Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Dressing for Alaska in the Summer
    #25098631 -

Is anyone familiar with the kind of weather to expect during the summer in Alaska? Im going crazy trying to figure out what kind of clothes to get. I was thinking some sets of long johns, socks and a light jacket or two. IDK if thats overkill or underkill. Im from Texas, so we rarely dress for cold and mostly deal with hot. I need at least a week supplies of clothes i can cycle over a few months. Specifically, i think im gonna be in Valdez. Theres a glacier, so maybe i do need some warm clothes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Ogla]
    #25098633 -

weather.com?


I think it varies wildly depending on WHERE in alaska.  Alaska is MASSSSIIIVEEEE.  Like most people don't realize just how masive it really is because of the way maps are drawn that we all grew up with.  Its something like 1/3rd the size of the entire US...

*edit* missed that you said valdez.  I would just check historical weather for that area and guesstimate from there.  If there is a glacier I would expect it to be at least chilly (cold since you're like me and live in the heat).  Alaska CAN also have pretty warm temps also though. 


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Edited by mndfreeze (03/29/18 02:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25098640 -

yeah, i looked up the weather and its peak temp is in July with an average high of 68 and low of 51 Ferinheight. Not sure thats enough information to go on thou. Supposedly theres always snow there. I was hoping someone whose been there could give some recommendations

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: mndfreeze]
    #25098742 -

mndfreeze said:
weather.com?


I think it varies wildly depending on WHERE in alaska.  Alaska is MASSSSIIIVEEEE.  Like most people don't realize just how masive it really is because of the way maps are drawn that we all grew up with.  Its something like 1/3rd the size of the entire US...

*edit* missed that you said valdez.  I would just check historical weather for that area and guesstimate from there.  If there is a glacier I would expect it to be at least chilly (cold since you're like me and live in the heat).  Alaska CAN also have pretty warm temps also though. 



You have that backwards. Most maps make Alaska look much bigger than it actually is. Alaska is about 19% of the size of the contiguous US.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Ogla]
    #25098768 -

Even in the summer the daily high is in the 50s f

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: koods]
    #25098845 -

Alaska Is Big!
You could fit New York into Alaska 12 times! One-fifth the size of the Lower 48, Alaska is bigger than Texas, California, and Montana combined!
Alaska is also far-flung: 6.0 times wider (east to west) and 4.4 times taller (north to south) than New York. From north to south, Alaska measures 1420 miles, the distance from Denver to Mexico City, and east to west 2500 miles, the distance from Savannah, GA to Santa Barbara, CA. See detailed Alaska maps.
Alaska also has the most northern point (Point Barrow) and the most western point (Cape Wrangell, Alaska -- further west than Hawaii) in the U.S.




--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Ogla]
    #25098849 -

I would take that info, then assume it could feel 20 degrees colder and possibly have a massive spike so bring a heavy jacket, thermals, etc.

You can always put more on if you bring enough cold weather stuff, or take it back off if its warmer.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: koods]
    #25098851 -

btw koods, that info I just posted is directly from ALASKA.ORG the official site for alaska or some shit.  So I'm going to go ahead and say its probably right and you are not.

My original number was a rough guess, I didn't bother to look it up until afterwards.


--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: koods]
    #25098875 -

koods said:
You have that backwards. Most maps make Alaska look much bigger than it actually is. Alaska is about 19% of the size of the contiguous US.



That's still huge for a state in the US though. Texas is the next biggest and has about half Alaska's land mass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: psi]
    #25099237 -

Bring a toque or beenie or whatever you call those woolen caps.

There will be a fuck ton of bugs. Probably the largest mosquitos you have ever seen. And they don't give a fuck about your bug repellent spray.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #25099253 -

The best bug repellent I've tried is a cream with 30% DEET. The company that makes it is called Watkins. Makes a big difference but it doesn't stop them entirely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: psi]
    #25099419 -

cool. thank yall.  People were suggesting Rain gear and boots.  Also, i think a neck warmer and beanie couldnt hurt to have ither

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Ogla]
    #25100488 -

Definetly a goretex shell,loose fitting large synthetic long underwear top,t shirt under that ,maybe light weight goretex pants,long under wear bottoms Patagonia synchilla ,medium weight smart wool socks,a pair of heavy wool socks for sleeping,some Salomon or merrell mid height boots non goretex,goretex in shoes I don't like not enough breathabilty


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: 5150]
    #25100777 -

Quality rain gear
Synthetic base layers
Fleece pants and top
 
What are you doing there?

The sun barely goes down in the summer so it doesn’t get too cold mid-summer in the south.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Bikerfool]
    #25100942 -

Prep for all types of weather really. It can get hot as hell and cold as a well diggers ass in a span of 24hrs. I was there a few years back and Fairbanks had record breaking heat waves and I didn't have a pair of shorts or light shirt. You're not gonna freeze to death so i think you can leave the parka at home but be prepared for anything other than subzero in the summer.


--------------------
It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: kodyshowers]
    #25101001 -

I did buy a light rain jacket and I'm also getting some pants. Im also gonna buy a neck warmer and possibly some rain boot covers. also on the list is some warm socks.  I also wanna make sure I got regular comfortable clothes, so think I'm gonna get some new boxer briefs and tank tops. probably bring a pair of jeans or two. kinda thinking of it like camping. my biggest fear is that I misinterpret the weather and bring all the wrong stuff. some people say that they wear shorts put there in the 45 degree weather. think I'll be a little more sensitive to the cold. also, idk if the wind chill will make a difference. I was looking at recent photos and there's snow all over the ground right now. not sure how much that'll change in two months

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: psi]
    #25101266 -

psi said:
koods said:
You have that backwards. Most maps make Alaska look much bigger than it actually is. Alaska is about 19% of the size of the contiguous US.



That's still huge for a state in the US though. Texas is the next biggest and has about half Alaska's land mass.




Woot Woot.

OP should come to Texas instead. It's warming up and all the females are starting to lose the layers.


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Not Responding]
    #25101321 -

.

Edited by Mandarinfish (07/18/20 05:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Mandarinfish]
    #25101411 -

And remember to yell back,

Play dead!

:datass:


--------------------

Dear Kratom,

I've been numb for so long that I forgot how to feel
So I don't care if it will break my heart,
Just fuck me till I disappear




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Dressing for Alaska in the Summer [Re: Not Responding]
    #25102267 -

Not Responding said:
Woot Woot.

OP should come to Texas instead. It's warming up and all the females are starting to lose the layers.




I am in Texas. Houston to be exact

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How do you dress? Your clothing style of choice?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Apollyphelion 9,089 87 10/11/07 09:30 PM
by lukeboots
* where should i go this summer nonick 629 3 12/23/05 07:53 PM
by DNKYD
* Refurbishing Goretex? PDU 703 2 02/10/08 09:10 PM
by Vanguard
* Moving to Alaska!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
apexpredator 3,387 41 11/03/06 01:05 AM
by nobhdy
* Alaska NationofStrangers 826 19 03/04/08 03:34 PM
by AbominableShaman
* Moving to Alaska
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,360 22 08/23/04 09:36 AM
by Anonymous
* Summer Camp Festival 07' TheHateCamel 1,178 3 02/03/07 07:58 PM
by LeastResistance
* Processing jobs in Alaska OscarAcosta 941 12 04/06/08 09:44 AM
by OscarAcosta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
953 topic views. 4 members, 11 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.