Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Need advice on first time grow
    #25087744 -

Hey guys! I’ve been using this forum for years to learn about the wonderful world of shrooms and I have decided I want to start my first grow. I’m planning on buying a 2 pound bag of rye grain, a 5 pound bag of pre-pasteurised substrate , a golden teacher syringe and one of the 32 qt sterilite tubs used in this tek: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22337800

I’m going to follow the tek above as closely as possible once my grain is colonised and ready to spawn into the monotub. I’m hoping because I’m buy everything already sterilized and pasteurised it will decrease chances of contam? Hopefully?

What do you guys think? I know it’s recommended to start with the pf tek but I really would rather not deal with all that bullshit if I can avoid it. I’m hoping to place my order this weekend but I wanted to check with the forum first. :smile: thanks in advance everyone

Edited by Syphilas (03/24/18 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice on first time grow [Re: Syphilas]
    #25087792 -

If you're buying presterilized grain bags then you should be fine.

Change following the tek "as closely as possible" to "exactly word for word" and you'll be golden.

Bodhi himself, the author of the tek you linked skipped the PF tek step.

Also, remove vendor names from posts, we try to give our vendors a wide birth to keep their names out of discussion about growing shrooms. :thumbup:


--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need advice on first time grow [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25087842 -

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I am buying the grain bags  presterilized as I am very worried about contamination since it’s my first grow.

I had no idea Bodhi skipped the pf tek that’s very cool and super encouraging. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New to shrooms, new to growing Jemini 787 5 11/24/02 11:54 AM
by Dogomush
* presterilized jars... Anonymous 616 2 11/24/02 01:10 PM
by Anonymous
* Bulk Straw Tek, with out pasteuri TheShroomHermit 2,218 6 08/19/02 03:00 PM
by TheShroomHermit
* First pins of my first grow.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Psilosion 1,439 60 04/03/18 04:32 PM
by Psilosion
* Anyone have luck with mushbox presterilized substrates? punkhardcore92 2,419 18 10/21/08 06:26 PM
by thedefone
* presterilized substrate jars here!!!!
( 1 2 all )
jalfonso 3,399 22 06/08/19 11:42 AM
by Professor X
* will presterilization work? doesntmattermuch 863 10 05/10/05 12:16 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Presterilized grain mycobags? wesley90 1,754 9 01/08/05 08:33 PM
by derx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
89 topic views. 11 members, 39 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.