Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Keetchy's McKennaii SGFC grow progress
    #26065453 -

Hey peeps. Hope your all well.

So as some of you might know, I started off with a growkit. Yes I know, I am ashamed and I apologise. But I'm gonna see this one through to the end then do it properly and make my own cake next time.

After following advice on here, I have made myself a SGFC and removed the cakes from the tub they came in and stuck them on tinfoil inside the SGFC.

I'll add pics from start to finish. So the 1st pics are of them in the bags.

I am growing them at my brothers place so I cant check up on them every day but I do my best to pop over as much as I can to check they're ok.

Kits arrived and were placed in bags supplied


Cakes after 7 days




After 10 days, only a couple of tiny pins




Bought the stuff I need and made the SGFC






At this point I dunked both kits for 16 hours then placed them in the SGFC









So before removing the cakes from the tubs, pins were starting to shoot out the side of the cake and pressing up against the tubs. This is normal right? But at least now they wont be squashed against the tub and can grow upwards once they're out.

Edited by scorps1212 (06/29/19 08:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212] * 1
    #26065462 -

Im pretty sure you want to see condensation in a shotgun it may be dry in there.The holes look kinda big. You could have put perlite in the bags.Is that on for plastic cups?
Doesn't look to sturdy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: bw86]
    #26065495 -

bw86 said:
Im pretty sure you want to see condensation in a shotgun it may be dry in there.The holes look kinda big. You could have put perlite in the bags.Is that on for plastic cups?
Doesn't look to sturdy.



So should I spray the perlite more to get it more damp? That should increase condensation right? And they are 6.5mm holes I drilled. The Tek I followed said to drill 1/4" holes which is approx 6.3mm. And 2" apart in a grid pattern. Making the SGFC I followed the Tek step by step.
Yeah they are plastic cups. Lol. It's all I had to prop the tote up for now. It is sturdier than it looks bud. Lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26065528 -

If the perlite was soaked it will be fine. Just watch your surface conditions. You want it to glisten not bead up with water and not be dry. People fruit open air.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: Bph]
    #26065548 -

Bph said:
If the perlite was soaked it will be fine. Just watch your surface conditions. You want it to glisten not bead up with water and not be dry. People fruit open air.



Yeah I rinsed the perlite in a bucket and also run water through it while in a siv before putting it in the chamber. If after a day there is no condensation showing on the tub, should I spray a few times inside?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26065721 -

Wow. Only a few hours after taking them out of their claustrophobic small tub, they're starting to spread.

But is it ok for them to be coming out of the sides more than the top? Pics I've seen on here of guys cakes, dont seem to grow out the sides or bottom too much, just out the top


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26065727 -

They grow where the conditions are correct. the bottom had the most water and proper FAE since you took them out of the tubs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: bw86]
    #26065735 -

Ok cool. Thanks man. I'll wait to see what the next week brings :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26069375 -

Ok things are looking good........I think. Any comments would be appreciated if you notice something wrong. I can see white specs on the pins like snow. Lol. Is this normal? Is this the mycelium?



At least the tub is
now condensated so I'm guessing there is enough moisture in there now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26069623 -

Nice work. I woukd recommend adding a couple more inches of perlite to prevent dry-out. Optional of course. But looking good :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26070488 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
Nice work. I woukd recommend adding a couple more inches of perlite to prevent dry-out. Optional of course. But looking good :thumbup:



Ok this I could do. I still have some left over. Maybe not a couple of inches worth though. It  might give an extra inch if you still think that'll help. But will it be ok disturbing the cakes cause I'd have to move the cakes out to lay the perlite down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26070491 -

My mate that started at the same time with the same kits but decided to not use a SGFC. He's just left his in the bag that came with the kit. His are massive compared to mine. But I'm guessing he's further ahead because he never dunked his so me dunking my kits has put me about a week behind in the progress right?

This is one of his kits....


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26073158 -

Can I get your guy's thoughts on these please.

Pic 1......how comes the pin starts off quite thick but then half way up thins out massively. Is this normal?

Pic 2.....is this shroom ready to harvest? Or do the caps have to flatten out a bit more first?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212] * 1
    #26073161 -

i see nothing out of the ordinary, you have some fat pins nothing to worry about and noting to pick yet.
fan and mist :super:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: bw86]
    #26073206 -

bw86 said:
i see nothing out of the ordinary, you have some fat pins nothing to worry about and noting to pick yet.
fan and mist :super:



Thanks bud. Cool. Yep still fanning and misting twice a day 👍👍

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26073721 -

Do you see moister forming around the holes in the shotgun when you are not fanning and misting?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: bw86]
    #26074038 -

bw86 said:
Do you see moister forming around the holes in the shotgun when you are not fanning and misting?



You mean during the day inbetween fanning and misting? Yeah there is moisture on the walls of the chamber

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212] * 1
    #26074102 -

let them get bigger.


--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: Ziran]
    #26074307 -

Ziran said:
let them get bigger.



Ok will do. Dont the caps have to flatten out a bit first too before they're ready to harvest?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Keetchy's grow progress [Re: scorps1212]
    #26074395 -

If your caps are flattening out, then youtr substrate will likely be covered in spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shrooms Growing Into Perlite Mighty Bop 952 3 05/13/02 07:00 PM
by Mighty Bop
* perlite and vermiculite ? openURmind 2,334 15 10/30/02 06:59 PM
by cheifdog24
* odd contam perlite then a cake *pics* Anyone help? baraka 3,189 12 04/12/23 10:51 AM
by myc_ousin_vinny
* Cake sitting directly on perlite? phrozendata 6,211 9 10/24/13 10:40 PM
by TheGreenBox
* Growing Progress - Too much water!! sunconscious 1,129 1 04/04/02 01:27 AM
by WakingUpLate
* perlit insted of vermiculite biggwigg 1,709 14 10/29/01 07:44 PM
by biggwigg
* HELP! Perlite Problem??? shroomer9 9,947 4 11/20/01 01:47 PM
by FreakShow
* 'McKennaii' Pre grown mycelluim brick - 1st flush... Pics & Questions makingdo 7,585 3 09/04/10 11:43 AM
by the man

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
991 topic views. 6 members, 75 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.