Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Why won't casings pin?
    #24795 - 07/18/00 08:48 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Did you try to initiate pinning by lowering temps, adding light, lowering co2 levels by adding fresh air? You possibly many need to give it a bit more time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
    #24797 - 07/18/00 08:56 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

It took my casings a while to pin. The only thing I can think of is light. Put a light bulb over the casings and leave it on for at least 12 hours a day.

------------------
-snarf

Offlineatmos
    #24798 - 07/18/00 09:00 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

don't get depressed! what you have sounds like nothing is wrong.

i'll tell you what little i know....

first, i didn't think you were supposed to sprinkle verm on top of a casing. well, i've never read about it.....i've always used the hawk method of casing, the easy way. the layers go like this:

moist verm (1/2 inch)
cake dices/crumbles (cover verm)
peat moss/verm mix (STERILZED) (1/2 inch, or however thick you wish)

maybe you meant the peat/verm mix when you just said verm?

anyway, try this:

sprinkle your 50/50 mix back over the "rough spots" on your casing, and wait for the casing to get mycelium growing over the top more equally. don't forget sterilization.

how long have you been waiting? it just seems like a few days from what you describe. don't get discouraged, it'll take about a week to start seeing pins, possibly longer depending on the conditions in your terrarium.

good luck, don't give up, and don't get depressed ....... frustrated, yeah.... :smile: but it seems you're not having problems at all.

you'll be rewarded quite nicely. and it's a damn good feeling to see your first mushrooms pin.

ahhhhhhh........ :wink:

Anonymous

#24799 - 07/18/00 09:03 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe don't water it quite as much. I found the mycelium grew faster and stronger, if I only watered twice a day, maybe even once, and held the spray bottle farther away than normal. When the mycelium gets misted, it sort of gets bogged down.

Offlineatmos
    #24800 - 07/18/00 09:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

oh yeah.....i almost forgot.....

consult the giraffe, ask for some of his yield....it'd be cool to trip with a giraffe......

Anonymous

#24801 - 07/19/00 10:48 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, but the PF tek says to wait for primordia (the wormy things with red "pins" for heads) to appear. Wait another 3-4 days, then birth. Sounds to me you may have birthed too early and if that's the case I don't know what to do (I posted a question about birthing too early and got no response).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix