Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds
    #25208164 -

So I'm having trouble deciding when to chop down my plants. They have been in flowering lighting since March 1st. I have 1 plant that seems to be latest in the flowering stages. It has about 10% amber trichomes and 80+% cloudy some clear. I'm worried about these seeds not being mature when I cut down the plant and not being viable. My greenhouse is also now getting close to 14 hours of daylight and would hate for my other plants to hermi. I am able to dig thru the nugs and find some mature seeds, however many of the seeds still seem green. Huge thanks for your guy's help. Always coming back for advice from the experienced and educated.






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: Mrvince]
    #25209027 -

You can always pick a calyx or two and take a look at the seeds to see if they're mature.
If the seeds are dark and tiger-striped, and do not crush between 2 fingers easily you should be good. With seeded runs it's always a good idea to go a couple weeks longer than you usually would when growing for buds.

I wouldn't worry about them turning hermy at this stage, the pistils have already been pollinated anyway.


--------------------
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25209034 -

Pinch some the lowest, and if they are hard. the tops are certain to be done. maybe a few duds somewhere, but thats natural.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: orison]
    #25209450 -

How far into flowering was it when was it pollinated?

You could pick a bud and check the seeds nearest the core. They've had the longest to develop.


--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: El Torcho]
    #25209483 -

Green seed generally isn't ready however will sometimes mature/brown really quickly while drying.

Lately I've been judging my harvests mostly off the general ripeness of the entire plant not just trichomes but where the calyxes are in their growing stages since they expand in size mostly in the late stages.


When I have seed my judgement of ripeness has the added factor of when the seed is ripe.

The harvests are still so good I really don't think judging trichomes improves much I aim for later stage plants for higher yield.


--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: El Torcho]
    #25209818 -

They have been with males since day 1, and I removed them about 8 weeks into flowering. All of them were pollinated as I wanted for seeds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: merch137]
    #25209826 -

I feel as if I'm close. The seeds themselves had hairs coming from an end and the hair is brown and fall off when touched. I guess it won't hurt if I just leave her and watch the seeds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: Mrvince]
    #25209964 -

They will continue development after you harvest as they hang dry. If it's been with males it's whole life, you should have more than enough viable seeds.


--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: El Torcho]
    #25210688 -

If you pollinated everything you may as well wait until they are pretty close so they will for sure mature brown instead of light green/white seed that are easily popped. The bud will be subpar in amount/quality anyways and no reason to grow for seed and get only some seed. Also i'd prefer to have the seed healthy on the plant if possible rather than some kind of premature baby with minor defects or slow growth. I think its just a good practice to ripen fully if not almost fully on the plant.


--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: merch137]
    #25210706 -

What strain is that by the way, and what did you cross it with?
The bud structure and colour looks a lot like the 707 Truthband I ran last session.


--------------------
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: MeanGreen]
    #25211220 -

MeanGreen said:
What strain is that by the way, and what did you cross it with?
The bud structure and colour looks a lot like the 707 Truthband I ran last session.



Wish I knew the strain, I bred the plants with 3 males in the greenhouse. CBD Yummy, F1 Lemon O.G., and a F1 Black Cream. Just had something I liked so I bred them.

Edited by Mrvince (05/17/18 07:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: Mrvince]
    #25219512 -



Cut the lowest nug, and this is what I got from her. 13 seeds, 10 looking mature and 3 light. However they do have the tiger stripes and have some brown on them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: Mrvince]
    #25219521 -

plant one or two and see if they'll sprout. they look mature enough tho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: mmcc]
    #25219576 -

How long do they need to dry to germinate? I've taken some one off the plant and went straight in the ground and got nothing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: Mrvince]
    #25221833 -

I'd let them dry two weeks to a month before planting, I'm a little overly cautious because I've had the same experience as you, and with a little time they started to germinate.

Those light ones were possibly old enough to mature on the plant if you dont take the seeds out until after drying like you normally would until jarring.


--------------------
Those that know their mushrooms say...[...] Amanita.
[quote]sublimistri said:
id probably just trip it out then make them a friend and grow my own belladonna secretly to dose them on. [/quote]

[quote]sublimistri said:
this is the exact reason I wanna grow belladonna, because ima get that bitch back. [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How to determine harvest with Cannabis plant with seeds [Re: merch137]
    #25222035 -

Just cut a small branch off, will dry it and see if there is a higher mature ratio. I will let the seeds sit for some time, mature seeds are looking very nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Germinating and starting cannabis plant growth. ShroomInhaler 3,628 13 04/08/04 10:59 PM
by TheHateCamel
* cannabis plant getting yellow.. psylo33o 1,276 7 01/19/03 08:03 AM
by psylo33o
* cannabis plant with little yellow spots.. psylo33o 2,489 5 07/08/02 05:33 AM
by Remy
* A cannabis plant - it has a 3-leaf formation??? Grizzy 7,118 13 09/30/13 05:12 PM
by ladypothead
* how to harvest morning glory seeds?? *DELETED* TripleB 1,327 14 08/16/04 04:17 PM
by Randolph_Carter
* Help!!! my cannabis plant has a pest!!! AIRDOG 1,530 5 04/15/02 08:42 PM
by AIRDOG
* Harvesting desmanthus lebtolobus I have spread. jackgreen 1,045 2 07/25/04 06:32 AM
by jackgreen
* Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic yet
( 1 2 3 all )
Jammer 8,493 42 05/30/05 07:50 PM
by Jammer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
701 topic views. 0 members, 20 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.