Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods]
    #26171141 -

Are you saying the pictures Trump posted were faked?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26171220 -

I’m saying that neither you nor him appear to understand what’s those graphics are

Those are chances and reasonable expected times of tropical storm force winds. Alabama had a 15% chance of seeing tropical force winds. Trump said Alabama was going to get hit (much) harder than expected. If you think those graphics come even close to justifying his statement you’re a fucking tool. Not to mention those graphics were already days old when he made that statement.

Edited by koods (09/05/19 06:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26171238 -

They were outdated data that the NWS had to issue a correction over before it caused panic.

0751: In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated.
0811: Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east.

In my mind it only indicates further his administrations attempt to control "the truth" and I can't help but be reminded of Orwell's writings:

Nazi theory indeed specifically denies that such a thing as "the truth" exists. ... The implied objective of this line of thought is a nightmare world in which the Leader, or some ruling clique, controls not only the future but the past. If the Leader says of such and such an event, "It never happened" – well, it never happened. If he says that two and two are five – well, two and two are five. This prospect frightens me much more than bombs.
- Orwell, Looking Back on the Spanish War


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #26171262 -

shivas.wisdom said:
They were outdated data that the NWS had to issue a correction over before it caused panic.



Again, the closer a hurricane gets, the more accurate the predictions become.

Trump may well have relied on data that was later updated as the hurricane grew closer.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26171271 -

He made the original verbal statement at FEMA headquarters after getting a briefing. The man either lied or is totally incompetent. The graphics he is using to justify his statements were days old and no longer even close to accurate. Gimme a break dude.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods] * 2
    #26171280 -

koods said:
The graphics he is using to justify his statements were days old and no longer even close to accurate. Gimme a break dude.



That may be.  But Alabama was forecast to be in the path at some point and Trump correctly remembered that.

The funny thing is that the guy in the OPs video says people are dead from this storm but Trump was worried about defending himself.

Yes, people are dead form this storm, but CNN is worried about attacking Trump.

TDS is everywhere.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods]
    #26171294 -

During the fema meeting he is constantly told where the storm is going (to the north) and he repeatedly questions “what are the chances it goes straight.” He is repeatedly told the states affected are Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.



Then he tweets that alabama is going to get hit much harder than expected.

This behavior is really bizarre. He is almost fetishizing Alabama. Regardless his tweet was totally inaccurate and was either a lie or due to incompetence.

The only TDS is the deranged people who think calling out trump on his lies is deranged. CNN just interviewed the health minister of the Bahamas. You don’t know what you’re taking about.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods] * 1
    #26171304 -

I hit find it amazing that anyone would defend this kind of behavior from a leader. When you make a mistake you say it was a mistake. You don’t double. Triple... (what’s the word for doing something eight times) down. When the national weather service corrected his tweet, that should have been it. Instead he called them fake news. The truth is an acceptable victim in his need to never be wrong. It’s seriously disturbing and Orwellian.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods]
    #26171437 -

koods said:
During the fema meeting he is constantly told where the storm is going (to the north) and he repeatedly questions “what are the chances it goes straight.” He is repeatedly told the states affected are Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.





For those that aren't fans of koods' make believe, watch 3:23 where Trump asks "what do you think chances that it goes directly straight, as the original predictions were?".  The answer was "Ya, this is, that's well inside this cone.  This kind of gets to the variability in that forecast track.  And what's happened with time, once it's slowed down, the forecasts had to nudge to the north..."

At 4:14 Trump asks "How certain are you that it will go north?".  The answer was "Every single computer model that we have is pulling us to the North, but the big question we have is about where that center is going to go".  And that's why we're really trying to communicate the edge of that cone."

koods said:
Then he tweets that alabama is going to get hit much harder than expected.  This behavior is really bizarre. He is almost fetishizing Alabama.



Not quite.  He tweeted "In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!"

koods said:
The only TDS is the deranged people who think calling out trump on his lies is deranged. CNN just interviewed the health minister of the Bahamas. You don’t know what you’re taking about.



I don't know what I'm talking about because CNN just interviewed the health minister of the Bahamas???
:whateveryousayfreak:

Everyone is free to watch the video and correct me where I'm wrong.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26171445 -

Well you pretty much explained it correctly.

He asks if it is going straight (towards Alabama) he is repeatedly told all models say it is going north (not towards Alabama). He then tweets that Alabama is going to be hit harder than anticipated (sorry I used the word expected - don’t be so anal). The weather service then corrected his mistake. Now he’s spent four days trying to prove he as right all along. It’s is worth mentioning that Alabama saw ZERO effects.



--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (09/05/19 08:52 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods] * 1
    #26171460 -

Falcon defending a pathological liar is cracking me up! Falcon thank you
A much needed belly laugh. Thank God Alabama was spared


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Citizen X]
    #26171464 -

Trump will still dispatch fema to Alabama. It’s a joke but also more likely than the hurricane hitting Alabama


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: koods]
    #26171470 -

I can’t stop laughing


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Citizen X]
    #26171548 -

Citizen X said:
Falcon defending a pathological liar is cracking me up!



For me it's not just about taking sides - it's about defending the truth.  I hate Trump, but I don't think that gives us the right to make believe things about him, like that he colluded with Russia or that he intentionally misled people about Alabama.

Koods' video clearly showed that Alabama WAS "well inside" the prediction zone for the hurricane's center, and his tweet wasn't that Alabama would get hit harder, it was that "Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated."  That's not an unreasonable statement given the hurricane was expected to be stronger than originally projected.



That's why I respect people like Jimmy Dore.  Jimmy is a huge Bernie fan, but he'll still be critical of Bernie where criticism is due.  Here's a clip from the show I was at this past weekend in San Francisco:



--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26171556 -

Defending the truth and Donald Trump shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. Sorry brother that’s TDS

I couldn’t get past the first sentence


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Citizen X]
    #26171561 -

Citizen X said:
Defending the truth and Donald Trump shouldn’t be used in the same sentence.



Ok, you're free to make believe things to your heart's content.  We had the same discussion about Trump collusion with Russia, which you since lost.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26171568 -

I hope he wins a second term.


--------------------


Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26171590 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
That's why I respect people like Jimmy Dore.



very few intelligent people on the medias, i agree about jimmy dore, and joe rogan seems to do alright, but in the end their impact will be limited, the average citizen seeks out what they want to believe


--------------------
evil always wins, good can only do good, evil will lie and cheat until it fools good into doing evil

freedom is the ability to take wrong action, right actions are constrained by nature

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong *DELETED* [Re: killingravensun]
    #26171614 -

Post deleted by TheStallionMang

Reason for deletion: im out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump allegedly lies & doctors map of hurricane Dorian, to pretend a tweet he sent was not wrong [Re: TheStallionMang] * 1
    #26171877 -

- 09/06/19 07:23 AM EDT
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/460201-report-trump-was-the-one-who-marked-up-dorian-map-with-sharpie
Quote:
President Trump was the one who doctored a projection of Hurricane Dorian's path before the map was displayed during a White House meeting between Trump and acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, according to a White House official.

An unnamed official told The Washington Post that Trump himself edited the map provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to include a projection that included the state of Alabama.

“No one else writes like that on a map with a black Sharpie,” the official told the news outlet...



:burke:
:kingtard: . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* An Unnatural Disaster: A Hurricane Exposes the Man-Made Disaster of the Welfare State lonestar2004 874 8 09/02/05 02:41 PM
by Adden
* Hurricanes "smoking gun" of global warming
( 1 2 all )
Alex213 3,037 22 09/25/05 04:13 AM
by psilomonkey
* Global warming may reduce hurricanes hitting U.S. Luddite 618 4 01/29/08 03:41 PM
by lonestar2004
* Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
Citizen X 5,661 371 10/25/19 07:52 AM
by koods
* lies from the officials on hurricane katrina ZippoZM 339 0 09/02/05 04:50 PM
by ZippoZ
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
AnonymousRabbit 4,423 52 01/21/09 02:39 PM
by zappaisgod
* Map Reveals Wind Power Potential GazzBut 1,907 17 06/02/05 01:52 PM
by looner2
* Authorities Arrest Men With NYC Maps, Video lonestar2004 1,090 15 07/26/05 10:09 PM
by StrandedVoyager

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,275 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.