Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: Psy Baba] * 1
    #24352820 -

Plaid is fucking incredible :awesome:

They managed to make the PDX Holocene actually sound good :smilingpuppy:





--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: twighead]
    #24352832 -

Of course cannot have a conversation about IDM without Ochre :3



or Wisp



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: twighead]
    #24352926 -

Boards of Canada remix by Machinedrum.

Edited by skatealex2 (05/27/17 12:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: Psy Baba] * 1
    #24354747 -

I don't know if this qualifies as "IDM" or what the specific definition of "IDM" is, I enjoy all sorts of music but I'm not a genre expert lol ....And most "IDM" is purely listening music for me, not for dancing :shrug: (or maybe my understanding of what IDM is is wrong lol).


When I think of IDM, though, this is kinda what comes to my mind :shrug: . This dude is one of my favorite producers, I enjoy his work a lot & love the textures and sound design, the way his sounds fall together and how some of his tunes progress/evolve....though I haven't listened to any of his stuff in a couple years since I haven't really been in the mood (my taste in music that I listen to is always changing).


Dude produces under two names....


Rob Clouth - Acetylene Broken



Rob Clouth - The Descent (clip)



Rob Clouth - Islands of Glass



Rob Clouth - Cloud Complex (clip)



Rob Clouth - Thin Shell Inner Void



Rob Clouth - The Smallest Measurable Space



Vaetxh - Clipper



Vaetxh - Mass








-OM


.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: openmind]
    #24355179 -

IDM'S alternative name is "Glitch" which describes the genre well: The music sounds like theres glitches in it, like a computer gone haywire.

IDM or Glitch is definitetly hard to dance too, but still easier to dance to than drum n bass lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24355182 -

I like getting down to both :awesome:

Seizure feet!


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: openmind]
    #24355285 -

Heck yes Openmind!  That's what I'd def classically label as IDM.  I've never heard someone refer to something simple as "glitch"  there is glitch-hop, and breakcore, but this melodic, melancholic style is what I've always seen labeled "IDM" by consensus.

i wonder what a good alternative for IDM could be?  Cloudcore?  neuro-chill?  Chill-glitch?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #24355313 -

Neuro-glitch sounds cool.

A lot of tracks on Soundcloud are labelled "IDM/Glitch" for genre which is why i mentioned it. And yeah, glitch-hop is different, since it has a more hip-hop like beat to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24680034 -

popped a lil' wip out ;D



--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: twighead] * 1
    #24689965 -

:dj:


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: Psy Baba] * 1
    #24692580 -

love most the artists mentioned here some i dont know yet listened to a bit of kettle not fora while like the op track, i have a few copies of secedes vega libre and the tracks don't flow smoothly (gapless) bad rips? i noticed it on a few other different d/l so i used acid pro to get the best result possible before burning a disc with an extended track i made of track 1, love silent flower observers tracks 1 into 2 really hit an emotional spot






some tunes from these guys are kinda idm more downtempo perhaps..



few tracka will ever overcome this idm masterpiece!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: twighead]
    #24888741 -

Stumbled across another gem!


Roy Of The Ravers - Emotinium


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best IDM I've heard in a long time. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #24888900 -

Some good Hrvatski



Can't find a link for it, but "Rick Allen Mix" by Vytear is great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sweet IDM (Aphex twin fans check it) Psy Baba 449 4 11/04/08 03:25 PM
by Grapefruit
* in NYC this weekend? like downtempo/trip-hop/idm?
( 1 2 all )
Yoschie99 3,239 25 01/18/07 05:46 AM
by Yoschie99
* IDM .. wtf? Cepheus 811 11 08/28/06 12:13 AM
by MrJellineck
* You should know about Sleepy Town Manufacture, glacially dreamy IDM toastandjam 363 0 01/25/07 02:13 AM
by toastandjam
* What’s the craziest non-hallucination event you’ve seen play out while tripping?
( 1 2 all )
RyeRay 1,795 34 05/07/21 12:47 PM
by Killer_Fungus
* I've decided the Pub is the place to be.
( 1 2 all )
LoverOfMana 3,745 27 05/08/04 01:51 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* Shit you've lost or done while on Xanax.
( 1 2 all )
Flux 7,071 23 01/07/04 09:21 AM
by Twista
* So i've been doing some work on my car... Droz 1,517 12 04/22/04 03:45 PM
by K20A2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,756 topic views. 8 members, 14 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.