Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Emergency Forum
    #2553385 - 04/13/04 06:01 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

AS we all know the shroomery is and will continue to be one of the largest sources of information for all things related to mushrooms and psychaselics world wide. Within our forums we contain a vast plethora of knowledge that is capable of answering almost any question.

It is therefore no supprise that we as a comunity often are faced with questions regarding life threatining and emergency situations related to ingestion of poisonus mushroomsm, potential overdoses, and man unique situations that often arrise.

Unfortunately some people are un-able to ask for help as to their emergency situations in a conventional manner because of fear of prosecution for their acts. Other times the situations encountered are so origional and new to the medical world that only people with personal expierence in the matters at hand can answer the questions posed.

Unfortunately these questions are spread over our forums mainly in mushroom hunting, ODD, Trip tips and other forums. As a result, many times important questions and life threatening situations are not seen by those that can answer them quickly. Although these posts are almost always moved to the apropriate forum, somtimes time is of the essence and lives hang in the balance.

As a comunity It would be best for us to consolidate all of these emergency posts into one Emergency Forum so that any life threatening and other emergency situations can be given the full attention that they need. As a comunity we have a responsibility to help those that are in need of help and this would be an excelent way of doing so.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Emergency Forum [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2553923 - 04/13/04 12:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

IRC is good for immediate answers... and when it comes to mushrooms, I believe every parent has warned of the dangers of eating wild picked mushrooms... we have the mushroom hunting forum for that

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #2555296 - 04/13/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The Shroomery does not have the resources available to provide reliable and timely medical advice. In an emergency, we encourage people to contact a hospital or doctor, even if you could get busted - because we're talking about life here, and as far as I know we only get one. So all I'm saying is don't be taking chances waiting for someone who may or may not be qualified, to happen across your post on a psychedelic message board in a life threatening situation...

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Emergency Forum [Re: geokills]
    #2555386 - 04/13/04 05:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I agree.

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
Re: Emergency Forum [Re: geokills]
    #2556014 - 04/13/04 07:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent point, and might I add that calling poison control or 911 is a much better option. They can look up the drug in a medical reference quickly and give the best, most accurate advice. Also, the Shroomery would receive a hefty legal burden from such a service.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Emergency Forum [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2556742 - 04/13/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

as well as exposure. =not good

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2557438 - 04/14/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i agree that the best and most responsible option would be to call the 911 or the poison controll center, but the fact of the matter is that people are stil posting emergency situations here.
"because we're talking about life here, and as far as I know we only get one"
that is so true, and if for no other purpose we should formulate a way to better aid those in need of help, because they come here looking for it anyways.

even if all we could do is tell them that their situation is serious and they need to call 911 or a poison controll center. The speed in which we could respond with a forum deidcated to emergencys would greatly out do that wuthout one.

also there are many situations that involve percieved emergencys. I.E. i took too many mushrooms and i am going to die, etc. if we were able to tell these people that their emergency is only percieved <b> before <\b> they freak and do somthing un responsible we could help reduce the amount of bad press associated with psychadelics. perhaps with an emergency forum we could have saved the life of the user who comitted suicide in our irc server?

life is precious and i think that we should do everything in our power to preserve it

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2557750 - 04/14/04 03:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

>perhaps with an emergency forum we could have saved the life of the user who
>comitted suicide in our irc server?

How would a forum have prevented something that was happening in the IRC room?

InvisibleWormsy
Stranger
    #2558789 - 04/14/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It seems like it would put too much liability on the site, if the emergency forum failed to help someone, it could create a situation of many things. "Support Group Central" seems to be the best bet for that kind of topic support.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Emergency Forum [Re: Wormsy]
    #2560521 - 04/14/04 07:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

its the same reasons that medical sites refer yo to a doctor... you cant diagnose or treat over the internet...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback