Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: ozblizz]
    #25825222 -

mendocino_beano said:
The link doesn’t work

I read the original post and I have no idea what you’re talking about

Just because one guy who wrote a book about the scene saying there were no thumbprint initiations doesn’t mean they didn’t happen. This was a loosely knit and constantly evolving network and not everybody crossed each other’s paths or had any idea what others were up to. As you said, there was no organization, therefore there would be no standards or rules and nobody would be able to say with any certainty that something did or did not happen if they didn’t witness it, least of all you, who are you again?



Who are you? Do you normally get off on internet conspiracies and science with no evidence? Flat earth? Anti-vax? WMD's?

I'm a rational person who who can put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

Chinacat was very specific in going into the imaginary organizations details and going on about things like "elders" and referring to "the family" as an actual organization. Discussing things like rules and policies on dosing and collective decisions about how things were done. Preposterous nonsense with no claim to reality.

ozblizz said:
.... But at the same time, his clique was NOT the Grandfathers of it all. If anything, this woman Karen Horning, who was sentenced for selling an ounce of raw crystal, sounds like legit OG. and she didn't require her buyers do the thumbprint initiation thing.

So chincat saying "here's how you became an 1980s LSD OG" vs Karen horning saying, "um no, actually that wasn't how it worked".. I'm gonna go with Mrs Horning on this one.

as for what goes on today.. we don't know. But this book Heads seems to say pretty clearly what went on in the 1980s.. since it has interviews with a lot of people who did federal time for MAJOR LSD busts.



I'm with you man.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Northerner]
    #25825285 -

Northerner said:
mendocino_beano said:
The link doesn’t work

I read the original post and I have no idea what you’re talking about

Just because one guy who wrote a book about the scene saying there were no thumbprint initiations doesn’t mean they didn’t happen. This was a loosely knit and constantly evolving network and not everybody crossed each other’s paths or had any idea what others were up to. As you said, there was no organization, therefore there would be no standards or rules and nobody would be able to say with any certainty that something did or did not happen if they didn’t witness it, least of all you, who are you again?



Who are you? Do you normally get off on internet conspiracies and science with no evidence? Flat earth? Anti-vax? WMD's?

I'm a rational person who who can put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

Chinacat was very specific in going into the imaginary organizations details and going on about things like "elders" and referring to "the family" as an actual organization. Discussing things like rules and policies on dosing and collective decisions about how things were done. Preposterous nonsense with no claim to reality.

ozblizz said:
.... But at the same time, his clique was NOT the Grandfathers of it all. If anything, this woman Karen Horning, who was sentenced for selling an ounce of raw crystal, sounds like legit OG. and she didn't require her buyers do the thumbprint initiation thing.

So chincat saying "here's how you became an 1980s LSD OG" vs Karen horning saying, "um no, actually that wasn't how it worked".. I'm gonna go with Mrs Horning on this one.

as for what goes on today.. we don't know. But this book Heads seems to say pretty clearly what went on in the 1980s.. since it has interviews with a lot of people who did federal time for MAJOR LSD busts.



I'm with you man.




I personally know people associated with the GDF and they do use that exact terminology and speak about it like an organization exactly the way you are saying chinacat described it. So it's deinitely not all bullshit.  I've been around it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Big Worm]
    #25825383 -

Ok so Big Worm.
How do you account for the discrepancy between what your "friends in the GDF" say and what this article says?

and just for the record. Here's what Pickard wrote in 2007 about chemists.. make of it what you will.

Quote:
We may begin to infer that LSD availability is not the out-come of the incapacitation of a single lab or the small cluster of loosely affiliated manufacturers—DEA suggests six—that allegedly are responsible for most LSD production, but rather the outcome of the re-dundancy of an unknown and much larger number of smaller, independent point sources that arise and disappear due to several factors—other than enforcement’s incapacitation and deterrent effects—that we will discuss.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Big Worm]
    #25827428 -

Big Worm said:
Northerner said:
mendocino_beano said:
The link doesn’t work

I read the original post and I have no idea what you’re talking about

Just because one guy who wrote a book about the scene saying there were no thumbprint initiations doesn’t mean they didn’t happen. This was a loosely knit and constantly evolving network and not everybody crossed each other’s paths or had any idea what others were up to. As you said, there was no organization, therefore there would be no standards or rules and nobody would be able to say with any certainty that something did or did not happen if they didn’t witness it, least of all you, who are you again?



Who are you? Do you normally get off on internet conspiracies and science with no evidence? Flat earth? Anti-vax? WMD's?

I'm a rational person who who can put 2 and 2 together and get 4.

Chinacat was very specific in going into the imaginary organizations details and going on about things like "elders" and referring to "the family" as an actual organization. Discussing things like rules and policies on dosing and collective decisions about how things were done. Preposterous nonsense with no claim to reality.

ozblizz said:
.... But at the same time, his clique was NOT the Grandfathers of it all. If anything, this woman Karen Horning, who was sentenced for selling an ounce of raw crystal, sounds like legit OG. and she didn't require her buyers do the thumbprint initiation thing.

So chincat saying "here's how you became an 1980s LSD OG" vs Karen horning saying, "um no, actually that wasn't how it worked".. I'm gonna go with Mrs Horning on this one.

as for what goes on today.. we don't know. But this book Heads seems to say pretty clearly what went on in the 1980s.. since it has interviews with a lot of people who did federal time for MAJOR LSD busts.



I'm with you man.




I personally know people associated with the GDF and they do use that exact terminology and speak about it like an organization exactly the way you are saying chinacat described it. So it's deinitely not all bullshit.  I've been around it.



Agreed. The folks I know in the family didn't have to do thumbprints AFAIK, but there definitely seem to be cliques or subsets of the family that do. Whatever went down at the origin of the GDF's creation is likely pretty estranged from what happens these days


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: I Love Lucid] * 1
    #25827473 -

the people I know in the GDF say that all the guys you guys know in the GDF weren't actually in the GDF

:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: feevers]
    #25827611 -

If you visit your local chapter of freemasons you might have the opinion of having walked into a bridge club. The jolly gents will assure you that all this talk of secret lodges is just gobbledygook, and to them it is -- they never got a down low invite to a higher lodge.

feevers said:
the people I know in the GDF say that all the guys you guys know in the GDF weren't actually in the GDF

:tongue:




Whats the first rule of Fight Club again?


In my opinion - they were beautiful stories by a good storyteller who to an unknown degree mixed having actually been places with the artistic liberties of storytelling.

A thing you got to know about men over 40 is that the actual delivery of a story at times matters a tad more than the precise facts. How much, is up for the storyteller's ethics. Go sit in a harbor's bar and listen in on a tale or two, it has a bit of a familiar ring.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: ozblizz]
    #25882938 -

It’s funny I just got here from the crystal to blotter thread and the only mention I read of thumb prints was that you had to do a thumb print before they would let you lay raw crystal Onto sheets. or if you asked for one. And as stated before, with so much disorganization might not be somthing every group required before letting someone buy crystal. Not a initiation to “enter the club” per say. I think your already in the family if your even being talked to about buying raw crystal. I thought that made sense, build up a good tolerance of the stuff Incase you spilled it on your self or just so you don’t get lit handling it in a hotel with hundreds of fresh doses present. Or get stung in a under cover bust. Good luck getting a undercover to do a print. Didn’t read the designated thumbprint thread though, so maybe I’m missing somthing. Was a good read, be a shame if it was mostly fiction.

Edited by raja1993 (03/19/19 01:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: mendocino_beano] * 1
    #25887550 -

mendocino_beano said:
viraldrome said:
mendocino_beano said:
So just because someone wrote in a book that people laughed when he asked if thumbprint initiations happened, you know China cat was a ‘bullshit artist’?



He's an outright fucking liar because no amount of LSD lasts for days. I don't have to eat milligrams of powder to know all LSD trips last a standard 8-12 hours and just get more intense. The fact people here still defend it is embarrassing.

Using terms like fluff and needlepoint too, it's cringey at best and disinformation  at worst.

Everything chinacat said was made up, all of it.



Really? That’s your reasoning for being absolutely sure that he’s full of shit? What’s the highest dose of lsd you’ve done anyway?

Well first of all I completely disagree, and I’m not trying to defend chinacats claims at all, I simply have experienced higher dose LSD trips that lasted longer than 12 hours, more like 16-18 or more, and yes it was LSD. I’ve also experienced after effects that lasted days or up to a week. So I don’t think his claims about massive overdoses lasting a week and never fully leaving you are unrealistic at all. Occasionally  I still do feel the aftershocks of my most intense lsd trips and I do feel almost forever changed by them. It’s subtle but it’s there.

I think it’s funny the way the mention of this guys stories froths up all of the skeptics to call him a piece of shit like he molested children or something




Its not a fucking contest. If you need to eat thst much LSD you're an idiot who is trying too hard. Chinacat is a liar and took you guys for his own ride. It's sad seeing so many people worship this dude because he claims he did a dumbass amount of acid...a thumprint..give me a fucking break. Shoot some 4-aco-dmt if you want to reach your limits, don't risk your sanity and other people's lives because you want to brag about something. Makes me sick. I don't know what's worse..the fact he lied or that so many of you ate it up so fast. Hes still worshipped around here. It's gross, honestly. IV or smoke dmt if you want to test the limits..don't be a fucking retard and eat all that acid.

So many people here continue to praise his "heroic act" as if he's some elder shaman of the site that deserves an ass kidding. Fuck chinacat and fuck anyone who looks up to him


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25887606 -

Damn Bill! Do you need a hug?!? Lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: camel109]
    #25887643 -

Just trying to get people to realize you don't need to eat stupid doses of LSD to become king of the deadhead or some LSD shaman. You are just a fool if you do that, especially if you have kids or close people in your life that love you and depend on you


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Asante] * 2
    #25887651 -

Asante said:
If you visit your local chapter of freemasons you might have the opinion of having walked into a bridge club. The jolly gents will assure you that all this talk of secret lodges is just gobbledygook, and to them it is -- they never got a down low invite to a higher lodge.

feevers said:
the people I know in the GDF say that all the guys you guys know in the GDF weren't actually in the GDF

:tongue:




Whats the first rule of Fight Club again?


In my opinion - they were beautiful stories by a good storyteller who to an unknown degree mixed having actually been places with the artistic liberties of storytelling.

A thing you got to know about men over 40 is that the actual delivery of a story at times matters a tad more than the precise facts. How much, is up for the storyteller's ethics. Go sit in a harbor's bar and listen in on a tale or two, it has a bit of a familiar ring.




That's no excuse to lie. Just because someone is over 40 doesn't give them a free pass to totally exaggerate(lie) about a story. A lie is a lie is a lie


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25887726 -

Hey, I hope you’re not accusing me of worshiping chinacat with that shitstorm of a post

All I said was it’s funny how people attack the guys image or whatever as if he’s guilty of murder. His stories are probably mostly exaggerated or maybe completely false but there’s no way to be sure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: mendocino_beano]
    #25888296 -

I don't recognize you nor did I read your post.


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #25888793 -

Just wondering since you quoted me directly in your reply :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: ozblizz]
    #25888824 -

a wise old head of the family once told me a story of how he beat the system by convincing some people that his wife was black he was white, and his brother was black, while his said brother was actually saids wifes actual husband. Now this based on actual events that took place, aka a true story, so listen up.

ok so me and my brother walk into a bar, hes black im white, the bartender asks us what we want to drink, she asks if were together, at the same exact time that i said no my brother said yes, this confused her and then she asked me what i was doing there, and i just looked at her and said i had no fucking clue anymore xD

but anyways they became fruitarians and just walked from restaurant to restaurant getting free lemon water and drinking from the water fountains. They just pitch a tent whenever they get tired.


--------------------
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002220.htm but what is it really?

Edited by supfam420 (03/21/19 06:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: supfam420]
    #25889113 -

I don’t get it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: mendocino_beano]
    #25909421 -

i don't know if chinacat is a liar or not....thumbprints did happen -- I do agree with Bill regarding some of his comments.  Doing mega doses of psychedelics does not make someone special nor put them in a hierarchy.  That is ridiculous.  Any massive dosage of LSD, DMT or Psilocybin is no joke.  for some people, it can/will create a psychotic break.  To be certain, you will never be the same.  For some, the change will be for the better, for others...not so much.  I also read someone post that no matter how much you take, you come down after 12 hours...that is bullshit.  Megadoses will last longer, and can be more than a day.  I have personal experience.  I also have personal experience of taking crystal and putting it on paper.  No matter how much you try to avoid ingestion, it is gonna happen.  Gloves, mask -- no matter...the liquid evaporates so rapidly and such a small dose is needed that you will ingest/inhale some level.  I don't know if things have changed, but years ago there was a network of chemists -- that were protected at all costs.  All risks of possession of product, chemicals, the lab itself, distribution, etc...were handled by others.  The chemists would handle the processing--and that was there exposure, while in the lab.  If something went south...the chemist was protected at all costs...others would take the fall/the bust.  Bill if you have IV'd DMT at the levels you spoke of...bless you...!  Personally, megadoses are not for me.  4-5g of good ole Boomers are about all this warrior wants to take on.  I will say that I believe people need to experience these substances...overall they tend to make someone more sympathetic to others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Psion] * 1
    #26516868 -

A woman recently snorted a line of LSD by accident, 55mg is the estimated dose.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/woman-accidentally-snorts-550-times-usual-dose-of-lsd-in-one-go-this-is-what-happened/

Quote:
A third case, where the dose was well and truly above what is normal for a recreational dose, involved a woman in her 40s who accidentally snorted 55 milligrams of pure LSD, which she had thought was cocaine. That's 550 times the usual recreational dose of LSD.

After managing to call for help, she started to vomit within the hour and continued to vomit whilst also blacking out and not moving for the next 12 hours, before she was able to communicate again.

"She felt 'pleasantly high' for the next 12 hours (with infrequent vomiting)," the case authors wrote. "The collateral report from the roommate revealed that she sat mostly still in a chair with her eyes either open, closed, or rolled back, frothing at the mouth, occasionally vocalizing random words and vomiting frequently. Ten hours later she was able to converse."



Sounds about right. Far from the old tales of mega doses that have been bandied about.

I've blacked out several times from taking way too much LSD, taking more would make the blackouts more complete and fucked up. I'd bet any money on it.


--------------------
We are the music makers, the dreamers of dreams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Northerner]
    #26518279 -

Vomiting and frothing at the mouth isn't nearly as cool a story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thumbprint & the book Chinacat72 never wrote [Re: Northerner]
    #26520152 -

Northerner said:
A woman recently snorted a line of LSD by accident, 55mg is the estimated dose.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/woman-accidentally-snorts-550-times-usual-dose-of-lsd-in-one-go-this-is-what-happened/

Quote:
A third case, where the dose was well and truly above what is normal for a recreational dose, involved a woman in her 40s who accidentally snorted 55 milligrams of pure LSD, which she had thought was cocaine. That's 550 times the usual recreational dose of LSD.

After managing to call for help, she started to vomit within the hour and continued to vomit whilst also blacking out and not moving for the next 12 hours, before she was able to communicate again.

"She felt 'pleasantly high' for the next 12 hours (with infrequent vomiting)," the case authors wrote. "The collateral report from the roommate revealed that she sat mostly still in a chair with her eyes either open, closed, or rolled back, frothing at the mouth, occasionally vocalizing random words and vomiting frequently. Ten hours later she was able to converse."








Chinacat stated it lasted for days, I know for a fact it doesn't.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psychedelic Books?
( 1 2 all )
Zoso_UK 12,432 37 12/06/22 04:38 AM
by Zeter.Turk
* books on psychedelics and quantum physics????????????
( 1 2 all )
agoutihead 5,096 26 11/28/06 11:31 PM
by agoutihead
* Thumbprint questions.
( 1 2 all )
Elinore 3,953 25 03/05/06 12:02 PM
by Mitchnast
* The Book
( 1 2 3 4 all )
World Spirit 11,727 67 07/11/05 12:24 PM
by Psiloman
* Thumbprint and a question.... RemainRandom50 1,369 6 01/22/06 01:42 PM
by Gratos
* help me decide on my next shipment of books agoutihead 1,145 17 08/17/06 09:44 PM
by yageman
* Chinacat72 - Spirit and Verve - A notice to the community AsanteM 1,581 0 11/08/05 11:08 AM
by ShroomyTunes
* Micro Dots! XxShibbyxX 2,032 13 04/12/07 05:02 PM
by Wheels

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,571 topic views. 2 members, 33 guests and 52 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.