLOW: Uno (A5)------------------Converter (HV1)
WHITE: Uno (A4)------------------Converter (HV2)
BREADBOARD: Converter (LV2)-----------Monitor (SDA)
BREADBOARD: Converter (LV1)-----------Monitor (SCL)



Will you be able to repeat this circuit?
Once you've hooked it up, don't power it up, let me first see it.

Edited by bogdancev (10/03/19 07:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26227331 -

Yes, I can repeat the circuit if I had the board I have to wait 4 days for the board because I made that stupid mistake of trusting Amazon descriptions. I like the way you do things you make it very easy. I believe anyone can follow your instructions. Are you a teacher?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26227416 -

OK, so we wait, let me know here when you are ready again.

Meanwhile I'll finish the code.

No, I'm not a teacher, just a father.

Also once we've done with prototyping we would like to put things together. One way would be to plug in a shield on top of Uno and solder monitor, converter and sensor connector to it.

These I can get locally for cheap:
this
this

Maybe see if you can find something like that locally on your side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev] * 1
    #26244689 -

I finished code, it is fully working now.
I soldered header pins of my sensor in the same order as is on your board.
Add following connections to previous test:
Code:

GND (Sensor board) ---------------------- to any GND
3.3V (Sensor board) --------------------- LV (Converter) or 3.3V (Uno)
SDA (Sensor board) ---------------------- LV2 (Converter)
SCL (Sensor board) ---------------------- LV1 (Converter)


Note: SDA and SCL data pins are 5V signals and thus they go through convertor board to become 3.3V signals.



Code:

#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SSD1306.h>

//CRC-8 (x^8 x^5 x^4 1) lookup table
static const byte CRC_8_TABLE[256] =
{
0x00, 0x31, 0x62, 0x53, 0xC4, 0xF5, 0xA6, 0x97, 0xB9, 0x88, 0xDB, 0xEA, 0x7D, 0x4C, 0x1F, 0x2E,
0x43, 0x72, 0x21, 0x10, 0x87, 0xB6, 0xE5, 0xD4, 0xFA, 0xCB, 0x98, 0xA9, 0x3E, 0x0F, 0x5C, 0x6D,
0x86, 0xB7, 0xE4, 0xD5, 0x42, 0x73, 0x20, 0x11, 0x3F, 0x0E, 0x5D, 0x6C, 0xFB, 0xCA, 0x99, 0xA8,
0xC5, 0xF4, 0xA7, 0x96, 0x01, 0x30, 0x63, 0x52, 0x7C, 0x4D, 0x1E, 0x2F, 0xB8, 0x89, 0xDA, 0xEB,
0x3D, 0x0C, 0x5F, 0x6E, 0xF9, 0xC8, 0x9B, 0xAA, 0x84, 0xB5, 0xE6, 0xD7, 0x40, 0x71, 0x22, 0x13,
0x7E, 0x4F, 0x1C, 0x2D, 0xBA, 0x8B, 0xD8, 0xE9, 0xC7, 0xF6, 0xA5, 0x94, 0x03, 0x32, 0x61, 0x50,
0xBB, 0x8A, 0xD9, 0xE8, 0x7F, 0x4E, 0x1D, 0x2C, 0x02, 0x33, 0x60, 0x51, 0xC6, 0xF7, 0xA4, 0x95,
0xF8, 0xC9, 0x9A, 0xAB, 0x3C, 0x0D, 0x5E, 0x6F, 0x41, 0x70, 0x23, 0x12, 0x85, 0xB4, 0xE7, 0xD6,
0x7A, 0x4B, 0x18, 0x29, 0xBE, 0x8F, 0xDC, 0xED, 0xC3, 0xF2, 0xA1, 0x90, 0x07, 0x36, 0x65, 0x54,
0x39, 0x08, 0x5B, 0x6A, 0xFD, 0xCC, 0x9F, 0xAE, 0x80, 0xB1, 0xE2, 0xD3, 0x44, 0x75, 0x26, 0x17,
0xFC, 0xCD, 0x9E, 0xAF, 0x38, 0x09, 0x5A, 0x6B, 0x45, 0x74, 0x27, 0x16, 0x81, 0xB0, 0xE3, 0xD2,
0xBF, 0x8E, 0xDD, 0xEC, 0x7B, 0x4A, 0x19, 0x28, 0x06, 0x37, 0x64, 0x55, 0xC2, 0xF3, 0xA0, 0x91,
0x47, 0x76, 0x25, 0x14, 0x83, 0xB2, 0xE1, 0xD0, 0xFE, 0xCF, 0x9C, 0xAD, 0x3A, 0x0B, 0x58, 0x69,
0x04, 0x35, 0x66, 0x57, 0xC0, 0xF1, 0xA2, 0x93, 0xBD, 0x8C, 0xDF, 0xEE, 0x79, 0x48, 0x1B, 0x2A,
0xC1, 0xF0, 0xA3, 0x92, 0x05, 0x34, 0x67, 0x56, 0x78, 0x49, 0x1A, 0x2B, 0xBC, 0x8D, 0xDE, 0xEF,
0x82, 0xB3, 0xE0, 0xD1, 0x46, 0x77, 0x24, 0x15, 0x3B, 0x0A, 0x59, 0x68, 0xFF, 0xCE, 0x9D, 0xAC
};

Adafruit_SSD1306 display(128, 32, &Wire, 4);
float resultRH;
unsigned int rawResultRH;
byte bufferRH[3], CRC;
int index;

void setup() {
Wire.begin();
Wire.setClock(10000);

display.begin(SSD1306_SWITCHCAPVCC, 0x3C);
display.clearDisplay();
display.setTextSize(2);
display.setTextColor(WHITE);
display.cp437(true);
}

void loop() {
//Triggering RH measurement
Wire.beginTransmission(0x40);
Wire.write(0xE5);
Wire.endTransmission();

//Requesting result (3 bytes: 2 bytes for value and 1 for checksum)
Wire.requestFrom(0x40, 3);
index = 2;
while(Wire.available()) {
bufferRH[index] = Wire.read();
if(0 == index) {
//Trying to display result if it's correct
showRH();
break;
}
index--;
}
delay(700);
}

void showRH() {
display.clearDisplay();
display.setCursor(0, 10);

if(checkChecksum(bufferRH[2], bufferRH[1], bufferRH[0])) {
rawResultRH = (bufferRH[2] << 8) | (bufferRH[1] & B11111100);
resultRH = rawResultRH * 125.0 / 65536.0 - 6.0;
display.print("RH:");
display.print(resultRH, 1);
display.print("%");
}
else
display.print("RH: error");
display.display();
}

bool checkChecksum(byte MSB, byte LSB, byte checksum) {
CRC = 0;
CRC = CRC_8_TABLE[CRC ^ MSB];
CRC = CRC_8_TABLE[CRC ^ LSB];
if(CRC == checksum) return true;
return false;
}



Note: I added missing #include <Adafruit_GFX.h> line from previous test.

Next I will try to silicone my sensor board to be able to test in hash environment.
And then buy shield and make it look like real device.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26249963 -

Sorry I got sick had a heart attack I just got out of the hospitial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26249998 -

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are intact and able to carry on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26250031 -

They put a stent in and I feel fine now But it was a little scary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26250897 -

What is your plan for this project? Are you going to continue?
Should I wait until you hookup the circuit and reproduce what I have done?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26252050 -

I am definitely going to continue But I hate to hold you up if you want to get this done. It will be a couple more days before I am home

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26252174 -

Damn dude, scary. Get well soon!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: DutchMyco]
    #26255292 -

Got shield delivered today.

Broke off the bottom part:


Positioned all necessary parts:


Soldered everything together according to last test above:


Plugged shield on top of Uno, attached sensor and switched it on, everything works:


Next is to silicone the sensor and change program to show temperature too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev] * 1
    #26258169 -

I went to put things together today and my solder station is not working. So I bought one from amazon it will be here tomorrow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26258190 -

Nice, looking forward to see your version of the device.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: !!Arduino programer needed!! [Re: bogdancev]
    #26259151 -

:popcorn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need some type of medicinal mushroom... Ichydai 4,693 12 10/15/02 07:14 AM
by Anonymous
* Help! Pure agar cultures needed. Some trades available! Basidiocarp 4,465 17 01/26/04 07:53 AM
by ChromeCrow
* We need one or two mods for this forum. ThorA 1,744 12 09/26/02 11:51 AM
by psyconaut
* In need of pink oyster spores colors 3,313 7 09/07/02 07:28 PM
by colors
* i need a pic of a yellow morel plate please ChromeCrow 2,325 10 11/22/03 11:11 AM
by FocusHawaii
* Gourmet/Edible Cultures Needed. Joshua 2,136 6 02/10/04 02:42 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Just Recieved Cultures - need ID Joshua 1,524 15 03/10/04 12:50 PM
by Joshua
* Advice Needed For Sending Cultures Jackal 2,131 14 03/26/03 06:10 PM
by FocusHawaii

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
7,787 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.