Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

books on psychedelics and quantum physics????????????
    #6302004 - 11/20/06 08:30 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

alright im about half way through the book

Ketamine: dreams and realities

its been pretty good and highly intersting.

it is touching on the subject of quantum physics now and how that helps explain the other dimensions we visit when on psychedelics.

does anyone know of any good books or authors explaining psychedelics in relation to quantum physics???

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere North of Normal
Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: agoutihead]
    #6302044 - 11/20/06 08:54 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I've not yet come across any books that connect the two but reading quantum physics has definitely increased my apreciation of the psychedelic demensions (the salvia mindspace, especially).

Pick up a book on String Theory, you won't regret it. :thumbup:

Specifically, I'd reccomend Brain Greene's 'The Elegant Universe' (EDIT: with link goodness)

--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Edited by NizzyJones (11/20/06 09:00 AM)

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: NizzyJones]
    #6302201 - 11/20/06 10:12 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I need to get around to reading a full quantum text and learning the mathematical methods...

I'm also interested in gaining some preliminary understanding of string theory... or more preliminary understanding... I understand it makes use of parallel dimensionality in new ways in an effort to explain reality.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6302215 - 11/20/06 10:16 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm very well versed in the philosophies of quantum physics, if you will, and have many intellectual discussions with quantum physics students and graduates...

Ideas in quantum physics overlap heavily with psychedelic ideas in places.

One of my favorite ideas is how the uncertainty principle in itself is a certainty principle.

When we are measuring how much of something we know we don't know, there is no way to differentiate between whether we are measuring the limits of the external universe or the internal one.

And in fact, the reality where these things are undifferentiable is emerging as the most functional.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6302491 - 11/20/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

man this just sounds interesting as hell.

so there has been no real cross studies/research into the fields of psychedelic and quantum physics???

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6302577 - 11/20/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

What would you exactly expect?
I'm not sure how one would go about researching that connection in any sort of scientific manner.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6302598 - 11/20/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

hmm. i dont know, has anyone written a book trying to connect the two with the same ideas a principles?

--------------------

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6302628 - 11/20/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think so...

The thing about quantum physics, is it is a rather specific way of thinking about scientific observation.

Psychedelics could be looked at from any number of perspectives.

Personally, I like to use a variety of perspectives to analyze psychedelics:

experiential- direct information from the universe as I feel the universe wants me to understand it.

psychological- effects in terms of mental landscape, ideas like ego, collectivism, perception, are good topics.

neurological- the mechanics of the brain as psychedelics affect it, I have studied a good deal of neuro chem in efforts to better control my depression. Our physical understanding of the brain and psychedelic chemistry is a very valuable tool.

mythological- I am not yet a believer, but belief itself is a tangible entity to me, and understanding why others believe helps me understand their belief.

legal/social- very close parallel to psychology, but on the macro-organism.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6303873 - 11/20/06 07:24 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i think i would be more intersted in the parrallel dimensions and other realities quantum physics tends to describe, verifing where we "travel" on psychedelics is actually real.

--------------------

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

#6303964 - 11/20/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Mathematics and psychedelics are beautifully entwined.

When I'm tripping hard, I can see and feel math all around me, its amazing.

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: MustardMan]
    #6304073 - 11/20/06 08:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

T mckenna actually hints at this stuff an awful lot but doesnt come out and say much of anything new to back it up(you kind of have to read between the lines I guess). Superstring theory was not a very populare theory back when he wrote his works of art.
He did try to connect the molecules to the light to some degree, as they say.

String theory is inherently real in a sense. We are only beginning to understand the bridge between general relativity(macro), and quantum mechanics(micro).......
The deepest problem in theoretical physics is harmonizing the theory of general relativity, which describes gravitation and applies to large-scale structures (stars, galaxies, super clusters), with quantum mechanics which describes the other three fundamental forces acting on the microscopic scale.

Thats it in a super-simplified nut shell. The mechanics of the two are mind blowing, and to truely connect them would be a first.
Superstring has alot going for it.....

I struggled to bridge the gap many times just through experience with psychedelics. To correlate the two in any way is very difficult though, and we are only at the beginning when it comes to both subjects.

Interesting note:
Eistein would come up with some certain, very important answers and then work backwards to find out why he was correct. He felt that "god" was speaking through him. As if the ideas were already out there or in his organic brain, so he had some assbackwards access to them.
He called this "god".....

As if psychedelics, holography, both sides of complex physics, and superstring are all relavent.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: yageman]
    #6304137 - 11/20/06 09:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

read the book "The Holographic Reality". I forgot the author but it takes off where quantum physics and superstring theory leave off. I have a few other books too, I will get the names and post again later. Also....
all of the Jane Roberts "Seth" material is exellent.

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: cpw1971]
    #6304153 - 11/20/06 09:12 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ok heres some of the books I have...
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot
Extra Dimensional Universe by John R. Violette
The Physics Of Immortality by Frank Tipler
The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel

they all merge science with the paranormal

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6304173 - 11/20/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

btw,
in the book Holographic Reality, he talks about Ketamine. It was designed as a safe anesthetic but was banned because people reported floating above thier bodies on the operating table. Also during the lsd experiments there were many documented cases of telepathy.

also here is a theory of mine I thought of from using Salvia and merging with oobe mehtods.... I have it saved as a text file...

"ok here goes my interpretation of Reality through the use of Salvia..........
when the buzz hits hard I experience folding of the reality. It can also solidify like the air is as solid as everything else. sometimes the reality can flatten out in front of you. sometimes you can become objects nearby. I call this stage the inbetween. to make it all the way through and into another reality or dimension this one has to fold over. this reality is created by thought and all matter is made up of thought energy. thought itself is actually what folds over. by tuning the thought you can access many thought created realities "infinity".
now to my "Donut Theory"
picture the center hole in a donut. this center is now our screen of reality. the reality you see now. the inner ring of the donut is what projects onto the screen. now picture that the donut spins inside itself and lines up a new center ring. the surface of this new ring projects another new reality onto the screen in the center. theres many many realities on the donut. the donut is your concious and subconcious and superconcious. by turning your thought inward like the donut you can access the realities easier because you will now know what is going on. It also explains why I find myself in other lives"

this is the short of it but often when doing Salvia it is like this one folds up and I am shot out the other side like I just went through a ringer and was flat. I see wavy folds like the old windows screensaver that takes your desktop and makes a swirl that moves all over.

Edited by cpw1971 (11/20/06 09:28 PM)

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6307853 - 11/28/06 02:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

the holographic universe was on my list to buy... has anyone else read this book and could highly reccomend it?

its very interesting to me that they mention special k... i am currently reading Ketamine: dreams and realities.

yageman... what was the book you told me to get by mckenna?... was it
The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens, and the I Ching??

is that the one where hes in the jungle for a while? does this one go into the supernatual and hallucinations and quantum physics type stuff?

on the subject of salvia... im having a really hard time getting anything out of it. my friend and i did it the other day... and reality for him completely vanished after just one hit. me... i had to take a few more with minimal effects.

we both smoked it the same way... out of a water bong.

--------------------

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6307932 - 11/28/06 03:11 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

agoutihead said:
the holographic universe was on my list to buy... has anyone else read this book and could highly reccomend it?

its very interesting to me that they mention special k... i am currently reading Ketamine: dreams and realities.

yageman... what was the book you told me to get by mckenna?... was it
The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens, and the I Ching?? 

is that the one where hes in the jungle for a while?  does this one go into the supernatual and hallucinations and quantum physics type stuff?

on the subject of salvia... im having a really hard time getting anything out of it.  my friend and i did it the other day... and reality for him completely vanished after just one hit.  me... i had to take a few more with minimal effects.

we both smoked it the same way... out of a water bong.

I've had extremely good luck instructing new users on smoking S.D.

It's nothing like smoking M.J.

Take a deep breath in as hard as you can, breath out hard, clearing your lungs, pushing any crap out if you can.

repeat until your lungs feel very clean.

take a deep breath in, smoothly, and breath out all the way, smoothly.

relax your mind as you light your salvia, try and inhail it in one motion, (take as much time as is comfortable for you) and then hold the smoke in for as long as you can.

hopefully you can manage more than a minute. then you'll be good.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6307973 - 11/28/06 03:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

i can barely handle the 30 seconds... i was the one who advised my buddy how to do it... and he broke through on one hit.

the tv was on and was fucking me up alot i think... but it didnt mess my buddy up. i dunno... i think i just need to try it by myself in a completly dark room so i can really concentrate on it...

--------------------

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6307996 - 11/28/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah sounds to me like a relaxation difficulty.
salvia needs a breakthrough to work psychedelically IMO.

that requires either a very high dose, or for you to be very accommodating.

maybe both!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6308105 - 11/28/06 04:00 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

we had 20x non standardized from bbb.... their HBWR seeds blew me outta the water!

--------------------

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
    #6308827 - 11/28/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I'm reading this right now. While not the most scientifically based book out there, I think this guy is on to something. You can check out some excerpts from it.

http://www.zoe7.com/intothevoid_excerpts.php

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: palmersc]
    #6308947 - 11/28/06 08:27 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ive been to this zoe7.com.... it was a website in ethneogen magazine.... its seems pretty trippy... whats it all about?

--------------------

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
    #6309069 - 11/28/06 09:05 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
Re: books on psychedelics and quantum physics???????????? [Re: palmersc]
    #6309151 - 11/28/06 09:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

to smoke Salvia sometimes I will just take a small hit to get the salvinorin in my system then wait 15 minutes and then try the real thing. also 20x is kinda much for non standardized. anything over 10x non standardized has too much of the black wax and that makes it harder to smoke. it just doesnt put out the smoke with the black wax in there.
but if you did feel something that means you arent immune to the effects.
I can get level 5's off plain leaf

Edited by cpw1971 (11/28/06 09:33 PM)

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6309160 - 11/28/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

yeah I have been meaning to get Zoe 7's books for a few years now

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6309360 - 11/28/06 10:41 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

what are zoe7's books about?

yeah ive felt effects all three times i smoked... but nothing earth shattering... like taking 30 mics of lsd for 5 minutes.

--------------------

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #6309390 - 11/28/06 10:49 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

I have been in other dimensions and inside someone elses body before. theres 6 levels of effects.
Zoe 7 is someone who mixed Salvia with Dmt and mind machines and wrote a few books about it "Into the void" and "Back from the void".

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#6309471 - 11/28/06 11:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

has anyone else combined the two most powerful hallucinogens on earth?

sounds pretty nuts.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom