Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Health/Infirmary Forum?
    #1371517 - 03/13/03 04:28 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

After last night's incident, I was thinking about the possibility of there being a forum which would focus on the overall health/side affects of the various substances/mushroom eating concerns of users and what not.

It would be nice to have a place where someone can seek advice dealing with health concerns, since we all know by now just how many users/users friends are involved with some form of substance abuse.

I'm not trying to bring more Ripper incidents to the shroomery, those only became such a big deal since users were allegedely "egging" him on. All I'm saying is, I think many users would find it usefull to have a place to address their health issues on a board dedicated towards accurate information of mushrooms and such.

What I WOULDNT want the forum to turn into is an all out ego-fest on "who knows more science than who".

As for last night, I was updated that his friend is alright. He followed my spinning/puking/water drinking advice. It's always nice to know I can help out in these sort of situations.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #1371833 - 03/13/03 06:26 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

The problem with putting up a forum for medical advice, is that we would need medical professionals to tend to said forum. With a voluntary staff such as we have, this is not going to happen very easily - and I don't want to see kids who are in a serious life threatening situation take the time to log-on to a message board to take advice from unqualified personel when they should've taken that time to be driving to the ER or calling a doctor.

Our Other Drug Discussion board discusses many of the adverse affects of a wide range of substances and possible precautions to take to prevent and/or treat such situations. As has been said, in most cases health/infirmary issues should be resolved at the hostpital.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: geokills]
    #1372349 - 03/13/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Well my main concern is that since most people on here are doing illegal substances, they'd probably be very reluctant to go to a hospital to ask for advice while they are still committing a felony.

Of course many drastic measures should be left to professionals. But when most cases are simply health concerns that probably aren't life threatening, I highly doubt someone would go to the doctor and ask "I'm abusing pain killers, how much is too much?"

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #1372411 - 03/13/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

There are too many forums now.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: geokills]
    #1372481 - 03/13/03 09:44 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

> The problem with putting up a forum for medical advice, is that we would need medical professionals to tend to said forum.

I agree with Geo. Despite its merits, and good intentions, there are a lot of problems with this idea, including legal liability issues, which would probably lead to the demise of the whole site...

We also have the ODD and Support forums, which although they are not staffed by health care professionals, they are at least staffed by people who care... :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: Papaver]
    #1372501 - 03/13/03 09:50 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

At the very least there could be a permanent sticky that would list links or phone #'s to poison control or other medically helpfull websites. The sticky could go in OD, or the help forum, or wherever you think it would be most appropriate.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: superpimp]
    #1373947 - 03/13/03 07:35 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah, I guess that's the healthy alternative I was looking for. 5 Shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Health/Infirmary Forum? [Re: superpimp]
    #1374042 - 03/13/03 08:42 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

>At the very least there could be a permanent sticky that would list links or phone
>#'s to poison control or other medically helpfull websites. The

Fell free to compile such a list and post it here, then it can be reviewed and posted in the appropriate forums.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies