Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
new art beep doink beep
    #2541754 -

Here's a new collaboration I did last night with Jason Wardon (www.gooeygraphix.com)

feedback appreciated




peace
doktor J
http://www.doktorj.ca
:loveeyes: :nut: :whoa: :nut: :whoa: :nut: :whoa: :loveeyes:

Edited by DoktorJ (04/08/04 11:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: DoktorJ]
    #2541834 -

I like the depth, but something doesn't fit right.

I think it's still amazing, I couldn't even conceive of something that cool. Maybe it's the layers, maybe it's just the fact that it was a joint venture/shared vision, that the front design vs the back design, I'm not sure which to focus on.... just my opinion.

I still like it, but I've liked other stuff of yours better too.


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep *DELETED* [Re: DoktorJ]
    #2542775 -

Post deleted by shroomerylurker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: shroomerylurker]
    #2543797 -

I think the problem with this piece is that you've got two artists both striving for the main focal point.. in any collaboration with distinct seperate parts like this (as opposed to just taking an image someone made and distorting it, etc.) one artist must be willing to step down and be the "background artist" while the other takes the focal point.

Because both artists are struggling for the center of attention (I'm not insulting either of you, don't take it that way.. I just mean in the image, it seems like both pieces of work are their own "center pieces") there's just a lot of confusion.

I think both of these images would look good alone, btw. heh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2544010 -

i didn't have any input on the collaboration. I just sent him a full size drawing several months ago. He did this other one with a nude girl that I drew in it and I like that one better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #2545483 -

I like it.
I would like it more if it blended better though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: shaggy101]
    #2551537 -

very erotic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: DoktorJ]
    #2551726 -

i think its a good picture and i REALLY enjoy that tribal overlay

i think it needs some sort of depth or direction, as it looks fairly flat ... something that could tie the background and the tribal design together would make it shine

good job!


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: new art beep doink beep [Re: DoktorJ]
    #2551831 -

I like that very much, but as some have said it is a little confusing. Still a cool image.

mj

Great stuff for ac id tripping imagery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Some basic Art questions (Other Artists please reply!) Northernsoul 1,424 6 09/02/04 03:59 PM
by Northernsoul
* My definition of "art"
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 4,540 22 05/06/05 06:38 AM
by sulucano
* Important Music, Art, and Literature Links
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Blastrid 40,963 64 12/05/11 12:22 AM
by Another Rube
* Awesome art site! 3eyedgod 781 4 09/07/05 05:55 PM
by AngeloWish
* -art/ist- JacquesCousteau 544 2 07/11/07 02:50 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* Psychedelic Art! SSM_Arts 1,438 6 05/04/21 03:06 AM
by Applesauce3D
* psychadelic art collection... (add to it please) stemmer 1,407 8 02/18/06 04:31 PM
by Koala Koolio
* some view on art XUL 1,058 1 04/04/06 09:41 PM
by chunder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
806 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.