Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
Re: X-Men Movie = Fucking Awesome.
    #259457 - 07/14/00 02:30 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to see it tonight...............ON WEEEEEEEED!!

------------------
"Let's just say I'm not getting the respect a cop killer deserves."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: X-Men Movie = Fucking Awesome. [Re: Scratcher]
    #259459 - 07/14/00 02:31 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'm gonna move this to the Media Room, if it's ok with you.

------------------
Punk as fuck...well, not really.
http://www.captainjackmusic.com/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #259460 - 07/14/00 05:23 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yea. I wana see that shit. hopefully i'll make it out sometime this week.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineDestroying Angel
enthusiast
    #259461 - 07/16/00 12:43 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Saw it again today. This movie has done something to me that hasn't happend (from a non-drug) in many years. When the credits began rolling, i felt a gut pain. "Goddammit DA, back in reality." Just like when you're a little kid, and the world in which you live is truly your own. For the 1.5 hours i was in the theatre, I was completely absorbed into he world of the X-men. That's what's supposed to happen every time you hit the remote, or go see a movie i guess, but like alot of other shroomerites i think TV is pretty lame. Most movies don't cut it either. They're cool, like the matrix, but you don't wish it's reality. In the case of X-men, i wish it were. I wanted to jump in the movie and never return to this reality. Damn damn damn damn damn. /me sighs. I wish. I didn't think that the film adaptation of my favorite comic book for so many years would throw me around so much emotionally. I don't like this world (so far), and since I believe that this is the only one I'm getting to live in, i'm pretty disappointed when I leave the theater after an X-perience (hehe) like that. And, I believe that I really can't make it better, for anyone else or me. /me thinks summore. Goodnight.

~D)Angel

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #259462 - 07/16/00 09:56 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

So, how was it?

------------------
What does it all mean?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

#259463 - 07/16/00 02:17 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

destroying angel i know EXACTLY how u feel. things like mallrats star wars X-men final fantasy 7 and other things made me do it as well. only when i get home i cry.

Anonymous

#259464 - 07/16/00 07:09 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like a good movie, I had not even heard it was being made! Damn being in Iceland sometimes sucks for movies.. Bet it will be here in like 3 months, lucky for me I will be in Calgary in a few days..

X-men here I come..

Thor.

OfflineCrappy
enthusiast
    #259465 - 07/16/00 09:33 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, X-men was awesome, although being an original fan of the comic book, some aspects of it was dissapointing (like their suits) but nonetheless, it was a great movie... go see it now

------------------
"...prying open my third eye..."
[img]http://toolshed.down.net/pix/eyeanim.gif[/img]

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#259466 - 07/17/00 08:19 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i loved eet. eet was dee sheet.

--------------------
look buddy,,

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #259467 - 07/17/00 08:36 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Liked Wolverine's THICK blades (more realistic).
Rogue: "Does that(blades coming out) hurt?"
Wolv.: "Everytime."
I was worried that the dialog would suck, but it was pretty good.
Cyclops: "How do we know it's you?"
Wolv.: "You're a dick."
...........^-----reminiscent of the line in Batman Returns, unfortunately. (Clooney: "Look, Dick.")

The blade-finger thing was cool.
And I liked their suits. Fuck yellow-n-blue spandex.

But, didn't the original X-men consist of: Jean Gray, Cyclops, Beast (MIA), Storm, and Angel (also MIA)?

Okay, we can lose Angel, but what about Beast?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#259468 - 07/18/00 08:58 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

i really didnt like beast but angel is ok. i wanna see they others like iceman(we saw him :smile: ) and the flame girl(she kool 2)
i wanted to see the truthful tale of wolverine and sabertooth.
also the senator dying before the sentry robots come intoplay(probably in the sequal)

OfflineCrappy
enthusiast
    #259469 - 07/19/00 10:31 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, i was sorta upset with the lack of beast and the fact that iceman was a kid, when he was one of the original xmen... but, oh well, it was a good movie..

------------------
"...prying open my third eye..."
[img]http://toolshed.down.net/pix/eyeanim.gif[/img]

OfflineDestroying Angel
enthusiast
    #259470 - 07/21/00 12:39 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I guess I'm over my little "Wish I was an X-man" spazz. I found this site last night using Yahoo! in which someone has made a chronology documenting Wolverine's entire life. He annotated it, too, so that you can look up where he got his info. That took me awhile to read but now I don't feel so in the dark about the weapon X program and shit. Whew. If you wanna see it, it's here.
Sclorch, yeah good quotes. I never thought about Wolvie's claws hurting when they came out...and I suppose the idea is that when he retracts them his healing factor simply closes the wound? Shit that has to suck.
I also checked out some auction sites and xmen paraphernalia is selling like mad. Capitalist bastards!!!
Question: Who all was cameoed in the movie? I caught a few...Stan Lee was the hotdog vendor on the beach, you also got to see Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and Ice Man as eye candy...but I read that a young Colossus was also in there. Any idea where he was? Also, who was 1) the kid in the classroom with the fireball behind his back, 2) the kid who ran across the lily pond, and 3) the teleporting kid on the b-ball court? Were they actualy comic characters or just random special effects?

thanks for the interest, D)Ange1

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#259471 - 07/21/00 03:11 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Yah I really thought that beast and gambit were the coolest X men,the movie really serves to those who don't know much about them.Still entertaining though.

------------------
"Can you tell me more about the things?the things?"H.Simpson

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinegeorgewash
old hand
    #259472 - 07/21/00 04:44 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, as usual I will be the dissenting opinion. Saw the movie, thought it sucked.
It started off with some great possibility, but just about half way through, you could feel the film let out a little sigh, and it was downhill from there on out. I liked wolverines character, same with rogue. Personally I think the movie would have been better spent on just the two of them. Jean Grey had no real role in the film except to be some cheesy sex object. Same with storm. BTW, who the fuck casted Halle Berry for that role? Of her few lines in the movie, who can forget the classic "You know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightening?.... Them same thing as everything else." Who the fuck writes this shit? The ending was awful, the setting on top of the statue of liberty, an ultimate battle between good and evil was so cliched. And how many times did wolverine have to almost fall off of that statue, only to save himself. I also liked how there were 5 or so different people who went into a coma in the movie only to later be awoken. Gave it that real quality soap opera touch. Over all I thought this movie suffered from terrible directing, terrible writting, and terrible actors. There were some really good ideas, I thought they could have explored more, like the idea of an adolescent girl incapable of touch, or wolverines history, or how about more of the tension between human and mutants. It seemed to me most of the fighting was mutants vs mutants. It had a lot of potential like I said, but in the end I left feeling rather depressed that this is what hollywood has become. This movie did give me one revelation though, instead of registering mutants, lets register directors who produce shitty movies like this one. Personally I feel I have a right to know if an idiot like that is living in my neighborhood

g-dub

go green - vote nader

InvisiblePiccolo
One Sad Yeti

#259473 - 07/21/00 05:00 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, Gw your right. The two only females in Xmen had shitty roles. Another thing that pissed me off was that the Bobby Drake(Iceman) was portrayed as a kid who wasnt really on the team. If I remember correctly wasnt Iceman one of the earliest members on the team? On the overall the movie was ok, it has definately made a mark for Marvel comics. Hell the only good Marvel comic movie I remember is Blade. Remember Captain America? Shit that was a hoax in itself. Hell the whole movie was fast paced, maybe a little too fast. Hell even Sabretooth had a belittling role, something of like consisting of 4 words. Truthfully they could have done better, but I think Xmen2 will be alot better.

------------------
There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual to the other

--------------------
You know, you Irish cops are perking up. That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men. Kind of makes me feel like Riverdancing. -Paul Smecker

OfflineDestroying Angel
enthusiast
    #259474 - 07/22/00 12:49 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

GW I recently read a chapter on Libras and how they will take the opposite stance on absolutely anything in order to balance a lopsided view. Therefore I am going to accept this as part of your nature and not get mad that you dissed my movie. :smile:

~D)Angel

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #259475 - 07/22/00 04:47 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

LOL

------------------
What does it all mean?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

#259476 - 07/22/00 03:15 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

fuck after reading this topic i wanna be an x-men even more. fuck i hate my life......

Offlinegeorgewash
old hand
    #259477 - 07/22/00 09:36 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I'm just curious how you knew I was a libra

g-dub

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder