Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Some basic Art questions (Other Artists please reply!)
    #3044252 - 08/24/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hi,

I was wondering just how hard, or not hard it would be to make quality prints from any of my original art work?

And how to make posters. How hard is it to make posters from, say, doing stuff on Photoshop. Or just copies from origional art that I made?

I was also wondering how much it would cost to start up doing some silkscreening? For clothes maybe (thats what its popular for) but also to do my own creative art as well.

Any links or whatever would be cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Some basic Art questions (Other Artists please reply!) [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3044879 - 08/24/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

as long as your work is all full-size, 300 dpi and CMYK, it should be pretty easy to take it on disc to somewhere like Kinko's or otherwise to print it out ...

i've never silkscreened, but i imagine it's not so expensive either ...

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Some basic Art questions (Other Artists please reply!) [Re: HB]
    #3046063 - 08/24/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i tried to look up silk screening on the net any couldnt find shit...

Look up info on stencil grafitii.

OfflineMilkyMedia
Lost Soul

#3047452 - 08/25/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Alrighty..i've researched all of the above when it comes to printing.
When it comes down to it..you have to ask, what you want to do with the print...and how much you can afford.

Selling digital art is hard...some of the most succesfull digital artists have catalogs of hundreds, if not thousands of pieces of art. Don't do a series, run an edition, and expect to be a digital artist.

If your just talking about the process...Digital printing is basic..there are so many kinds of digital printing methods: Laser, inkjet, thermal, dye's...just to name a few. When your doing your digital work, just make sure the image is of a decent size and resolution, take it too a print shop, and they can print it on nearly any medium. This technology has been around for years, and it's getting competitive now, so prices are pretty affordable.

Silkscreening and printmaking are an artform that I don't think will every die...and they will always hold a great deal of respect. There are machine ways to do it...but the "by hand" way is easy enough for people to experiment with in their own bedroom. Start of by making a stencil of something...this is a form of printmaking..and an element of silkscreening. If you want to silkscreen multiple colors, and series of something, I'd suggest getting a press. That's when money gets involved. For under a hundred dollars, you can ebay some basic silkscreening stuff, and make some 1-2 color t-shirts and posters. It's a start..and it will get your feet wet in the medium.

So to sum it up..

Digital prints...basic..just make something good and hi res, and you have a whole array of ways to print it...imagine something..anything, it can be printed digitally for a small fee.

Silkscreening..it's pretty damn easy. I see lots of skaters screening their own boards and t-shirts, and i've tried the stuff myself with like $40 in art store paper and ink. It still requires a basic knowledge of art, with some design and planning...but after that, the tools are fairly cheap for small editions or your own personal t-shirts or posters. Starting a business or longer editions would be a whole nother story!

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
Re: Some basic Art questions (Other Artists please reply!) [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3082794 - 09/02/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

very true - silkscreening is great but it's tricky. if you want multi colored things - you need a screen for each one. it CAN get costly if you really get involved. my friends and i are starting a clothing company using his silkscreen machine - it's amazing what we can do. really is!!

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3083430 - 09/02/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How funny is this... I don't really know, but I JUST (4 days ago) got a job at a Label and Nameplate manufacturer, in the art department. I'm constantly dealing with various types of print that I'm just now starting to get a grasp on.

So uh, I'll get back to you in like 3 months :smile:

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Some basic Art questions (Other Artists please reply!) [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3083588 - 09/02/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, I hope you can share some of what you learn over there :laugh: :thumbup: :wink:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale