Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?....
    #26104416 -

The big toenail on my right foot fell off today.

I believe the original damage was done from dancing like a mad man all weekend at a festy a couple months ago...It was raining a lot (dancing in the pouring rain while high as a kite was one of my favorite trips/times in life ever) and I was wearing boots that weren't fully broken in yet, and from dancing around a lot all weekend somehow my toenail got pushed in/up and lifted & seperated a bit off the nail-bed (not much pain was felt, just a slightly sore toe/foot, not much different than how my feet usually feel after lots of dancing or long hikes).

Then a couple weeks ago I went on a backpacking trip.....When I got home from that trip I noticed my big toe nail was kinda separated from the tissue and kinda "loose" looking, I was actually able to wiggle it around a bit. No pain or discomfort at all though.


Fast forward to today...I glanced down at my foot and noticed the nail was pulled back and barely hanging on lol, a gentle tug on it and it pulled off....the whole thing, the entire toenail lol. NO pain at all, just some very very mild "discomfort" around my toe (mostly just a weird feeling having no nail lol, probably psychosomatic).


I just plan on keeping the area clean/dry...I'll probably wrap some gauze around my toe when wearing socks/shoes because the nail-bed (the area usually underneath the nail) is kinda sensitive to the touch. I walk barefoot most of the time, but if I'm wearing socks & shoes I can see the nail-bed becoming a bit irritated.

I read it can take up to 18 months for a new big toenail to grow back lol.

I have another backpacking trip coming up later this month, I hope hiking with no toenail doesn't become an issue lol (it's really not a big deal...but infection is likely somewhat of risk I'd assume, I'll just keep an eye on it at the beginning and end of each day of hiking).




Has anyone else ever lost a toenail or a nail in general?...It is really strange having the entire nail missing on my big toe lol.






-OM

.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: openmind] * 1
    #26104496 -

I hurt a toenail on an obstacle so that it stood on crooked. I bit down on a piece of cloth and pulled it out with a pipe wrench.

*slow metal music playing*


It hurt :cookiemonster:


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Asante]
    #26104539 -

get bigger boots

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26104545 -

I lost my thumbnail once. It's really easy to smash.. sucks balls.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Shroomslip]
    #26104556 -

I've smashed fingers with a hammer on multiple occasions. Almost always when it's cold out so the pain is that much worse. They usually fill with blood and then fall apart soon after. Definitely a weird feeling and you might want to do a practice hike with your pack to make sure everything is ok.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26104644 -

I claw the ground when I run, can't help it, I ran over 40 miles one week and the nail looked bruise then fell right off one day, pretty nuts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26104645 -

lost my thumbnail.

It was a rather slow process, and all extremely painful.

Because it got smashed (not literally, just hit really hard on someones helment) and turned purple/started coming off towards/at the back.

And i played football at the time, it kept snagging peoples pratice jerseys and slowly tearing a little at a time.

it was agonizing because it was still fully connected to the nailbed except for the very back corner at first and every time it would snag a jersey it would rip from the nailbed a little more. I didnt wear gloves because i didnt want to look like a pussy :lol:

I feel like my pain tolerance is pretty high, and it hurt enough to put me down a few times.

one night i sat down and just yanked it off, about half of it was already gone. Well, more like slowly pulled it off. My god that was so traumamtizing :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: openmind]
    #26104657 -

Yeah i have. Its a weird feeling and like u said it doesnt hurt.

About 8 years ago, i was in Hawaii back home. My friends wanted to play soccer at the park, so i put on my old soccer shoes (which are not too small for me). They were tight on my foot but whatevas.

Was kicking the ball around and one time i kicked it, i felt a slight pain in my big toe. Didnt think much of it. Kept playing soccer, but it felt uncomfortable in my feet. Then when i finally took my shoe off to see what was going on, i saw my big toe nail completely came off. It was an odd feeling not having that nail there, a naked feeling.

After that, i kept it bandaged up so it wouldnt feel so weird. Took a whole year to grow back! Learned my lesson, trim your toe nails before playing soccer at the least and wear proper sized shoes!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26104712 -

Cuticles man. Cuticles...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: openmind]
    #26104797 -

From dancing?  I fractured a bone in my foot just from it, a stress fracture, but losing a toenail?  Wow. 

Guess anything is possible at festivals and dancing close to people. Shoe choice  Never heard of that, that must suck and be a really strange feeling that thankfully I have never experienced.  Only from a NFL Q.B. thanking his fans for their support from the Redskins.

Shitty even thinking about it.  Ahhh, time for the next one.  :fuckyeah:  :beer::chillpill:

Strange how it must grow back, just slowly forming all over?  I don't know.  Don't want to research it as this thought sucks, lol.  How ones physiology and anatomy and time work, strange the different beliefs about it.

Edited by Barnaby (07/12/19 07:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: openmind] * 1
    #26104839 -

I lost a finger or thumb nail hitting my hand on the corner of a metal guard for a large conveyor. We made horse feed and I had to cut the twine off the bales before they got to the end. The tool slipped. I think it took 8 months from falling off to grown back. I remember piercing it to relieve the pressure because I could tell it was gonna fall off. Odd feeling, not having a nail. Hard to know the importance of fingernails until you don't have one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #26104857 -

I’ve stubbed the same pinky toe nail recently to where it fell off. One I had to cut off which sucked but it was barely hanging on. I try not to think about it or look at it.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: larry.fisherman] * 1
    #26104869 -

Just like you openmind I smashed up a big toenail a couple of months ago from dancing like a madman for days.

I got in under it with a pin though and let the pressure out, had to prick it a few till it fully settled. Loads of clear stuff mixed with blood came out.

Looked like I might lose it for a while, but its there still. Just kinda has a purple tint that is growing out.

It happens hey.


I've lost other nails before from being hit various ways. After the first one I learned the signs though and get on them quickly to relieve the pressure, however necessary. I've even burned holes in my nails with hot pins to let out blisters underneath. Beats losing them altogether.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Northerner]
    #26105188 -

Ya a few times. It grows back not a big deal.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #26105215 -

I generally shed a big toenail after most ski seasons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: scifipirate]
    #26105532 -

You must have some really tight boots then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: openmind]
    #26105934 -

openmind said:
The big toenail on my right foot fell off today.

I believe the original damage was done from dancing like a mad man all weekend at a festy a couple months ago...It was raining a lot (dancing in the pouring rain while high as a kite was one of my favorite trips/times in life ever) and I was wearing boots that weren't fully broken in yet, and from dancing around a lot all weekend somehow my toenail got pushed in/up and lifted & seperated a bit off the nail-



same exact thing happened to me twice but playing basketball

blood pooled under the nail and then eventually, twice, it just completely came off


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: Nifflerz]
    #26106163 -

I'm losing toenails at a rate of about 2 or 3 a year. I used to drop them from skiing bumps and trees but now it's just like one bad hit and *POOF* it's gone. They're also growing back in weird. They used to grow back all new and baby-like, now it's like the shell of a tortoise. Weird shit.


--------------------
How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: openmind]
    #26106230 -

I've had it happen a couple of times when I was a teenager, generally from injuring it somehow. It was pretty painful as a teenager (possibly more due to the injury than the toenail itself), but people experience less pain the older they get anyway, so I imagine as an adult it might not even hurt. It sucks though, it always feels weird and wrong to me, I definitely try to avoid it.

Plus, one time it happened when I was a teenager, the nail grew back wrong and cut through part of my skin until the skin finally had scarred over enough that it just kinda adapted and stopped bleeding all the time. That fucking sucked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever lose a toenail entirely?.... [Re: nooneman]
    #26106769 -

God, what the fuck?  I have lived a half life and never has even on my pinkie toe has one fallen off.

Been active in sports, hiking hundreds of miles, blisters sucked but so what?  Spread the Goo.  Wow, last thing in life I worry about is losing a nail.  Just curious how it comes back but that is what Google is for.:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ever lose a toe nail? Watch me lose mine...
( 1 2 all )
TameMe 4,813 25 08/12/07 01:27 AM
by Acidic_Sloth
* [Poll]Do you bite your nails? Requiem 1,670 16 06/18/04 08:33 AM
by JaRRn
* i have a tendency to pick my toenails often
( 1 2 all )
tiny_rabid_birds 4,686 25 09/19/07 10:59 PM
by jewunit
* just ripped my toenail out. Fade_To_Black 478 1 11/19/04 02:13 PM
by McKennaFan200
* nail/cuticle/finger biting Atheist 1,083 13 11/09/09 01:01 PM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* PGA Tour player nails a hawk at 75 yards!
( 1 2 all )
Mickalopagus 1,774 21 03/07/08 07:12 PM
by Rebirtha
* I'm glad toenails grow slow TODAY 846 5 07/09/06 02:03 PM
by TODAY
* Flying from UK to Greece with Contraband
( 1 2 all )
andrewf 2,490 26 04/23/08 02:18 PM
by andrewf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
593 topic views. 2 members, 198 guests and 190 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.