Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
When did colors actually run in the laundry? * 3
    #24926767 -

Like for real.  I don't separate laundry, and I've never had a problem with colors running.

Jokes about people mixing up their colors/whites/darks exist though, so at some point it was the case that this was actually a mistake.  Question is, when was this? I've been doing my own laundry since the early aughts and never sorted and never had a problem, so I know this is a very old joke.  Anyone know the last time this actually was a problem?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: sonamdrukpa]
    #24926774 -

My mother still separates her whites from colors.  Maybe dyes weren't so great when she was growing up and it just stuck with her.  Then again, they did believe a lot of old wives' tales back in the day -- this could be yet another example of that.


--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: sonamdrukpa] * 1
    #24926782 -

If you hand wash denim a shit ton of blue color seems like it comes out.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Asclepius] * 2
    #24926783 -

Maybe it's just overtime it makes whites look less white.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: sonamdrukpa] * 1
    #24926796 -

Depending on new cloth dyes the colors will still run. Like in jeans or red clothes. I remember not separating my clothes when I was a wee lass 20 years ago and they ran together. I was doing my own laundry by age 10. But now it's rarer... with the exception of certain new clothes. But still, I separate them when I do laundry from conditioning or when I use bleach for white socks/tshirts.


--------------------


:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

Edited by pachoo (01/19/18 11:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Psyche delics]
    #24926798 -

It could be... :shrug:


--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Asclepius] * 1
    #24926925 -

High efficiency washers and soaps and the ability to was in warm water instead of
hot changed that game


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: natedawgnow] * 2
    #24926952 -

When they got emancipated :bathtub40lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: sonamdrukpa] * 1
    #24927064 -

yeah i never seperate my laundry either


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Sheekle]
    #24927503 -

Just this week I turned a whole bunch of white socks and t-shirts pink, by putting a red blanket in the wash with my clothes.
:cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24927548 -

foragedfungus said:
Just this week I turned a whole bunch of white socks and t-shirts pink, by putting a red blanket in the wash with my clothes.
:cookiemonster:



Well deserved my friend, well deserved.


--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Sheekle]
    #24927672 -

Yeah, them new very dark blue jeans still tend to give off some color during the first wash. I don't bother though, I just toss everything in together. But I don't have anything white anyway, so what gives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: koraks]
    #24927692 -

I turn colors I want to protect inside out. I think it has to do with pH balanced soaps as well. Back in the day soaps were probably more basic and had a chance to pull off colors.

I wear a lot of black so I try to wash all the black stuff together. But I usually have black gray and dark blue.


--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: sonamdrukpa]
    #24927757 -

It definitely can happen with certain fabrics. The clothes I wear all seem to be immune pretty much.

With synthetics I think the color is essentially part of the plastic and probably isn't likely to leach out in large quantities. If you're washing white cotton stuff with cheaply dyed other cotton stuff (especially if the dyed stuff is new) you might have a problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: psi]
    #24928789 -

I've seen it numerous times and it always involves red bleeding onto white. I think I've seen blue bleed but I don't have any definite memory of that. It seems like it has always been a rogue sock that got missed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: debianlinux] * 3
    #24929472 -



--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: CrAcKbAbY]
    #24929526 -

^ I bet if you washed that in bleach they would turn. Funny story my work had an American flag in a room that leaked and those colors ran down the white wall... was actually pretty funny. That flag was probably made in China though


--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #24929557 -

:niggawhat:

that's a chinese conspiracy to erode the american morale, along with the lead they put in childrens toys :crankey:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: CrAcKbAbY]
    #24929563 -

My morale is already lowered and it’s American capitalism that leads my boss to buy flags from China, that’s gotta be the most American thing to do.


--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: When did colors actually run in the laundry? [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #24929574 -

We should invade China and take all their American flags home as war trophies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Clothing Questions DemonaicBlessing 509 2 04/30/04 05:38 AM
by 40oz
* Online Clothing Vendor Aneglakya 1,825 9 09/01/03 03:52 PM
by Aneglakya
* My Curiosity - Take this silly poll about colors Rebirtha 1,002 14 12/11/04 10:01 PM
by Le_Canard
* Environmentally safe laundry detergents? demiu5 1,426 9 04/24/07 06:54 PM
by nookjohn
* Laundry Penguarky Tunguin 568 1 05/26/06 08:12 PM
by king_cobra
* What size of clothes do you wear?
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 3,525 35 08/28/04 11:59 PM
by Skunk420
* wearing clothes Gillette 981 10 10/06/04 11:36 AM
by Locus
* Homosexuals see more colors when tripping? I2ancid 1,086 6 09/20/04 11:02 PM
by felix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
650 topic views. 7 members, 203 guests and 292 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.