Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Tompkins Square
    #2538478 - 04/08/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Living in the city, I am constantly on the prowl for ye olde psychedelia...I find that almost every day something happens, whether I see someone tripping or simply have an eye contact (cliche/windowsToTheSoul/correct) moment after which I am absolutely sure the person who I just passed has or has access to the things I want...hard to follow up on. Anyway.
Yesterday I was at the Tompkins Square Park dog run, quite close to my apartment, and my girlfriend and I were watching the small dogs go wild. The small dog park is like some cyclonic mess, a barking cutefest of dogs running around the tree in the middle of the open space, not sure why they're chasing who they're chasing, and usually not sure of who they're chasing either. I stood there, watching, thinking how awesome this would be on this beautiful day while tripping, not that it wasn't already a beautiful scene.
Anyway, moments later, a guy, grey-haired, 40's maybe? Big backpack, shorts, t-shirt, takes up a spot at the fence beside me. Eyes wide with wonder. I hear him mutter under his breath "oh man...now this is some trip." to no one but himself. He took out a cigarette and puffed it wildly. There was no doubt in my mind he was tripping, whether off mushrooms or acid I couldn't tell.
This post has no real point, I think, just one of those random jealous moments we all have when we haven't been able to find psychedelics for a while. Jealous is bad karma though...it was more wanting to be there, and in the end, when he walked away, watching him and understanding he was having the Moment. And I just think that's awesome.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Tompkins Square [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2538937 - 04/08/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Do you have social anxiety or something? Why dont you talk to these people? I'm pretty sure that was your chance. Old hippies with big backpacks mean nomad. Nomads love long strange trips. In all honesty... you have trouble finding shrooms in the city too?? Dude, even the street dealers have them these days.... Which isnt to cool in my opinion, cause its gonna make the laws against them a lot worse in the future.. But anyways, you need to make friends with these people. They dont have to offer to get rid of things, you have to make them want to offer cause you're so cool  :lol:

Are you a teenager? What kind of music scene are you into?

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Tompkins Square [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2538976 - 04/08/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm with ilove, you missed out on an oppurtunity.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Tompkins Square [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2539196 - 04/08/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, and I know you're not from up here Chief.. But Thompkins Square is the spot on a nice day too. Lots of good people to meet, and good things to be had  :3rd_eye:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies